Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 12:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lena:][:
TS2. TS3 is soo slow. :l
it's annoying, it goes one minutes in like 3 minutes.
grr. i spent 50$ on crap.

I forgot about that!!! The speeds are so slow compared to TS2!

Follow me!
I like to post pictures of my Sims. (:
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 4:43 AM Last edited by sopye : 6th Jul 2009 at 5:50 AM.
I still find a lot of fun in Sims2, but I do periodically play Sims3. One of the things I dislike the most in Sims3, and I am surprised noone else has said this, is the baby thing. I actually think the babies in 2 are cute, at least they look like a baby. In Sims3 they look like they are holding a doll head in a papoose, or something. And while I don't miss the dirty diapers and bottles lying all over, I do miss the action of bathing the babies and toddlers. In real life you don't just wait till they are children to bathe them
Test Subject
#53 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 5:29 AM
I have both games installed on my computer, and I get joy in playing both of them. Well, honestly, I just like making the people in the Sims 3 only because I can pick exactly how they look since I don't have any CC when it comes to the sims 2. But I actually like playing the Sims 2 more. Everything is less complicating. It's easy to make friends. It's easy for them to fall in love. And like sopye said, the babies are actually cute. In the Sims 3, all of the babies have the same exact eye color. Did anyone else notice that? Also, they look retarded being swaddled up in those darn blankets all the time. I like the Sims 3, a lot, but I adore the Sims 2.

Also, I LOVE the Sims 2 because I know Cheat Codes. I don't know any Cheat Codes for the Sims 3. The ones I got off of this website didn't even work. The only one that did work was motherlode. So if anyone knows any cheat codes for the Sims 3, please, PM me. I'd great appreciate it.
Instructor
#54 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 5:44 AM
Today I am going back to Sims2 at least until story progression is fixed and perhaps another expansion pack is released although that wont fix some of my gripes. I have tried so hard to enjoy Sims3 but I just cannot attach myself to it. I miss my legacy family, my sims who I brought up from being little babies who I have KEPT. I hate the way Sims3 sims look and ugh, they walk stupid! I love the seamless neighbourhood, traits and patterns thought. Its just not enough right now.

^_^
Test Subject
#55 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 5:52 AM
Ahaha. You're right, they do walk stupid. I usually get A.D.D. after playing that game for like ten minutes. The only time I stay on more than an hour is if I'm building a house. I went back to the Sims 2 about a week ago. I still switch out. But I spend most of my time trying to make a legacy, without cheating, on the Sims 2.
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 6:28 AM
Personally, I'm waiting to buy the Sims 3.

I like the idea of getting the first edition of the game, but not enough to want to pay fifty bucks for it.

I'm not going to bash it, since I don't own it and haven't seen the new Sims in person, but they do look funny in the pictures. They have roundish faces even with skinny bodies, like people have said before me.[it may be only me, but their beards look like when a little boy tries to rub charcoal or something on his face to make him look like a grown-up. Not realistic at all.] I've seen plenty of screenshots, and the scenery is gorgeous, yes, but again, not worth so much money just to walk around looking at the water and mountains. The seemless neighborhood idea is nice, but I've heard from people and seen pictures that show the community "lots" as just places the sims can go and you can't interact with them. I never noticed the loading screens being long, my game takes a minute or two tops to load a lot, and I've never been one to want to visit random places, since all the townies you need seem to walk past your house anyways. I only recently got into the custom content situation, so I've been playing the sims without it for awhile. That's not the reason I'm not buying it, I would be happy with only the base game objects. I just think I'll wait it out and see if the game shows anything special in the future, for now I'm sticking with the families I've played for awhile.
Scholar
#57 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 9:41 AM
It appears to me that the Sims 3 didn't present itself with a large leap, either graphics or program-wise, that the Sims 2 presented in the transition from the Sims. Therefore, I have decided not to purchase said game in hopes that it is discontinued. (Besides the fact that I have played it on a friends computer, I have no other reason to bitch...but it just seems...weird, and as she said...the developers took a step backward. Why muss up a good thing?)

Besides, it appears that the game is still in it's infantile stages and has many, many bugs to it. Good job fixing it up before releasing it, Maxis. :]

Clearly the game won't be discontinued because of one nay-sayer, but I still think I'll wait until Maxis' next big break in technological design.
Test Subject
#58 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 10:36 AM
I 've got both on PC, but like Sims2 much more than Sims3. Sims3's not made for Builders and Decorators, I guess. It's more for "players". And there are no good deco, nothing to "clutter" with in Sims3- and without cluttering it makes no sense for me.
Theorist
#59 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 1:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Prosthetics
It appears to me that the Sims 3 didn't present itself with a large leap, either graphics or program-wise, that the Sims 2 presented in the transition from the Sims.

I think TS3 is a massive jump program wise. In TS2 with all expansions, going to a community lot was a long loading screen, a little bit of playing, and a long loading screen again.
In TS3, you can click on somewhere two miles away, and your sim will instantly drive, run, walk or cycle there, however you want.
Thats an improvement.
If your someone who only used bodyshop to create TS2 sims, it meant exiting the game, loading up bodyshop, then loading the game again. On my TS2, that would have been at least 10 minutes of loading. In TS3, it takes about 10 seconds to enter CAS. Improvement.

Graphics wise, meh, its about the same. TS3 gives improved surroundings. The virtual town is pure eye candy, but TS2 gives finer details. Much better animations for walking (especially on stairs) and entering vehicles, but sims look better I feel in TS2, although the difference is not earth shattering like some would have you beleive, they are slightly inferior in TS3

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 1:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
I think TS3 is a massive jump program wise. In TS2 with all expansions, going to a community lot was a long loading screen, a little bit of playing, and a long loading screen again.
In TS3, you can click on somewhere two miles away, and your sim will instantly drive, run, walk or cycle there, however you want.
Thats an improvement.
If your someone who only used bodyshop to create TS2 sims, it meant exiting the game, loading up bodyshop, then loading the game again. On my TS2, that would have been at least 10 minutes of loading. In TS3, it takes about 10 seconds to enter CAS. Improvement.

Graphics wise, meh, its about the same. TS3 gives improved surroundings. The virtual town is pure eye candy, but TS2 gives finer details. Much better animations for walking (especially on stairs) and entering vehicles, but sims look better I feel in TS2, although the difference is not earth shattering like some would have you beleive, they are slightly inferior in TS3

It takes 10 seconds to load CAS right NOW. Just wait after a couple of EPs and a few hundred MBs of CC. I can see clothes being a big problem when you start getting outfits in the hundreds. Since the game likes to load tops, bottoms, outfits, accessories, shoes, etc. at once it could take a while for everything to load up in a couple seconds. You'd have to wait a while for that top you're looking for to actually have it's picture load up so you could click on it and use it when the proper CC comes out, hell even when the next couple of EPs add clothes.

I don't think the open neighborhood is that much of an improvement. It seems more like a well executed gimmick. It is VERY nice but definitely not leaps and bounds ahead of TS2. I wonder what they're going to do for the EPs and how adding new neighborhoods will affect the streamlined neighborhood.

TBH, I think the problem is that there was a HUGE difference between TS1 and TS2. After all the improvements and enhancements there isn't much they can do anymore in the series. I mean, they brought The Sims into 3D, added aging, along with countless of EPs that added some great (some not so great) features in TS2 that it's going to be hard to add freshness to TS3. That's why a lot of people say TS3 is just a prettier version of TS2.

So yeah the no-loading screens are an improvement, but a great one? Is TS3 that much different than TS2? It has it's bells and whistles, but when comparing TS2 with it's predecessor you can tell that it was not only graphically but fundamentally better.

I feel that they've done so much and used so much of their ideas on TS2 that it's going to be really hard to keep the game 'new' for TS3.
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 4:02 AM Last edited by candyapplegirl : 9th Jul 2009 at 4:14 AM.
Yes, and I ended up uninstalling TS3 and reinstalling TS2 two days ago, because I missed my pretty Sims and all the decorating "stuff". I love the seamless neighborhood and the personality traits on TS3, but the Sims aren't very aesthetically pleasing (IMHO), and there isn't enough "stuff" to decorate with yet. I absolutely hate the CAS feature in TS3, because the Sims always end up with fat necks and boxy looking heads. There aren't enough hairstyles that look decent, though I do like the fact that you can color everything exactly the way you want it. I just don't think the sliders give enough control over the shape and positioning of the facial features. Though it is a pain in the butt to have to exit the game and go into Body Shop, I liked the controls much better, and I like the fact that you can upload your own facial and skin meshes.

I gave TS3 one month to grow on me, and even though I absolutely LOVED some of the graphics (like the water and sunrise/sunset), I just couldn't get into it yet. One of my biggest pet peeves from TS3 is the outdoor flowers. they are HORRIBLE looking. Once you get close to them, they look like cardboard cutouts, and they are completely flat. I mean, come ON. Surely, with all the minds at Maxis, they could come up with something better than cardboard cut-out flowers. Then again, I am one of those detail oriented people who enjoys decorating and creating Sims more than actually playing the "game" anyway. I'm sure I'll like it more once they get more things for me to play around with.
Test Subject
#62 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 11:45 AM
I prefer TS2, at least you can actually see your sims in a community lot

Rabbit holes are a disgrace to the sims universe. They should be stacked up on eachother on a bonfire, and then set alight.
Scholar
#63 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 3:27 PM
At the moment I'm addicted to my Sims 2...I reinstalled my EPs after my little experiment of playing just the base game before I got Sims 3 (to be fair to Sims 3)...so it's like a new game for me again. The only CC I've installed are some custom eyes and a custom sim. Eventually I'll install Insiminator again, but for now I'm having fun without alot of CC. Eventually I'll get around to installing my CC though.

Beware of Elves giving wedgies.
Test Subject
#64 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 5:15 PM
Saying that TS3 won't work on my computer, I like TS2 better.
However, it looks like TS2 is more realistic and TS3 is more cartooney. I like the traits and everything for the CAS in TS3, but I personally prefer TS2 at the moment.
Alchemist
#65 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 5:51 PM
TS2 has a certain... lure, immersiveness, sense of humour even?... that TS3 lacks.
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 6:01 PM
In the sims 2,you can make gorgus sims...in the sims 3...not so mutch...They tryed to make it look like the sims could be real people and that NEVER goes well!Like Cris Crocker,he's a very butiful person!("Leave Britny Alone Guy")But if they made a doll like him,it would be a thin Ken doll with long hair and a distorted face!I'm just SAYING!
Instructor
#67 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 6:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coltraz
TS2 has a certain... lure, immersiveness, sense of humour even?... that TS3 lacks.

Totally agree. I remember when I got Sims 2 I couldn't put it down and it still has me now. I am somewhat attached to my sims and the gameplay.

The only reason I play Sims 3 is because I really want to like it. I was so looking forward to it. Its alright saying "oh but just wait until there are some ep's" but a lot of what is wrong is not going to be fixed with an ep. They will always be puddings!

^_^
Theorist
#68 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 6:28 PM
I'm slowly reloading Sims 2 and the eps. My son has expressed an interest so I let him have his own family/neighborhood while I make sure I only download the top quality stuff now (not any old junk).

I like having the option of both and appreciate all the CC for Sims 2. Meanwhile, 3 is fun (new options) and new situations.

I agree that Sims 2 was a major, jawdropping difference from Sims 1. Sims 3, alas, is not. But it's still okay.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Scholar
#69 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 6:31 AM
I just spent *all day* playing Sims 2. I think it's Sims 3's turn tomorrow...maybe.

Beware of Elves giving wedgies.
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 6:39 AM
Default Bla!
Quote: Originally posted by schitzwa
Totally agree. I remember when I got Sims 2 I couldn't put it down and it still has me now. I am somewhat attached to my sims and the gameplay.

The only reason I play Sims 3 is because I really want to like it. I was so looking forward to it. Its alright saying "oh but just wait until there are some ep's" but a lot of what is wrong is not going to be fixed with an ep. They will always be puddings!
Yah!And I hear there are no minny-movies!I mean,COME ON!GOD!I like the IDIA of the game, but they should have KEEPT stuff... I am sad...
Test Subject
#71 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 2:01 PM
I like TS2 but there is one thing that makes my urges to play it again subdue in favour for TS3....Dang performance issues...

I mean on TS3 I run everything on max settings with only a minute of loading on highest resolution with NO LAG. TS2 I run a family with 6 sims after about 4-5 minutes loading on near lowest setting (everything except the option that makes your Sims hands from looking normal to really blocky) on 800x600 and the thing lags like crazy...I guess after getting TS3, the lag in TS2 really stands out...(I got a fairly new PC and a GTX260+ btw). TS2 simply lags way to much for me to enjoy it. I miss a lot of stuff in it, but it is just unbearable to play (well...I guess I had no problem with the lag before but...I guess thats what happens when your spoilt lol). I really miss apartments and tiny lots from TS2 though, empty lots in TS3 are way to big to imitate real suburbia lol.
Test Subject
#72 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 2:41 PM
Default Well.......
The sims 3 graphics are good and all that stuff,but the sims 2 is way more interesting.Like theres vampire's,werewolfs etc.I prefere the sims 2
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 6:49 PM
I like Sims2 better.
TS3 is boring. I made some gaming character but they are UGLY.
The eye balls are scary.

No one redistribute my work.
No upload to Exchange.

When you use my full sim on your blog or movie, please credit to me.
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 6:58 PM
I pefer Sims 2, there's so much out there for them as far as custom content. Plus I'm REALLY attached to alot of my sims and I wouldn't be able to make them in Sims 3. I don't like how the sims are all pudgey looking in Sims 3 either. And the fact there's no cut scenes snd the story progression thing is annoying. I don't have Sims 3 to be honest and I don't plan on getting it soon either.

I am L...I am...Justice

http://i33.tinypic.com/dmcyut.jpg - There be Dragons..
Test Subject
#75 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 10:31 AM
I have it, I uninstalled it. I don't think it's anywhere as fun as TS2 is. I like it, though. It just doesn't have that shiny appeal that TS2 has. D:
Page 3 of 32