Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#51 Old 12th Jul 2010 at 9:55 PM
The Buddha statue uploaded here on MTS and the one in my pic are two diff files, I think.
I've had mine for many months.

The one on this site gets extra props for having a CAStable base and increased detailing of the crown texture. The one in that screen-shot has no base at all.
Advertisement
The other one
#52 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 1:42 AM
Been playing around with this attempting to make my own aquarium when I accidentaly stumbled across a glitch that I thought I'd share:I was colouring the ground in with sand and clicked on one of the fog emitters while doing it and suddenly I had blue sand

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Top Secret Researcher
#53 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 2:08 AM
What is this fancy stuff you are putting in the holey foundation ey?!

Is it like a waterfall thing? The white almost look like waves. Maybe it colors the ground it lands on blue so that it looks more authentic when you mix it up with other water.

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
The other one
#54 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 3:10 AM
Ah damn, you caught me kaos! Yep, my hole is gonna be an aquarium (shhhh! It's a secret ) The white bits are rising bubbles. I think I'm almost finished the aquarium except for the fact that I haven't actually put any fish in it yet but so far it's the only bit of the house I've done, gonna try to build the rest around it

Lab Assistant
#55 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 3:21 AM
Oooooo. SO. AWSOME. This is going to make my inventors underground fortress so.. soo.. sooooo much more cooler.
#56 Old 10th Aug 2010 at 2:24 AM
Default Piles of 'snow'
In buydebug mode you can access lil' piles of sand in the Misc Objects section - and guess what? You can recolour them to make lil' piles of snow!
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 4th Sep 2010 at 12:19 AM
how do you guys have perfectly squared aquariums? the only video I've seen revolved in making a basement a pool, and merging water with the pool. Esentially it was a glasses pool that overlapped into a pond allowing me to see through the water and have fish in my basement.

please guys a tutorial or something. please.
Instructor
#58 Old 4th Sep 2010 at 1:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by D1n3r0
how do you guys have perfectly squared aquariums? the only video I've seen revolved in making a basement a pool, and merging water with the pool. Esentially it was a glasses pool that overlapped into a pond allowing me to see through the water and have fish in my basement.

please guys a tutorial or something. please.

Our very own missroxor made a great tutorial on aquarium-making. You can find it here: http://modthesims.info/article.php?t=416500
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 8th Sep 2010 at 1:06 AM
thanks alot fraggle. that is crazy its a fake aquarium!! i have seen tutorials of one that you can actually fish from. here it is, as well as some other variations.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWDO...feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hdn25m8SRR0

i havent tried this last one but it seems to work. somehow they walk in the air? if someone can comfirm please reply.

http://www.thesims3.com/contentDeta...ontentId=138550
The other one
#60 Old 8th Sep 2010 at 9:30 AM
Thanks for the shoutout Fragglerocks

D1n3r0, thanks for posting those, I'd seen the first one but not the other two, the one you can walk over is pretty cool. I haven't tried it but it seems like they do kinda walk on air...if you place fencing the floor will fill in with the grid that should allow you to place stuff though you might have to have moveobjects on. I guess it's just a way of tricking your sims into thinking there's a floor there

Currently I'm working on an aquarium that combines techniques from my tutorial and from the one in the first video and I'm having a nightmare trying to get my sharks to stay inside the glass!

Lab Assistant
#61 Old 8th Sep 2010 at 7:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by missroxor
Thanks for the shoutout Fragglerocks

D1n3r0, thanks for posting those, I'd seen the first one but not the other two, the one you can walk over is pretty cool. I haven't tried it but it seems like they do kinda walk on air...if you place fencing the floor will fill in with the grid that should allow you to place stuff though you might have to have moveobjects on. I guess it's just a way of tricking your sims into thinking there's a floor there

Currently I'm working on an aquarium that combines techniques from my tutorial and from the one in the first video and I'm having a nightmare trying to get my sharks to stay inside the glass!

yes i think the fee fi foo fence has something to do with it. and you do have to have moveobjects on to place the furniture but How does the sim walk on the fence? In second video you clearly see this being done and they just walked over to a couch and sat there. Also you can fish through it? I was hoping someone could try it and post it. I haven't got on the sims in a while been download new custom content and I'm the type that downloads a bunch of stuff and then plays.

@missroxy can you take pictures of your aquarium your making?
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 26th Sep 2010 at 11:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jkwc
Would be helpful is someone posted all the effects :D

They can be found on the Sims Wiki if you search 'Fog Emitter'.
Test Subject
#63 Old 8th Oct 2010 at 1:37 AM
Thanks for the list of effects. Thanks to them i was able to make a pretty decent looking aquarium on the second floor of my house. I'm not terribly creative but i think it turned out okay. For obvious reasons there is no actual water.

Retired
retired moderator
#64 Old 18th Nov 2010 at 4:51 PM
Is there a full list of the effects added in Late Night, by any chance? I haven't spotted one.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Theorist
#65 Old 18th Nov 2010 at 6:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kiwi_tea
Is there a full list of the effects added in Late Night, by any chance? I haven't spotted one.

I just updated the list to include pigeons, but yeah I would hope that theres more effects added by the EP. I think car horns are added by placing highrise shells.
I have PMed the guy who found the effects in the first place so I'll see if he responds.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Top Secret Researcher
#66 Old 29th Nov 2010 at 10:58 PM
I discovered myself that you can place the other LN fish in your game also.
For Kissing Gourami: fishkissinggouramibowlseq
For Sewer Trilobite: fishsewertrilobitebowlseq
And for the seasludge: fishseasludgebowlseq.... It's a strange kind of seaweed?

Sorry, if my english isn't that good...I'm Dutch :P
Field Researcher
#67 Old 6th Dec 2010 at 8:46 PM
Has someone updated this list to include LN effects?

If so please provide a new link.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#68 Old 16th Dec 2010 at 10:45 PM
The text file is updated with the late night effects.
Field Researcher
#69 Old 22nd Dec 2010 at 7:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Goggalor
The text file is updated with the late night effects.

Thanks I find the list is most useful in my builds

PS Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 31st Dec 2010 at 3:38 AM
Yet another one de-lurking after an embarrassingly long time (years!!) spent hiding in the shadows. Love this thread - inspiring and I've been having so much fun with the fog emitter! (I made it snow! *giggles happily like little girl*)

But, I have a question... how do you raise it up? I'm trying to build a sewer under the city for my world building project but I can't seem to figure out how to make the water surface a meter or so off the ground rather than just being on the ground... Can someone help, please? (:
The other one
#71 Old 31st Dec 2010 at 4:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Madam Doofie
But, I have a question... how do you raise it up? I'm trying to build a sewer under the city for my world building project but I can't seem to figure out how to make the water surface a meter or so off the ground rather than just being on the ground... Can someone help, please? (:

Do you mean you will be creating the water surface using the fog emitter? Sounds good, would love to see pics when you're done To raise the fog emitter just use the raise the terrain tool in build to get the height you want then place the fog emitter on top. You should just be able to then flatten the terrain to ground level again. Off the top of my head I don't think you need to use any cheats but if it doesn't work try typing in constrainfloorelevations false then when you're done type in constrainfloorelevations true. If you want an example with pics of this technique take a look at my aquarium tutorial linked to my signature

An alternative method is using OMSPs but they would require you to use CC in your world.

Lab Assistant
#72 Old 31st Dec 2010 at 5:13 AM
To raise the fog emitter just use the raise the terrain tool in build to get the height you want then place the fog emitter on top.

Unfortunately I'm building in a sewer and it says you can only raise the exposed terrain. Am I doing it wrong? I'm still learning...slowly. Mostly by doing and browsing tutorials in an epically lurky manner~

Do you mean you will be creating the water surface using the fog emitter? Sounds good, would love to see pics when you're done

That's the attempt! And will be sure to show you (:
The other one
#73 Old 31st Dec 2010 at 5:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Madam Doofie
Unfortunately I'm building in a sewer and it says you can only raise the exposed terrain. Am I doing it wrong?

Ah, if your walls/ceilings etc are already in place then you definitely have to use the cheat I mentioned (you'll see it around referred to as CFE). With this set to false you can adjust any terrain in your lot no matter what is placed on it....it's very easy to mess things up if you leave it on and forget about it so make sure you set it back to true when you've fixed your fog emitters. If you're still unsure either check out my tutorial or have a little practice with CFE using one of the tutorials on making split level houses or folded stairs. They all use the same cheats. Sometimes it just takes a bit of practice to get used to it.

Lab Assistant
#74 Old 31st Dec 2010 at 5:59 AM
Ah, if your walls/ceilings etc are already in place then you definitely have to use the cheat I mentioned (you'll see it around referred to as CFE). With this set to false you can adjust any terrain in your lot no matter what is placed on it....it's very easy to mess things up if you leave it on and forget about it so make sure you set it back to true when you've fixed your fog emitters. If you're still unsure either check out my tutorial or have a little practice with CFE using one of the tutorials on making split level houses or folded stairs. They all use the same cheats. Sometimes it just takes a bit of practice to get used to it.

I think it's because I'm in a basement. It Does Not Like Basements.

*looks at the CC* One piece of CC wouldn't hurt... *considers*

I shall look at it again in the light of day tomorrow~ thank you muchly for your help
The other one
#75 Old 31st Dec 2010 at 6:54 AM
Ah, of course! Basements act a little differently. It is still possible to do in a basement but it's a little lot more tricky. You can't raise/lower terrain under a basement directly but what you can do is this:

1. Build your basement as planned.
2. pic1 On spare ground somewhere near your basement raise a patch of ground so that it's as high off the ground as you would want your fog emitter to be off the basement floor. Level out enough to build a small pool on top (one square is fine, I've gone overboard).
2. Pic2 Set CFE to false then at basement level drag the level tool from the pool to your basement.
3. Pic 3 Place your fogemitter(s) then level out the basement floor. The emitter should stay in place. If you try to move it it will fall to the ground again so try to get everything where/how you want it before leveling the ground. When you're sure everything is how you want it delete the pool and level out the ground above the basement.

For obvious reasons It's best to do this before you build the rest of your lot.
Screenshots

Page 3 of 5