Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 12th Jul 2010 at 5:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Aya_Alexa
well i would love more dancing animations and clothes shop if this is really something like hot date/nightlife

More dance animations would be lovely! I miss the hula from TS2.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 12th Jul 2010 at 5:51 PM
hmm, sounds like a horror movie to me and not an expansion. anyway found the leaked screenshot>>

The Sims 3: After Dark.
So dark you won't know what the heck is going on.

That is either the worst leak in history, or it's going to be really freakin' dark.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 12th Jul 2010 at 6:27 PM
If this is real, they better:

1. Let teens make out on a bed and let anyone make out on a couch.
2. have more things to do besides going to a movie or hanging out at the park
3. more romantic interactions
4. have a dj!!
Forum Resident
#29 Old 12th Jul 2010 at 6:33 PM
hmm, sounds like a horror movie to me and not an expansion. anyway found the leaked screenshot>>

Oh my gosh! I see a Dinosaur, a Ninja, and Spock... This EP is going to be Epic.
Theorist
#30 Old 12th Jul 2010 at 6:52 PM
Meh... Not really what I wanted but it sounds alright, it's a little annoying that we've gotten a NL themed EP every series when they're not that exciting, it's true that the game is REALLY lacking in the interactions/cool objects (We need DJ and Hotubs please!) but we already have dating and cars which were TS2 NL's main draws. And I don't know how you can really get an exciting "After Dark" feel in a town like Riverview...... I hope they add apartments, doubtful but that would be great!!!!

Can't wait for vamps!

Hi I'm Paul!
Field Researcher
#31 Old 12th Jul 2010 at 7:27 PM
[QUOTE=Robodl95]
Quote:
And I don't know how you can really get an exciting "After Dark" feel in a town like Riverview......

This is where alien abductions can come back into play!
Mad Poster
#32 Old 12th Jul 2010 at 7:45 PM
the movie thing reminded me that i'd really like for our sims to be able to go on movie dates.

so far you can't even bring a friend to the movie. only go alone.
Field Researcher
#33 Old 12th Jul 2010 at 9:08 PM
My Pee-Wee Herman sim loves to go to the movies alone 0_o
Scholar
#34 Old 12th Jul 2010 at 9:35 PM
TS3 After Dark?! But our Sims have curfews!

I really miss TS1's hot date gifts you can buy, like teddy bears, chocolate, flowers, jewelry for your date :] They should have something like that.
And yes! New dance animations!
Also somewhat alcoholic drinks so our sims can be acting crazy after too many drinks xD
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 12th Jul 2010 at 10:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grillcheesesammich

Took me a minute! HAHAHA!
Scholar
#36 Old 12th Jul 2010 at 10:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lazzybum
Also somewhat alcoholic drinks so our sims can be acting crazy after too many drinks xD

Psh. It would have to be some sort of magic potion or something. Damn the teen rating, and ratings systems in general.
I'm going to pout. D:

Though it would be cool to spike the juice.

"You're born naked, and everything else is drag."
dA
Last.fm
tumblr
Field Researcher
#37 Old 12th Jul 2010 at 11:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Celebriton
estimated release day of October 29th 2010

oh for the love of......
fable III release date October 29th 2010
force unleashed II release date October 29th 2010
and now this!

ahh!

You're lying to Sam like he's your wife. Which kinda makes me your mistress.
Field Researcher
#38 Old 12th Jul 2010 at 11:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grillcheesesammich

Ewwwhhh!!!!
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 12th Jul 2010 at 11:28 PM
I want animals! If it is going to be night, give me bats, and all creatures that are nocturnal. There are lots of them. How about werewolves. Well if they add more restaurant stuff, want addition of things more like in restaurant empire and cooking quest. The last ep rumors that came out were not even close to what was in ep 2. So dream away folks. I still dream of all things animal. Bark, meow, moo, woof, baa, sqeek, huff, puff.
Top Secret Researcher
#40 Old 12th Jul 2010 at 11:32 PM
Sounds promising!

If it is a Nightlife/Hot Date themed expansion then surely it must contain things like more restaurants, bars and nightclubs. Hope they are not made into rabbit-holes

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Field Researcher
#41 Old 13th Jul 2010 at 12:16 AM
Well, here's hoping that the vamps don't sparkle. Or if they do, EA should at least make a vamp-hunter profession so that I can download a Buffy sim to stake 'em!
Forum Resident
#42 Old 13th Jul 2010 at 12:35 AM
if nightclubs and bars were made into rabbitholes, then it would be a total turn off for me with this sims3 game.
if EA really want to earn alot of money out of their fans then they'd be stupid for taking the easy road, which is rabbit holes.
imo, they are the worst idea for the sims, ever!
Inventor
#43 Old 13th Jul 2010 at 12:35 AM
Even if it is a rumour, Sims 3 definitely needs some kind of nightlife expansion. I haven't played it that long yet, (did a big session last night and quite got into it), but at one point my sim rolled a wish to have a hot night on the town... like where exactly? It's a toss up between that 24 hour American-style diner and the theatre from what I can see, not exactly heart-stopping venues!

Oh I'm just frustrated... my sim still hasn't had her first snog and all the guys she chats up she later finds out are partnered with other men. She might have to become a lesbian.
Forum Resident
#44 Old 13th Jul 2010 at 1:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mishy
if nightclubs and bars were made into rabbitholes, then it would be a total turn off for me with this sims3 game.
if EA really want to earn alot of money out of their fans then they'd be stupid for taking the easy road, which is rabbit holes.
imo, they are the worst idea for the sims, ever!

Couldnt agree more with you...
Rabbit Holes just show that EA took the 'easy' way to make things possible...
But by making these rabbit holes they removed all the fun of a community lot...
If nightclubs , restaraunts and etc become rabbit holes im going back to TS2!

Check my tumblr:
http://eliasctifler.tumblr.com/
:)
Mad Poster
#45 Old 13th Jul 2010 at 3:30 AM
I can understand that careers are rabbit holes and that doesn't bother me so much, but definitely not community lots to hang out at, especially nightclubs. I can just picture it now... a rabbit-hole nightclub with the purpose of giving your Sim a moodlet to pretend as though it had a blast. Ugh. If the libraries and art museums are open, so should the other social places be.
Top Secret Researcher
#46 Old 13th Jul 2010 at 3:59 AM
It would be sort of fun (even if the Hot Date/Nightlife theme is what I want) if this EP turned out to be something completely different that no one has mentioned before.

Oh the disappointment and rage from the community, haha.
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 13th Jul 2010 at 4:04 AM
Would be nice to enable some kind of nightclub type lot other than a generic hangout.

Something that would have non-married Sims visit or sims who are married but have the commitment issues trait.

That combined with some appropriate new buy objects would be cause for the creation of the Sims 3 version of The Camel Toe Nightclub.
#48 Old 13th Jul 2010 at 8:02 AM
I hope it adds romantic interactions back to cars. I also can't wait for the hottubs which it will bring back. This rumor is going to be confirmed soon. Play.com had fast lane track sp listed long before it was confirmed.
Field Researcher
#49 Old 13th Jul 2010 at 8:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Robodl95
And I don't know how you can really get an exciting "After Dark" feel in a town like Riverview...

Can't wait for vamps!

Everybody knows the modern vampire prefers small rural towns: Bon Temps, Louisiana; Mystic Falls, Virginia; Forks, Washington...

When I first heard this rumour, I thought an "After Dark" expansion was an unexpectedly bold move on EA's part. Then my brain caught up. "After Dark" is also the name of Swedens most famous drag show act: formed in the seventies, mainstream popular in the eighties, still going strong.
Scholar
#50 Old 13th Jul 2010 at 10:18 AM
^^ True Blood/Sookie Stackhouse series reference! Vampires and werewolves in Twinbrook would definitely give it a Bon Temps feel.

And I agree with what a lot of people are saying. It would be a huge mistake for EA to make if the expansion pack was meant to involve going out to nightclubs, bars, bowling alleys and similar places only for it to turn out that the buildings are all rabbit holes. As an above poster said, it's a cheap way out.
Page 2 of 35