Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#51 Old 13th Jul 2010 at 10:54 AM
Even Alice in Wonderland made better use of rabbitholes than EA
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 13th Jul 2010 at 12:27 PM
I'm almost positive there will be vampires. First, it's tradition and second, why on earth would they leave out the chance to jump on the vampire-frenzy-train.

But PLEASE don't make them sparkle! Make them hot and wicked and blood sucking.
I would love to see some fun features - e.g. when a normal sim hit it off with a vamp they get bite marks after wohooing.
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 13th Jul 2010 at 2:19 PM
Why would the vampires sparkle? That's what the irresistible power is for. (Is there a mod to remove that, yet?)
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#54 Old 13th Jul 2010 at 2:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AnnaIME
Everybody knows the modern vampire prefers small rural towns: Bon Temps, Louisiana; Mystic Falls, Virginia; Forks, Washington...
The sensible vampire prefers to spend half the year up in the Arctic, and the other half of the year in Antarctica.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Field Researcher
#55 Old 13th Jul 2010 at 2:45 PM
I like a good vampire film/show like the next person, but honestly I dont really play much with the "supernatural" themed sims. So if this is legit I would much rather see a true "After Dark" theme, night clubs, restaurants, dating, non rabbit holed of course, more interactions between people, traits that tie into the theme of the xpac, non hokey objects and clothing that is usable throughout the game.

Never take life too seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway.
"I'd trade all of my tomorrows for just one yesterday." Me and Bobby Mcgee
#56 Old 13th Jul 2010 at 3:33 PM
Somemore things I hope to see.

Online dating service like match.com were your sims can look for love and even place an ad themselves.

Hand holding while walking.

A place that your teens can go to hangout with other teens.

An open theater we could see our sims in watching a movie.

A Drive in theater.

A special place sims could go to park and makeout in their cars.

Lots of holiday items thrown in especially Christmas trees because we don't have them in the game.

Slow dancing,toasting,suprise engangements and romantic interactions at tables.

All the kisses we had from the sims 2 plus some new ones like kiss neck and kiss ears and a sensual makeout that last as long as you don't cancel the interaction or until the sims needs drop.

I want sim townies or cas sims I"m not playing to ask my sims on dates,to parties,to spend the night,to marry them,to kiss them,to wohoo with them etc. In nightclubs sims your not playing should come up and ask you if they could buy you a drink or they should come up and use pickup lines on your sim. You could either reject or accept.

One night stands so your sims can wohoo with that sim they met in the nightclub and not go past friends.

Attraction and chemistry come back.

Turn ons and turn offs return.

Memories return.

Collections return.

Love potions return.

Blind dates return.

The maxmotives cheat returns to make dates easier.

The make this character playable/unplayable cheat returns to aid in great storytelling.
Top Secret Researcher
#57 Old 13th Jul 2010 at 4:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sharkloverplayer

Agree with everything you have written down.

However there is a maxmotives cheat:
Ctrl + Shift + C -> Type in "TestingCheatsEnabled True" -> Shift + Right click on the mailbox -> Make all happy

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Forum Resident
#58 Old 13th Jul 2010 at 4:27 PM
Right before Ambitions released the EA site had a poll asking what people wanted included in the game and one of the options was a vampire hospital. Perhaps "After Dark" is about both supernaturals and nightclubbing.

http://www.simprograms.com/5510-new...community-poll/

My cat taught me how to fetch. I throw the toy, she shows me where it landed, and I fetch it.
Top Secret Researcher
#59 Old 13th Jul 2010 at 4:33 PM
“What type of new rabbit hole would you like to see in your game?”

... What

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 13th Jul 2010 at 4:55 PM
Yeah. That question was...
Who the hell WANTS rabbit holes?
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#61 Old 13th Jul 2010 at 4:56 PM
Online dating service like match.com were your sims can look for love and even place an ad themselves.
And then be horribly killed by an axe-murderer? Because you know those sites only get you horribly killed by some psycho axe murderer.

A place that your teens can go to hangout with other teens.
According to the code, this already exists.

An open theater we could see our sims in watching a movie.
It would rapidly lose its appeal after the same movie plays for the millionth time. Maybe if it played actual movies from your computer...

A special place sims could go to park and makeout in their cars.
This is possible now, if you don't mind that there are absolutely no animations for such a thing and that the only evidence you'll have that they're making out at all is because you said so. But hey, that's how it was in TS2, too.

Slow dancing,toasting,suprise engangements and romantic interactions at tables.
Totally needs more dancing. DANCE, PUPPETS, DANCE!

All the kisses we had from the sims 2 plus some new ones like kiss neck and kiss ears and a sensual makeout that last as long as you don't cancel the interaction or until the sims needs drop.
And more ASS-GRABBING. TS2 had ASS-GRABBING. TS3 is entirely DEVOID of ass-grabbing! BORING! Also, more sexual harassment.

Attraction and chemistry come back.
Technically, these already exist: The game just isn't quite as ham-handed about them, and the effects are both more subtle and less avoidable.

The make this character playable/unplayable cheat returns to aid in great storytelling.
AwesomeMod has both of these things. Accept no Kewian-based substitutes!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Theorist
#62 Old 13th Jul 2010 at 5:35 PM
After Dark should take the opportunity to add vampires, werewolves, and witches and warlocks all in one swoop. And make ghosts ghostier.
Field Researcher
#63 Old 13th Jul 2010 at 5:48 PM
Hell yeah. New traits for After Dark:

Lecher (always tries to build relationships with Romantic interactions rather than Friendly ones; bring back creepy idle Attraction animation from Sims 2; stalks, whistles, gawks, pinches, and otherwise harasses targets)

Night Owl (can't sleep at night, can't stay awake by day without lots of coffee; acts like Grumpy in the morning, acts like Insane if can't sleep by day)

Great Dancer (skill booster for new Dancing skill)

Terrible Dancer (cause Clouseau-level destruction when they dance. Can't build Dancing skill)

Hates Vampires (like Mean Spirited towards vampires; has the "Stake His Ass" interaction with vampires)

Must Have Nectar (fun drops fast between drinks; gets Social from looking at reflection in the bottom of a glass)

...more?
Theorist
#64 Old 13th Jul 2010 at 6:15 PM
On that note:

Full Moon - Sim can't behave themselves on a night of a full moon. Queued arguements, insults, instigating fights, drinking juice, dangerous driving, knocking over trash, preaching moon philosophy to others.

Dream Warrior - Sim can enter the dreams of others to heal them or torment them. They can also talk to other sims and interpret their dreams.

Zombie Overlord - Sim can raise zombies in the cemetery and throw a massive zombie party. Everyone who comes has to pay simoleons to keep it going.

Clan of the Corn - Sim can start a Corn Cult when charisma is high enough. Corn cults preach the word of Malachi and can grow giant corn to worship.

Skin Harvester - Sim can use creativity to make expensive custom couches, coats, masks, etc. Material requires a victim sim.

Clairvoyant - Sim can communicate with the spirit world. This sim often sees invisible spirits in public and talks to them. Sometimes will spaz out in public from spiritual overload.
Inventor
#65 Old 13th Jul 2010 at 6:18 PM
Agree with all the above suggestions about how to make this (imaginary) EP kewwwl.

Most essential of all though: get some new hot guys in - and single ones, not ones who are already married (with commitment issues? - hmmm that's a slight contradiction) or gay.

My sim is going to live the rest of her natural life as a spinster at this rate. A spinster with two love children, but desperate and on the shelf nonetheless.

<< searches Downloads section for hot guys.
Alchemist
#66 Old 13th Jul 2010 at 7:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jodemilo
Agree with all the above suggestions about how to make this (imaginary) EP kewwwl.

Most essential of all though: get some new hot guys in - and single ones, not ones who are already married (with commitment issues? - hmmm that's a slight contradiction) or gay.

My sim is going to live the rest of her natural life as a spinster at this rate. A spinster with two love children, but desperate and on the shelf nonetheless.

<< searches Downloads section for hot guys.

You could always make your own
Inventor
#67 Old 13th Jul 2010 at 7:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kennyinbmore
You could always make your own

True - but seeing as my first CAS-made sim (self-sim) looked like a cross between a psychotic looking Cindy Crawford and a budgerigar I think I might leave it up to other creators to provide me with my male eye candy!
Mad Poster
#68 Old 13th Jul 2010 at 7:20 PM
rkalanu, those are wonderful suggestions for traits. They definitely go with a nightlife theme. I'd especially love to have a natural night owl Sim without forcing him to become one. If this is a NL/HD "remake," then most likely there will be a new dancing skill (if there isn't one already). There also would be a new DJ skill (what is nightlife without a DJ?).

Vampires definitely have to be the creature because aside from the popular media trend, it fits a nightlife theme more than any other theme (unless there was a supernatural EP which I highly doubt there would be).
Scholar
#69 Old 13th Jul 2010 at 8:06 PM Last edited by suzetter : 13th Jul 2010 at 8:34 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Mishy
if nightclubs and bars were made into rabbitholes, then it would be a total turn off for me with this sims3 game.
if EA really want to earn alot of money out of their fans then they'd be stupid for taking the easy road, which is rabbit holes.
imo, they are the worst idea for the sims, ever!

Mishy, I couldn't agree with you more. (Hello, Kitty.)

...An open theater we could see our sims in watching a movie...

I built a movie theater into my first community lot "Sir Riverview Plaza Park".

You can find it here: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=396848

There's also a nectar bar (it also has a regular bar in it)

and game room so it's a good pseudo date place. (TS3 Sims don't date at best they hang together). If you really want to kick it up a notch try Ani's Drunk mod.

Quote: Originally posted by J.M.Pescado
...Totally needs more dancing. DANCE, PUPPETS, DANCE.

Yes, definately more dancing. And not just herky-jerky Sim dancing but some REAL partner dancing like a hot Argentine Tango or a lively Quick Step or a crazy Samba or a twirling Waltz. If they gave us these dances they could include a new tv show--Dancing w/ The Sims. LOL.

Actually, I wish it was possible to easily incorporate our own TS3 clips/shows into the game.

The ideas expressed in the thread so far are interesting. My After Dark wants would be:

Karaoke machine
NPC Bartenders
NPC Restaurant staff (Host, waiter, chef)
DJ Booth w/NPC DJ
Dance Cages
U shaped booth tables
Slot Machines
Gift giving and Date gifts - Chocolates, Flowers, CDs (that a sim can select on stereo once they receive it), Card/love note, jewelry, stuffed animal/video game, books
Arcade hangout for teens
Snack/Soda counter where sims can share a soda or banana split or or alfalfa sprout avocado tomato sandwich on whole grain bread (lol)
Pinball Machines
A skate board ramp (and skate boards)
A sky diving tank (like TS1)
A Scuba Diving Tank (like TS1)
More Instruments and the ability to form a band (with a lead singer)
And a PIANO and DIVING BOARD and HOT TUB!!

Uh, yeah that will do for a start...

This After Dark idea may be just a rumor

and if it is then...

I want Superstar!
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 13th Jul 2010 at 8:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by suzetter

Karaoke machine
NPC Bartenders
NPC Restaurant staff (Host, waiter, chef)
DJ Booth w/NPC DJ

Really must have npc's, I don't want to end up with the local unemployed millionaire working as a bartender in the same way that they staff the registers .
Scholar
#71 Old 13th Jul 2010 at 8:50 PM Last edited by suzetter : 13th Jul 2010 at 9:43 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by babaji_mendez
Really must have npc's, I don't want to end up with the local unemployed millionaire working as a bartender in the same way that they staff the registers .

Agreed, with emphasis on the Non-Playable in NPC and with no needs either (no bathroom or meal or social or rest breaks). Purely a service NPC there to man a post and that's all.
Field Researcher
#72 Old 14th Jul 2010 at 12:55 AM
I hope that if we get vamps (it looks like we will), they will be able to actually bite other Sims to fill their hunger bars. What's the point of making a vampire if all they're going to eat is salad and mac and cheese?
Field Researcher
#73 Old 14th Jul 2010 at 1:57 AM
I agree that vampires are a must for me. It's the one thing I miss the most from ts2. Of course, I had so many fabulous mods that made my vamps more realistic and dangerous. I'm sure that would happen again after awhile. OHHHHH, PLEASE EA, BRING BACK VAMPIRES. My sims need something dangerous in the game.
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 14th Jul 2010 at 9:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by J. M. Pescado
There's no such expansion pack. It isn't even lies and propaganda, just the made-up rumors of third-party websites.

When I went to buy my Ambitions Prima Guide the bloke in Game asked 'Do you want to reserve "The Sims 3 AfterDark"' and I said why? when is it out and he said showing me in his list book "Oct I can pre reserve it for free for you'

So I did. Looks like it is a real EP after all :0)
Top Secret Researcher
#75 Old 14th Jul 2010 at 1:38 PM
What GAME is this? I wish my local GAME could be so careless

Page 3 of 35