Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Farmer Career

by mathgirlky Posted 17th Aug 2010 at 1:47 PM

17 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 10 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Instructor
#2 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 7:36 PM
hi, mathgirlky -- can you tell me if your career is an actual, complete career -- that is, did you include chance cards for the levels? thanks.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 9:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pureheart
hi, mathgirlky -- can you tell me if your career is an actual, complete career -- that is, did you include chance cards for the levels? thanks.

Yuppers. All included. I would never be able to leave a career bare without chance cards, descriptions, ect.

MATHGIRLKY CREATIONS
Instructor
#4 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 11:10 PM
Awesome! I knew your other careers were complete, but I wanted to be sure. Thanks again for sharing with us!!
Mad Poster
#5 Old 18th Aug 2010 at 11:40 AM
I love the idea, but I can't see farmers making all that much. The fun of playing a farmer is in trying to meet the challenges of a) demanding work b) the capriciousness of nature and c) the low income.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Typical
#6 Old 19th Aug 2010 at 8:49 PM
Hm, yes, I would agree with VerDeTerre. The concept it great, and it's very well excecuted, but... the pay is a little too much.
Maybe adding the choice of a lower-pay version would be a good idea.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 19th Aug 2010 at 11:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
I love the idea, but I can't see farmers making all that much. The fun of playing a farmer is in trying to meet the challenges of a) demanding work b) the capriciousness of nature and c) the low income.

I know its a little too much but It's kinda like stepping towards owning your own chain of farming business's all over the place! I am making a realistic career though. real low income though... :D

MATHGIRLKY CREATIONS
Test Subject
#8 Old 20th Sep 2010 at 10:28 PM
Great real farmers don't have a bad income, not at all >.<, but I agree with you lewjen, thepay is a little too high,
for an RP concept, farmers can't get as much money as a president ^^'
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 29th Sep 2010 at 8:07 PM
>>; So...this is a nit picky thing...it's not really that important as far as most people are concerned, but being a ranch girl myself I have to point it out. Cow tender would be a ranch career. >>; The rule of thumb is: Anything dealing with crops is Farming. Anything dealing with animals/livestock is Ranching.

And actually, real farmers only make a profit if they have a LOT of acreage. It doesn't deal with this game at all, but
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 10th Oct 2010 at 3:04 AM
Hey, I just got a quick question, I downloaded this career and put it into a folder and everything. I downloaded 2 cars and they work, but the career doesn't ever show up on the paper or computer when I look for jobs. AND its in the Sims 2 not Sims 3. Is there something I'm doing wrong?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 11th Dec 2010 at 10:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DefenderX12
Hey, I just got a quick question, I downloaded this career and put it into a folder and everything. I downloaded 2 cars and they work, but the career doesn't ever show up on the paper or computer when I look for jobs. AND its in the Sims 2 not Sims 3. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Put in "boolprop TestingCheatsEnabled true" on the cheat box and enter it. Then right click on the newspaper and click *Adult Jobs and see if Farmer career is on the list. If not I would delete the download and try again. and dont forget to enter "boolprop TestingCheatsEnabled false" when your done.

MATHGIRLKY CREATIONS
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 4th Apr 2011 at 8:33 AM
yay something different.Thanks.My sims wont complain about the pay.
Test Subject
#13 Old 12th Jun 2011 at 7:00 PM
Please help me ASAP! I hav the sims 2 and sims 2 pets expansion pack and i downloaded this career but there was no download folder so i made my own and followed the install instructions.I started my game and it finished loading and said there was custom content farmer career. I enabled it and i enabled custom content on the game options to but i put in boolprop testingcheatsenabled true and hold shift and click adult jobs and it isnt there i tryed re downloading it but it still isnt working.Any help?
Sockpuppet
#14 Old 17th Jun 2012 at 10:48 AM Last edited by eljagorocks : 17th Jun 2012 at 10:52 AM. Reason: I need a helping hand!
Help?
is this for teens,adults and elders? and,I know how awfully stupid I am,but I reset all my careers then deleted them with boolprop. Is there anywhere I can download the defaults?
Sockpuppet
#15 Old 11th Jul 2012 at 9:56 AM
:(
Quote: Originally posted by shangri66
Please help me ASAP! I hav the sims 2 and sims 2 pets expansion pack and i downloaded this career but there was no download folder so i made my own and followed the install instructions.I started my game and it finished loading and said there was custom content farmer career. I enabled it and i enabled custom content on the game options to but i put in boolprop testingcheatsenabled true and hold shift and click adult jobs and it isnt there i tryed re downloading it but it still isnt working.Any help?

me too i don't know why
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 11th Aug 2014 at 2:28 AM
I look forward to use this in my game mathgirlky! :) thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 6th Mar 2016 at 1:23 AM
Thanks You
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#18 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 9:22 PM