Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
shiny!
retired moderator
#26 Old 10th Sep 2010 at 9:00 PM
Yes, that would be a good option.

You weren't supposed to be playing the game with that power supply.. yes you could be hurting something.
Advertisement
Inventor
Original Poster
#27 Old 11th Sep 2010 at 3:38 PM
I was just taking pics for an upload .And i should re-phrase what i said...My dad said he would buy a power supply,but a local one .He said he dosen't want to go through the hassle to ordering one on amazon .So i guess i'm stuck with a crappy powersupply
shiny!
retired moderator
#28 Old 11th Sep 2010 at 4:22 PM
If you can't find a strong enough power supply locally (that list you gave only had one barely tolerable one) then you might as well return the 5770 because you *have* to have a power supply strong enough to run it.. that's all there is to it.. It's like trying to put a engine from a Toyota echo into a semi truck.. it just doesn't work..

What are your local options?
Inventor
Original Poster
#29 Old 11th Sep 2010 at 7:12 PM
Well i'll be sure to post them,my dad said he will look around

Btw why did you lock my thread?I was playing with my integrated videocard,not the ati one...I already plugged it out
shiny!
retired moderator
#30 Old 11th Sep 2010 at 7:28 PM
Because you've already created 6 or more computer/game related help threads in the past few weeks and at this point we're just going in circles here.. If the game totally stopped working now after you downgraded back to your IGP, then either we're back to being an underpowered problem or you haven't gotten it installed correctly again. What we already know is your computer needs upgrading. It didn't meet minimum requirements before and it was having trouble rendering the game. When you upgraded all those problems went away but you have stuttering, likely due to the fact your power supply isn't adequate. When you get it so the hardware is strong enough to run the game and everything is installed correctly then we can tackle what's left. At this point we're just running in circles and we can't rule anything out until you address what we know for sure is wrong, so there's no point in continuing to make thread after thread about more and more problems. The best thing you can do is stop trying to play the game until you make the necessary upgrades.
Inventor
Original Poster
#31 Old 11th Sep 2010 at 7:41 PM
Sorry .My dad says after work he'll look around in the mall.Is there any certain specs that he should look for besides 12v power rail?
shiny!
retired moderator
#32 Old 11th Sep 2010 at 8:40 PM
Try to stick the the brands in the sticky. Even if you get one within specs, if you've got a lot of ripple or it can't really pull its rating then you're still going to have problems. I would aim for 500-600w and if you find one with 36A+ (40A+ would be ideal) for a 500W or 48A+ (50A+ ideal) for a 600w it should be of ok quality.
Inventor
Original Poster
#33 Old 11th Sep 2010 at 8:53 PM
As i said,my country dosent really specialize with pc parts .I sawThis power supply which has what you said it should have 680w and the 50a.I really don't care about the brand name because if its not good,i can just get a refund

EDIT: I uninstalled my ati drivers and i tried to install my nvidia ones but it said that i don't have any compatible hardware...Does that mean that the integrated video card can't work?
shiny!
retired moderator
#34 Old 11th Sep 2010 at 9:39 PM
No, that power supply won't work. It only has 26A on the +12v rail. It has 50A on the 5V rail. That's not the same thing.

What's your OS?
Inventor
Original Poster
#35 Old 11th Sep 2010 at 10:08 PM
Damn I have Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit .I also saw This one,its cheaper and it has 35a on the +12v rail,will it work?(Crosses fingerz and hopes so)
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#36 Old 11th Sep 2010 at 11:03 PM
No. That's a 650W PSU and it only has 35A on the 12V rail. Calli said that a 600W - which is lower wattage than the 650W - would need at least 50A on the 12V rail; so a 650W will need more than 50A. I don't really know how she could have said it more clearly.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
shiny!
retired moderator
#37 Old 11th Sep 2010 at 11:05 PM
Very poor quality and likelihood of failure is high.. +12v rail is pathetically weak for a 650W power supply. You would be taking a big gamble on the longevity and stability of your system.. personally wouldn't touch it. There isn't one on that website that is good. The only one semi-decent was the Thermaltake I described back on the first page. Is that website the only company in your area that sells computer parts?
Inventor
Original Poster
#38 Old 12th Sep 2010 at 12:10 AM
@whiterider I thought it would be good because calistra said that i should aim for one with a 500-600w (this one is 680) ans a 36A+(this one had 35)

@callistra No its not it has a lot of good stores in my area,i just have to remember the website .Tommorow i'll go looking around the stores to see if they have a website and then i'll report back here
shiny!
retired moderator
#39 Old 12th Sep 2010 at 12:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by callistra
Try to stick the the brands in the sticky. Even if you get one within specs, if you've got a lot of ripple or it can't really pull its rating then you're still going to have problems. I would aim for 500-600w and if you find one with 36A+ (40A+ would be ideal) for a 500W or 48A+ (50A+ ideal) for a 600w it should be of ok quality.

35A for a 650W is terrible and not what I suggested. As White said, a 650W PSU should have well over 50A to be of decent quality. Please read carefully.

Good luck!
Inventor
Original Poster
#40 Old 12th Sep 2010 at 5:27 AM
Sorry i didn't read it properly,my screen was flickering a lot .I'm gonna look around tommorow,even though i doubt a power supply with such power will be down here,i can still hope
shiny!
retired moderator
#41 Old 12th Sep 2010 at 3:15 PM
Here are the Nvidia drivers you need: http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce...2bit_15.49.html Hopefully that stops the flickering.
Inventor
Original Poster
#42 Old 12th Sep 2010 at 10:01 PM
Yeah it does stop,thank you
Inventor
Original Poster
#43 Old 15th Sep 2010 at 8:28 PM
Well i did some looking around and i did find one,a thermaltake one at a very reasonable price but there's just one drawback,its 600w and the voltrail is 36a which is horrible,there is another one,700w with a 50+ volt rail but its $1,000 D:
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#44 Old 15th Sep 2010 at 9:10 PM
I really really really recommend you ship something. The poor quality one may seem like a reasonable price now; but when you're having to buy a new computer because it died and took out all the hardware, you won't feel like you got much of a bargain. On the other hand, as you say, the $1000 is excessive.

shiny!
retired moderator
#45 Old 15th Sep 2010 at 10:18 PM Last edited by callistra : 15th Sep 2010 at 10:30 PM.
Thermaltake doesn't make a 600W PSU with 36A on the rail, so I'm confused. What is the exact model number?
Inventor
Original Poster
#46 Old 15th Sep 2010 at 10:51 PM
@whiterider I have the money for a good antec one,but my idiotic dad dosen't want me ordering anything now,even though i'm paying for everything .

@callistra,I'm not really sure...They just said that it was thermaltake

I will try to reason with my dad to order it,or i can ask my aunt but she's extra busy these days .
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#47 Old 15th Sep 2010 at 10:57 PM
If a company won't even tell you the model number of what they're trying to convince you to buy, don't buy from them!

Have you told your Dad how much money you could save by shipping - several hundred dollars at least by the sound of it? What are his reasons for not wanting to ship?

Inventor
Original Poster
#48 Old 15th Sep 2010 at 11:18 PM
I agree,it could be an ordaniary product with a thermaltake stiker...

And i just now told my dad and this is what he said ''You're just wasting your money on useless computer parts and haven't bought anything constructive yet''I wanted to say''Like i tell you what to do with your fucking money'' but i never will say that,i just ok and walked away...I really don't know why he thinks i'm wasting money,he bought an ati radeon 5850,8 gbs of ram,a 2 tb and a 320 gb hd,a phenom x4 processor and an expensive motherboard (asus or something) and the funny thing is that he dosen't play videogames,plus i asked to borrow on of his 2gb stick but he just said no .Anyways i should stop,i don't want to turn this thread to a ''stupid dads thread ''
Inventor
Original Poster
#49 Old 16th Sep 2010 at 12:52 AM
I have another question about This video card,will i be able to overclock parts? (just curious)
shiny!
retired moderator
#50 Old 17th Sep 2010 at 1:30 AM
You will have enough power supply. You will likely be very limited by the limited cooling system.

Page 2 of 3