Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

sHoNi's Vampire Overhaul - [Island Paradise Update! Please redownload! New functionalities added!]

by shoni89P Posted 21st Nov 2010 at 2:53 AM - Updated 25th Jun 2013 at 1:30 PM by shoni89P : Update for 1.55 & Island Paradise EP + added new functionalities

578 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 386 Feedback Posts, 191 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 24
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 21st Nov 2010 at 3:16 AM
YES. Just...YES. This was needed sooooo goddamn much. THANK YOU!!! I must bow before you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 21st Nov 2010 at 3:20 AM
I like the idea. But I would just rather have the Immortal part. Not all the other stuff. Please just upload Immortal Vamps.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 21st Nov 2010 at 3:44 AM
I was disappointed with the vampires that came with Late Night, and now I don't have a reason to be! Thank you so much, shoni!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 21st Nov 2010 at 5:14 AM
I like this, but i would like a mod that turns other sims into vampires after using the "Drink" interaction too much. Like maybe 3-5 times in a row. I think it would be cooler than using the "Turn" interaction. I would also like vampires to be fed when using the "Turn" interaction. They still look like their sucking their blood, so why aren't they fed?
But anyhow, i really didn't like that ugly neck tatoo thingy, and i really like everything else. Thanks!
Theorist
THANKS POST
#6 Old 21st Nov 2010 at 5:58 AM
This looks great! And yes, the vampire run definitely needs to be faster.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 21st Nov 2010 at 8:18 AM
Amazing, thank you!
Test Subject
#8 Old 21st Nov 2010 at 9:15 AM
From what I've read it looks good, except one thing, the part where it says "on wrist of same gender sim". I'd much rather it be reversed so that the opposite gender is bitten on the wrist and the same gender on the neck, or maybe on the neck for both genders (I think you can guess why I want this ). I also tried downloading it and it said that the webpage was not available, any idea why? It said that each and every time I tried D:
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 21st Nov 2010 at 9:29 AM
Mine says the server is taking too long to respond. It could just be too many people or something. Try again in a few mins to a few hours. I am.

*Newness coming.....*
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 21st Nov 2010 at 9:39 AM
The fruit is a bad idea, even with 3 they die from thirst.
NPC Vamps use their abilities very rare, as the ai chooses random between all actions.
Test Subject
#11 Old 21st Nov 2010 at 10:13 AM
Thanks for your work, trully great job.

My idea may be impossible to do, if you do the one of kittykat999.

But I will be interest by a mod who decrease the food bar and maybe energy bar too of the bitten sim, and no time's control between bite by the game, so your vampire could drink from anyone, anytimes, and might drain and kill thems if they are too thirsty.

That will add a RP content I miss in my game, having the vampire needing to control themselve or be extremely dangerous, having a real power of live and death over the cattle !
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 21st Nov 2010 at 10:21 AM
I love you! Can't wait to test it :D

Edit: Damn can't download Q_Q
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#13 Old 21st Nov 2010 at 11:52 AM
Cool, I especially like the fact, that my vamps don't have to befriend with anyone to bite - that was annoying.

Is there the possibilty, that you upload a version without the missing neckmark and the missing Vs? I'll use your mod nevertheless, but it would be even greater ...

And I would LOVE it, if you would be able to to the thing with the dropping energy after biting - I'm waiting :-D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 21st Nov 2010 at 2:11 PM
Thx for move improvements for vampires. I was looking at your's changes inside files and think: why the hell I don't get on that hehe. Good to see someone have new ideas :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 21st Nov 2010 at 2:17 PM
Will this interfere with Twallen's Master Controller mod? Your mod sounds great and I would LOVE to use it, but I don't want to have two conflicting mods in my game.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 21st Nov 2010 at 2:37 PM

But I will be interest by a mod who decrease the food bar and maybe energy bar too of the bitten sim, and no time's control between bite by the game, so your vampire could drink from anyone, anytime, and might drain and kills them if they are too thirsty.

This is a huge step. Great work!!!

I want vampires to have ultimate power and control over whoever they choose to bite. A vampire attacks, he does not ask permission. If he kills the person, this is no different than one of my boys who tried to fix a neighbors TV and was electrocuted and died. Let them be true hunters of the night.

And lastly, vampires bite on the neck, no matter the sex of their victim. No wrist bites either that's just too Dark Shadows aka Barnabas Collins.

In any event, this is a wonderful mod -- thanks.
Test Subject
#17 Old 21st Nov 2010 at 3:10 PM Last edited by abcde7945 : 21st Nov 2010 at 3:12 PM. Reason: Grammar?
Thank you so much Shoni89P, this is a truly terrifying overhaul... Vampires are becoming more animalistic than ever!

I am sincerely grateful for this one. However, I already have a few "vampire mods" that conflict - and I do feel selfish for requesting this, but - could you possibly separate these mods into individual packages?

Having zero knowledge within this field, I don't really know how to delve into the mod you uploaded to do this myself, so I ask of you, IF you actually have the time on your hands, that you might do this? I'd be eternally grateful. Pun intended.

Thank you so much in advance, no matter your answer!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#18 Old 21st Nov 2010 at 3:20 PM
i love this! except actualy the immortal part. they really needed to make vampires a little more realistic, and this does it! ill be keepin an eye out for your updated version too
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 21st Nov 2010 at 3:25 PM
Apolloboy109, if you want only neck bite, use my mod
Test Subject
#20 Old 21st Nov 2010 at 3:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by abcde7945
Thank you so much Shoni89P, this is a truly terrifying overhaul... Vampires are becoming more animalistic than ever!

I am sincerely grateful for this one. However, I already have a few "vampire mods" that conflict - and I do feel selfish for requesting this, but - could you possibly separate these mods into individual packages?

Having zero knowledge within this field, I don't really know how to delve into the mod you uploaded to do this myself, so I ask of you, IF you actually have the time on your hands, that you might do this? I'd be eternally grateful. Pun intended.

Thank you so much in advance, no matter your answer!

I actually like this idea too. Not because I have too many conflicting mods, but because I like most, but not all, of the changes. I'd rather all the motives not be blocked on the coffin, and I don't want my vampires to be immortal.

Like abcde7945 said, I don't really know how these things work, but if you could, I would also be very grateful.
Test Subject
#21 Old 21st Nov 2010 at 4:13 PM
Thanks, as a few others have mentioned I'd like the person being bitten to lose some stats as well, maybe some energy or something. If that's possible.

I also like the idea you posed about Vamps just bursting into flames. The day time should put the fear of the great garden gnome in the sky into a vamp, not just be a negative moodlet. Not an instant death, but if you don't act now, you're dead type of thing. IMHO

Thankyou
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 21st Nov 2010 at 4:31 PM
Wow, great mod! This has a lot of modifications I was looking for! What do you think about instant transformations like in The Sims 2 Night Life?
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 21st Nov 2010 at 5:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by th3mystic
I actually like this idea too. Not because I have too many conflicting mods, but because I like most, but not all, of the changes. I'd rather all the motives not be blocked on the coffin, and I don't want my vampires to be immortal.

Like abcde7945 said, I don't really know how these things work, but if you could, I would also be very grateful.

I agree, definitely. If there was some way to separate the packages that would be great. I like most of the mods but I don't want my vampire to be affected by daylight at all... You know according to vamp folklore, after a few thousand years or so, they are not negatively affected by daylight...Or maybe someone could do a mod where after a hundred days as a vamp, they are no longer affected by sunlight.

Anyway thanks for the mod! This is awesome. :D
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#24 Old 21st Nov 2010 at 5:50 PM
This sounds amazing! Thanks you! I'll download it as soon as I get Late Night!
Test Subject
#25 Old 21st Nov 2010 at 5:58 PM
I downloaded the mod (because its what I've been looking for!!!) But... It won't show up in my game. I put it in the right file but I don't know why it won't show up. Any ideas?
Edit: Some parts of the mod show up, like the immortality. But they still have the neck tattoo and the V's when they sleep. Is it possiblly that it doesn't work with vampires I've turned before I downloaded the mod?
Page 1 of 24