Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Hot Beverages Add Energy & Subtract from Bladder

by FredSmith909 Posted 10th Feb 2011 at 12:18 AM

73 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 31 Feedback Posts, 41 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 10th Feb 2011 at 1:13 AM
Great idea really like this.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 10th Feb 2011 at 2:17 AM
Thank GAWD. The change to espresso in TS3 really, really irritated me. THANK YOU.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 10th Feb 2011 at 3:50 AM
Thanks! I missed this from sims 2. Great work
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 10th Feb 2011 at 8:20 AM
Oh thank you, thank you, thank you!!! Now my sims will use the coffeemachines. :-D
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#6 Old 10th Feb 2011 at 10:23 AM
Thank you for this, I found it so surprising and annoying that sims don't gain energy from drinking coffee in TS3 as they did in TS2!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 10th Feb 2011 at 10:46 AM
Woohooo! Finally! My sims have a reason to drink coffee! :D
You rock!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 10th Feb 2011 at 2:07 PM
Perfect for my all-night hacker sims and ghost busters. Thanks!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#9 Old 10th Feb 2011 at 2:34 PM
Finally a rational reason for my sims to drink the java...
Mad Poster
#10 Old 10th Feb 2011 at 3:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Aalea
Perfect for my all-night hacker sims and ghost busters. Thanks!

Haha, same here. My all night author trying to meet a deadline.

Yeah, this is great. Guess I will start using the coffee machines in the game. Thanks!

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 10th Feb 2011 at 3:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kathwynn
Finally a rational reason for my sims to drink the java...

I couldn't agree more. When I first used the coffee maker I was excited to help my Sim get through a night of working on the inventors bench. But I was irritated to find out that no energy was gained. So this was one of the first things on my list to make when I figured out how to put together packages with S3PE. Glad to see so many enjoying this! :D

Fred

If I could fly high above the world, would I see a bunch of living dots spell the world stupidity? - Greg Graffin
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 10th Feb 2011 at 4:18 PM
Yay!! Thank you! No more sims passing out after work because I forgot to give them a nap before they went in. *gripe at EA* You'd think they'd've done this in the first place!
Test Subject
#13 Old 10th Feb 2011 at 8:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SIMplistigal
Yay!! Thank you! No more sims passing out after work because I forgot to give them a nap before they went in. *gripe at EA* You'd think they'd've done this in the first place!

I know! My Sim is always too tired to get anything done or go out after work and I wondered why they didn't bring this feature from Sims 2.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 11th Feb 2011 at 1:21 AM
Thank you so much for this! Only problem is I have to downgrade the version I picked - my sims are so addicted to the drinks now they keep peeing themselves.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#15 Old 11th Feb 2011 at 7:04 AM
This is so logical! Nice work.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 11th Feb 2011 at 10:04 AM
Wow, thank you so much. All my sims ever did was sit there and drink coffee, cup after cup then pee themselves. This is great. EA should of done this. Is it me, but has EA gone lazy.

Thank you so much for this.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 15th Feb 2011 at 10:59 AM
Does it work with outdoor living stuff pack? Awesome btw
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 15th Feb 2011 at 9:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pyranna
Does it work with outdoor living stuff pack? Awesome btw

Don't have that stuff pack, but there is no reason I can imagine it would not as I took the XML in this from the base game.

Fred

If I could fly high above the world, would I see a bunch of living dots spell the world stupidity? - Greg Graffin
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 15th Feb 2011 at 9:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Wojtek
Does the 'caffeine' moodlet still appear?

Yes it most certainly does!

Fred

Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#20 Old 21st Feb 2011 at 6:37 PM
I can't believe it has taken someone until now to make this! Thank you sooooo much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 7th Mar 2011 at 1:44 AM
I love this mod thank you! I hated that you don't gain energy from "coffee"
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#22 Old 15th Mar 2011 at 5:47 PM Last edited by MiniMimi : 16th Mar 2011 at 4:45 PM.
Gee, I can't thank you enough for repairing the damn coffee machines, they're finally useful! Thank youuuu
I hope it's compatible with the 'Have Coffee With Me' mod which is an awesome addition for coffee times too! (http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=414895)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#23 Old 31st Mar 2011 at 7:33 PM
My guess is that this mod doesn't edit the coffee machine itself, but rather when the Sim is drinking it. After all, it's the drink that gives the Buzzed moodlet, not the machine itself.

I shall be using this mod/testing it with the Coffee-Flavored Coffee mod. Thank you for fixing what should have already been included (I mean Sims 2 had it for crying out loud).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 8:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DarkCoffeeJazz
My guess is that this mod doesn't edit the coffee machine itself, but rather when the Sim is drinking it. After all, it's the drink that gives the Buzzed moodlet, not the machine itself.

I shall be using this mod/testing it with the Coffee-Flavored Coffee mod. Thank you for fixing what should have already been included (I mean Sims 2 had it for crying out loud).

You are correct, it doesn't edit the coffee machine itself. I simply added the effect to the end of the effect a sim gets after drinking a single cup. As someone else pointed out the effect isn't applied to a tray of 4 drinks for whatever reason I have yet to find out.

Good luck testing it with the Coffee-Flavored Coffee mod, it would be cool to get different results depending on what you drink! :D

Fred

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 6th May 2011 at 10:38 PM
WOW! brilliant mod! now I actually use coffee machines!
Page 1 of 3