Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Feb 2011 at 7:10 PM Last edited by insaneberrimembrane13 : 25th Feb 2011 at 5:24 PM.
The Duggar Challenge
EDIT: 2/25/2011
Deleted the restrictions on the Adventurous trait.

The name of this challenge is The Duggar Challenge. It's based on the TLC show '19 Kids and Counting'. It's a generational challenge, because you can only have 8 sims in a household at a time without using mods.

The Story:
Husband and wife duo YOUR SIMS' NAMES HERE always wanted a big family. They wanted a lot of kids, and they wanted to instill good morals in their children. They wanted to make sure their children knew how important family is. So they set a goal for themselves.

The Goal:
The goal of this challenge is to by the death of the generation 4 heir(ess), have at least 19 children born to the challenge household. That's right, you only get 5 generations to complete your goal. So start saving up your sims' lifetime reward points, because you're going to need a lot of fertility treatment!

Creating your Founders:
No, their last name does not have to be Duggar. But make them both family oriented. All the other traits are up to you, but you cannot use the following traits:
Computer Whiz
Insane
Couch Potato
Slob
Dislikes Children
Commitment Issues
Flirty
Inappropriate
Mean Spirited
Mooch
No Sense of Humor
Party Animal
Snob
Daredevil
Evil
Hates the Outdoors
Kleptomaniac
Vehicle Enthusiast
Workaholic

You may pick one child from each generation to have one of these traits. No other children from that generation may possess this trait. The founders must look well-groomed. The wife cannot wear any makeup and must wear a skirt. See more on the dress code in the Rules section.

Rules:
Adopted children do not count towards the total amount of children, they have to be born into the household.
They must maintain longstanding good morals. No woohoo before marriage. No making out before marriage. No vampires.
But there's no penalty for a family member outside the household who's morals... umm... diminish.
Now the most strict part of the rules:
THE DRESS CODE.
No high heels, except on their wedding day.
The women must wear skirts at ALL TIMES.
Only one type of makeup may be used at one time. If your sim wears lipstick, they may not wear eyeshadow. If they wear blush, then no mascara, you get the point. And absolutely NO COSTUME MAKEUP of any kind.
No tattered or distressed clothes.
No logos, words or pictures of any sort or form.
Men must have combed, nice hair. Women must have natural looking hair. EA hairstyles will do nicely.
Swimwear is tough, but the base game's tank top and shorts will do for ladies. For men, swim trunks are fine. If you have a t-shirt for swimwear, use it.
And finally, if your sim marries someone who's outfit does not correspond with the dress code, you must change their outfit immediately after the wedding. If you do not change the outfit by the next day at noon, you fail the challenge.

FOR EXAMPLE:
Bobby Billington marries Jill Notacow on a Sunday. Jill's everyday outfit is a miniskirt and a tank top. After the wedding festivities, Jill must go and change her clothes and appearance. If she does not do so by noon on Monday, you fail the challenge. NO EXCEPTIONS!

That's pretty much it. Go wild, have fun, live long, and most importantly, multiply!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 22nd Feb 2011 at 1:33 AM
SOMEONE liked it. They agreed, thought it was helpful and funny, and loved it.

I'm actually from Arkansas and the whole thing, from having a ridiculous number of children to the very conservative values, just turns my stomach. I realize that Sims challenges are just for fun, but I don't think they're people to emulate and I don't think they need any more attention.
Test Subject
#3 Old 24th Feb 2011 at 5:27 AM
Why can't the adventurous trait be used? I am pretty sure the Duggar's go on a lot of trips together.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th Feb 2011 at 5:17 PM
Hmm. I thought that with having a big family, you'll almost always have a child below the travelling age. But you're right. I'll add that. Sorry!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Feb 2011 at 5:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by thepantherprincess

I'm actually from Arkansas and the whole thing, from having a ridiculous number of children to the very conservative values, just turns my stomach. I realize that Sims challenges are just for fun, but I don't think they're people to emulate and I don't think they need any more attention.

Well, I always have big families in my game, and I've had this challenge in my head for a while now. I named it such because that's what I thought of while writing it out. I'm sorry if I offended you.
Test Subject
#6 Old 25th Feb 2011 at 11:30 PM
Yea they have a camper they go in. And the television show provides most of the cost because of the show. They don't take airplanes though.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 28th Feb 2011 at 9:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aykyle
Yea they have a camper they go in. And the television show provides most of the cost because of the show. They don't take airplanes though.

You're right. Epic fail of me to forget that
If you notice anything else that may need to be changed, could you tell me? Thanks
Test Subject
#8 Old 16th Mar 2011 at 6:30 PM
I like this challenge. I'm going to try it.
Test Subject
#9 Old 19th Mar 2011 at 4:07 AM
I usually have large families, but I don't think I have limited the types of traits they could have or how they could dress. I may try this out one day.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 5:41 PM
This seems like a reasonable challenge.I think I'll try this.

"What's the worst that I can say?
Things are better if I stay.
So long and goodnight,so long and goodnight."-Helena,My Chemical Romance
(( ))
// \\
Test Subject
#11 Old 24th Aug 2011 at 9:43 PM
I LOVE THE DUGGARS!! What a fun challenge. I'm going to set my lifepsna to short so I don't get bored and get breedin'!!
Test Subject
#12 Old 25th Aug 2011 at 12:39 AM
This seems interesting might try
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 31st Aug 2011 at 6:49 AM
The Duggar family named each child after a single letter. Their's was "J". So their kids all had names starting with "J". I thought maybe it would have been cool to add that into the challenge... Like you can't name the kids whatever you want. They have to start with a certain letter. Idk, just something I thought I'd throw in. c:
Test Subject
#14 Old 6th Jan 2012 at 8:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by insaneberrimembrane13
You're right. Epic fail of me to forget that
If you notice anything else that may need to be changed, could you tell me? Thanks

Here's some I gathered from watching three or four episodes of the Duggar show as I call it:

Kids: all are home schooled [don't know how to emulate this]
Kids: all know how to play the piano, all girls know how to play the violin and harp (if I remember correctly) [to emulate this, have all the kids learn piano from the grand piano ONLY (that's the kind they have in their house)]
Kids: all share the same first initial as their father [to emulate this, have all the children share the same first initial and the mother have a different initial]

Other Notes:
They built their own house. [to emulate this, have all male family members master the handiness skill and build the house from scratch]
They went in a plane once and a majority of them threw up. [just a fact]
A majority of them like spray paint even though they don't use it. [to emulate this fact, they must have at least one point in the painting skill]
Jim-Bob and Michelle went on vacation at least once without their children, and with their children, went to the Pacific Ocean and said near the end of the episode that they were planning on going to see the Atlantic Ocean. [to emulate this fact, have the first generation parents attain maximum visa level with one of the three travel destinations (if applicable) and have all other family members obtain at least visa level one with that SAME destination and penalize for having more visa levels than two for that travel destination]

If I remember anything else, I'll let you know. Oh, and if you have more than two miscarriages (aka bad pregnancies), you lose the game and every time the Sims woohoo, they MUST to 'try for baby'. [in 'spirit' of the fact that Michelle has lost two children]
Field Researcher
#15 Old 15th Jan 2012 at 8:25 PM
You know u can make one generation have that many kids..... just as they age move em out this is dangerously close to the 100 baby challenge
Test Subject
#16 Old 25th Feb 2015 at 9:18 PM
What if my sim changes into maternity wear and she doesn't have a skirt on is that alright?
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 14th Mar 2015 at 3:45 PM
what's with the dress code? you mean I can't have a tomboy? fine, she'll be rebellious and wear pants =3
Scholar
#18 Old 14th Mar 2015 at 5:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by WingedCat
what's with the dress code? you mean I can't have a tomboy? fine, she'll be rebellious and wear pants =3

The Duggar family is all about Christian fanaticism. Christians are notoriously suppressive of women, up to and including telling them they can't dress provocatively or like men (because men are better, you see; no cosplaying, get in the kitchen, slave).

So that's why the dress code rules make sense.
Test Subject
#19 Old 30th Dec 2016 at 7:04 AM
But, the Duggars are inscestuous, how can you not perpetrate them as evil, and, how can we instill the incest? (I DO NOT support incest, but if you are going to glorify this disgusting family, at least make it include facts.)
Test Subject
#20 Old 30th Dec 2016 at 10:26 PM
I am starting this challenge! Love it. I'm going to have my sim kids not go to school and use no technology
Test Subject
#21 Old 18th May 2018 at 5:34 PM
I like this challenge. I will say that the family did homeschool, and they did take trips, so the adventurous trait still should be allowed. The homeschooling mod on NRaas will do just fine for the challenge. I use it all the time in my game. the children can use the tablets to do the homework plus they do it faster and more efficiently. Their grades go up faster I believe. They had a compound like home which was very big. I'm currently working on a home that would be adequate for 19 children and the mom and dad, not to mention a homeschool. I'll also include a garden so they cann be self sufficient as far as fruits and vegetables. I'm even doing it in Lucky Palms since it's more desert like.