Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 31st Mar 2011 at 3:55 AM
Oh that's mean ... they never had a chance to run, and then, suddenly, leeches!

But I like the idea.

I use the adding of sims mostly to keep my families together, for a bit of the original TS feeling. And for controlling the servants. I feel like my merchant who owns 15.000 should not have to make his bed or cook for himself, and the kids are only good to run errands to the village shoppe.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 12:42 AM
I have testingcheatseanbed=1 and all of my other cheats work but when I shift..click on the person it does nothing except take away any romantic actions I have with that sim (if its an adult) or makes it so that I can no longer have hardly any interactions with the childeren. My game doesn't crash or glitch and the option to "Add to Active Family" is still there but each time it does nothing.
PLEASE HELP!
Test Subject
#28 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 1:33 AM
Ok, this was awesome. I needed some blessed water for my blacksmith, so I shift-right-clicked one of the acolytes at the church and was able to get them to bless the well, draw the water, and give it to my blacksmith before I shift-right-clicked them again and they went on their merry way. Without this I would have had to finish my current quest, do another one which included a priest, then do yet another involving the smith, which is just far too much pain for a few crafting resources.
Test Subject
#29 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 4:16 AM
I tested adding sims while I was playing the spy. I added the princess to see if I could change her clothes since she was wearing rags and her mother. It worked. I unselected them afterwards and went about my way. The next time I played the monarch, I made his family selectable. But here's the problem: the princess and her mother always return to the spy's house at night to sleep. I can sometimes drag the mom away, but children must be coded to return home at around 10:30. It's really annoying because the princess had her own bed and shouldn't be keeping the spy and her lover from theirs.
Inventor
Original Poster
#30 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 5:21 PM
Well, for me, the sims still live in their own homes, even if I add them to the active family for a certain quest. Maybe you need to play the monarch again and add the wife and kid back and see if that makes them recognize their own home again.

You can find my Sims 3 Mods at TFM's Sims Asylum .
Test Subject
#31 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 7:13 PM
Btw, just for other people out there who maybe as confused as I was.

No, you cannot add Sim just with a change to TestcheatsEnabled=1 in commands.ini file,
you NEED to have Rick's Debugenabler too.

At least that was the case for me.
Test Subject
#32 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 8:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bluegenjutsu
Well, for me, the sims still live in their own homes, even if I add them to the active family for a certain quest. Maybe you need to play the monarch again and add the wife and kid back and see if that makes them recognize their own home again.

I did add them as a Monarch. The princess gets a go home command at around 10:30 and heads on over to the Spy's tower. Her mother follows after. It's just frustrating
Inventor
#33 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 9:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Myrakle
I did add them as a Monarch. The princess gets a go home command at around 10:30 and heads on over to the Spy's tower. Her mother follows after. It's just frustrating

Maybe the reason is that the game "reserves" beds for Sims that sleep in them and the spy's bed is "reserved" for the princess and her mother. You could try to direct all the Sims to sleep in their "real" beds for a while during the day and so to "reserve" them - or, if that doesn't work, even delete and replace all the beds and then reserve them.
Test Subject
#34 Old 4th Apr 2011 at 5:50 AM
Question - has anyone added a kid and kept them active? I'd like to, but I can't seem to see any way he can eat without his dear mommy making food all the time...and well, I was hoping there was an easier way. ;-)
Field Researcher
#35 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 1:39 AM
Sorry I know this is off topic - but how do you get to play the Rat King
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 11:02 AM
I managed to add two children and change their clothes.. but now I cant remove them! I tried every possible combination with Shift and right-click, several times. On both their thumbnails as clicking on their bodies. Yet nothing happens is there another way to get rid of them without killing them?

Adding them was a pain to, I had to do *the trick* several times before it worked, but removing doesnt seem to work at all.
Instructor
#37 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 11:18 AM
It's kind of random, I think you need to click when not on pause, and you have to click or a special part of the little (I don't know how to call this) "mannequin" thingy you see when you hover over a Sim... you see what I mean? Something like click on the left arm or something... I usually have to click four or five times to be able to select or deselect a Sim, wether child or adult.

You can also grow them up with "edit in CAS" and remove them from the active household if you shift/click on them... or have them jump into the pit, that will get you rid of them, no?

"Deep down I'm pretty superficial"

Lab Assistant
#38 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 12:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alexpilgrim
It's kind of random, I think you need to click when not on pause, and you have to click or a special part of the little (I don't know how to call this) "mannequin" thingy you see when you hover over a Sim... you see what I mean? Something like click on the left arm or something... I usually have to click four or five times to be able to select or deselect a Sim, wether child or adult.

You can also grow them up with "edit in CAS" and remove them from the active household if you shift/click on them... or have them jump into the pit, that will get you rid of them, no?

Im going to test this out.. thank you so much
Instructor
#39 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 12:50 PM
Hmm, forget about what I said of clicking on a part of the little "mannequin" thingy, I thought I read it somewhere but the cursor is not that precise...

I've been trying in game, it's just hard to achieve and a bit random to make a Sim selectable, but ultimately it always works. Maybe when you shift/right-click wait a few seconds, if you click twice impatiently (like me) you're maybe selecting it and de-selecting it again without realizing. If I find out something more about it I'll let you know.

"Deep down I'm pretty superficial"

Inventor
Original Poster
#40 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 2:21 PM
Sometimes doing the shift and right click is finicky, sometimes not. On some it would take a few clicks, but I did it with the game paused because I would think it would be hard to do on a moving sim. :D

@tomboy, I added the rat king after I did the quest where you seduce one of the pirates. All the other pirate usurpers were taken by Grimmy, but since I chose to let my sim marry the rat king, it saved his life. So, I wanted to add the rat king to my active family and found out the way to do it. The rat king was just an extra resident in town after being done with his part in that quest.

You can find my Sims 3 Mods at TFM's Sims Asylum .
Test Subject
#41 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 4:49 PM
For the brave new world quest. Would it be possible to add your hero sims to the active hero sims household and take them along to the new kingdom?

Edit: Also, can anyone test this out? Would be a big help.
Test Subject
#42 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 7:09 PM
Hey. I'm having trouble adding my spouse and child to my active family. I changed testingcheatsenable from 0 to 1 and I have Rick's Debugenabler on my game. When I shift left click I don't get the option to add sim to active family and when I shift right click the sim I click on appears to be in my active family but when I click on that sim the game crashes. I have the the 1.2.3. patch on sims medieval. Thanks for any and all help.
Test Subject
#43 Old 16th Apr 2011 at 4:00 AM
Perfect
This is EXACTLY what I was looking for! Thanks for the info, after I changed the TestingCheatsEnabled=1 the shift and right click worked perfectly!
Test Subject
#44 Old 10th Jul 2011 at 7:13 PM
sorry for necroing this thread but i have some valid questions i wanted to ask.

first off, i didn't use Rick's Debugenabler, but i used the testingcheatsenabled technique and started shift+left click and added sims to household.
however, i am unable to remove them from the active household afterwards. is there any other way to do this without using a mod? (other than killing them?)

also, is there a maximum number of members per household? i remembered in TS3 that if you try adding more members to a maxed out
household, it ends up replacing one of the current members instead.

also, with regards to quest related sims like the rat king, princess/prince from effenmont, etc. are there no quest related bugs in forcing them to join
your active household?
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 11th Jul 2011 at 4:25 PM
As far as removing someone from a household, there is no easy way to do that. You can add another Sim to the household and you might get the pop-up that tells you who you added and who is leaving the family, if you are maxed on family members. Or you can add that Sim to a totally different household.

Yes it is the clothes that makes the Sim
Test Subject
#46 Old 14th Jul 2011 at 1:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Enjoji
Wow! That's awesome! Definitely works better with married couples to add them that way, rather than have them live separately or something. Question - does the game save them that way, or would we have to re-add them when you go back into the game?

In my game, married couples don't live separately, instead the NPC moves into your house, you just need a double bed for them to sleep in.
Test Subject
#47 Old 16th Jul 2011 at 10:50 PM
My bard married the Rat King but when I shift-click the Rat King, the option to add him into household doesnt appear!
The option appears if I click any other random person though...
I have testingcheats enabled but no rick's debugenabler.
help?

EDIT: I tried to add him to my active family before the bard marries him, the option appears, but The Rat King doesnt appear on my family list.
my game is patched to the latest patch
Test Subject
#48 Old 18th Aug 2011 at 9:52 PM
It doesn't work neither for me. I've changed the ini file successfully and writen moveobjects on but when I select the child with shift+right click I can't see anything however I can see relationships options with shift+left click. I tried other button too, but nothing...
Is there anybody for help me please? Thanks.
Test Subject
#49 Old 19th Aug 2011 at 7:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Reinette
It doesn't work neither for me. I've changed the ini file successfully and writen moveobjects on but when I select the child with shift+right click I can't see anything however I can see relationships options with shift+left click. I tried other button too, but nothing...
Is there anybody for help me please? Thanks.

nobody?
Instructor
#50 Old 19th Aug 2011 at 9:54 PM
well, the moveobjects cheat has nothing to do with adding sims to the active family, and I don't know what to tell you. It works for me.
Page 2 of 3