Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Walnut "Pocket" door

by leefish Posted 23rd Aug 2011 at 9:31 PM - Updated 16th Nov 2018 at 7:37 AM by leefish : add proper links

41 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 11 Feedback Posts, 29 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Not actually evil.
THANKS POST
#2 Old 23rd Aug 2011 at 9:54 PM
I must have it!
*squishes the wonderful pocket door*
*runs off to look for double sliding doors*
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator THANKS POST
#3 Old 23rd Aug 2011 at 10:13 PM
Any one-tile sliding door is made of win and awesomeness. *nods* I don't understand what Phae (or Jeremy) meant with "normal", though. As if a Star Trek door isn't perfectly normal!
*shrugs*
#4 Old 23rd Aug 2011 at 10:22 PM
So very useful! Your pictures make me want to make dorms, apartments, or SOMETHING which will give me reason to shamelessly use this everywhere! Sliding door to the closet, sliding door to the bathroom, sliding door to the kitchen/dining area or breakfast nook, sliding door to the office, sliding door to the balcony, sliding door to the leisure room....hmmm...my brain is working out how this might work as a sliding glass shower door. There must be sliding doors everywhere!

Does this one make the swoooshhh....fwooossshhhh sound effect on open/close like the Star Trek one?
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Aug 2011 at 10:24 PM
HI MSD - yes it does - its a clone of the Star Trek with a new mesh - thats how I made it so fast
Inventor
THANKS POST
#6 Old 23rd Aug 2011 at 10:27 PM
Very cool and nice
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#7 Old 23rd Aug 2011 at 10:42 PM
Looks exactly like the sliding door leading into my kitchen
Demon Sheep
#8 Old 23rd Aug 2011 at 11:03 PM
Whoo! It looks fantastic, Lee. Thank you for sharing.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#9 Old 24th Aug 2011 at 2:24 AM
NICE! Will use this door a lot, thank you. =)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 24th Aug 2011 at 4:19 AM
POCKET DOOR POCKET DOOR POCKET DOOR! Just saying "thank you" seems so inadequate, but these doors are wonderful!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 24th Aug 2011 at 4:38 AM
Yay! This is awesome! Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 24th Aug 2011 at 7:59 AM
I Love the door, I'm just scared that my sims will get thier fingers jammed inside the door! (much like the controller does on a regular basis... ) Thanks sooooo Much!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#13 Old 24th Aug 2011 at 4:03 PM
I agree with with CrabofDoom. I'm so excited about this, that I'm actually a bit embarrassed.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
Original Poster
#14 Old 24th Aug 2011 at 4:08 PM
Totally no need to feel embarrassed I was so excited when it worked that I was leaping about the house yelling yay yay yay ...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 24th Aug 2011 at 4:29 PM
Thank you for making this. Any chance you'll make a double door that doesn't have the frame in the middle? I'm in need of that for a house I want to build. thank you again it's great!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#16 Old 24th Aug 2011 at 7:55 PM
Thank you! Didn't know I needed this, but now I can't imagine my game without it.
Theorist
THANKS POST
#17 Old 25th Aug 2011 at 1:55 AM
I love sliding doors in RL, now my Sims can love them too. Thanks Lee
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 25th Aug 2011 at 3:38 AM
Wondeful and great presentation! Thanks again!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#19 Old 25th Aug 2011 at 1:57 PM
/me excitedly leaps around the house yelling yay yay yay ...

Wonderful job, Lee! I can see myself using this a lot. Now we only need this technique applied to every type of Maxis door, so we can mix-n-match with whatever door recolors we have
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
Original Poster
#20 Old 25th Aug 2011 at 2:14 PM
Thanks BO - I will do more, I already have a version of the value door in testing, but either I can share them one by one on leefish or we can all wait for one big set on MTS. I don't really want to spam the build section on MTS with tiny variants on this trick. Can spam our site as much as I want of course

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#21 Old 25th Aug 2011 at 4:26 PM
I'm really excited to start building apts., houses, etc. and trying out these doors in them! Thank you!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#22 Old 25th Aug 2011 at 9:29 PM
Terrific idea- much needed and long overdue. Thanks for this.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#23 Old 26th Aug 2011 at 8:49 AM
Whee! It looks great. Thanks!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#24 Old 28th Aug 2011 at 5:30 AM
What a great idea! I'm looking forward to the rest of your pocket doors.
Test Subject
#25 Old 3rd Sep 2011 at 9:33 AM
Thanks for this, it's a great addition.

I have noticed that when the door is placed next to an outside corner, the vertical door-frame nearest the corner is transparent. Not a biggie, just thought I'd mention it...
Page 1 of 2