Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

CC Magic -- Custom Content Management and Game Launcher [Updated 07/15/2012 ] WORKS WITH Supernatural!!!

by granthes Posted 26th Nov 2011 at 7:37 PM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 2:51 PM by Nysha

879 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 637 Feedback Posts, 241 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 36
Eminence Grise
THANKS POST
#2 Old 26th Nov 2011 at 8:03 PM
*applauds*
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 26th Nov 2011 at 8:04 PM
wow. if this works, it will revolutionize my game and how i manage it, thank you, ill try it right away
Instructor
THANKS POST
#4 Old 26th Nov 2011 at 8:37 PM
Great Job ^_^
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 26th Nov 2011 at 8:47 PM
thank you thank you thank you, I really miss the file cop and hopefully this will be a great replacement.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 26th Nov 2011 at 8:53 PM
This is awesome!! Thank you so much =)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 26th Nov 2011 at 8:55 PM
I did a clean install of all my Sims games 2-3 weeks ago but haven't played yet because I was looking for the best way to add and organize all my CC (and avoid lag). This seems to be the answer!! Thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 26th Nov 2011 at 9:06 PM
This is fabulous. I was dreamig for something like this. Can't wait to try it out!
Test Subject
#9 Old 26th Nov 2011 at 9:28 PM
How do you get it to load the dbc files?
Test Subject
#10 Old 26th Nov 2011 at 9:29 PM
I have the old version of the custom launcher (which i love!) do i have to uninstall that for this to work?
Instructor
Original Poster
#11 Old 26th Nov 2011 at 9:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sarah79936
How do you get it to load the dbc files?

Do you have DBC files in the mods\packages folder? And using a custom Resource.cfg file?

Or are you asking about the dbc file that is created when EA Launcher installs sims3packs?

codename: granthes -- Developer of Sims3/4 utilities
Now working on modding tools for the Sims 4 CAS Demo
Instructor
Original Poster
#12 Old 26th Nov 2011 at 9:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chrissytina81686
I have the old version of the custom launcher (which i love!) do i have to uninstall that for this to work?

CC Magic knows how to import the settings from Custom Launcher so you don't need to reconfigure everything.

Once you move to CC Magic, you will want to stop using (and uninstall) Custom Launcher since CC Magic will have stolen all of the files away from it.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 26th Nov 2011 at 9:45 PM
i can't seem to make it work. keep crashing at import....please help
Instructor
Original Poster
#14 Old 26th Nov 2011 at 9:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peachcake
i can't seem to make it work. keep crashing at import....please help

There are a couple possible issues that can cause this problem.

Take a look in your <documents>\Electronic Arts\CC Magic\Logs folder and look at the newest log file you find.

If you want to log into my support forums at http://sims3.the-prof.net/forums and post a message with your log attached in the CC Magic board, I'd be happy to take a look and get things running for you.

Test Subject
#15 Old 26th Nov 2011 at 11:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by granthes
Do you have DBC files in the mods\packages folder? And using a custom Resource.cfg file?

Or are you asking about the dbc file that is created when EA Launcher installs sims3packs?

I am using a custom Resource.cfg file. I don't have dbc files in the mods/pkg folder, just the ones in the DCcache folder.
Instructor
Original Poster
#16 Old 26th Nov 2011 at 11:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sarah79936
I am using a custom Resource.cfg file. I don't have dbc files in the mods/pkg folder, just the ones in the DCcache folder.

On the settings tab you can add any extra lines you want to have for your Resource.cfg file. This way you can support any configuration that you used to have.

As far as the DCcache folder, TS3 loads it automatically, so using CC Magic won't change how that works at all.

Test Subject
#17 Old 26th Nov 2011 at 11:28 PM
Sounds great!
Problem: the program crashes at launch. Any ideas?
Instructor
Original Poster
#18 Old 26th Nov 2011 at 11:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by filmmakermemennona
Sounds great!
Problem: the program crashes at launch. Any ideas?

If you look in the <documents>\Electronic Arts\CC Magic\Logs folder, you should see one or more log files.

Take a look at the newest log in the folder and scroll to the last entry that starts with a date and time. That is the error that caused the crash. Usually, that line or the one or two lines above contains the file it was looking at when the crash occurred.

If you log into my support forums at http://sims3.the-prof.net/forum and post in the CC Magic board with the log file attached, I'd be happy to troubleshoot the issue and get you up and running.

Eminence Grise
THANKS POST
#19 Old 26th Nov 2011 at 11:49 PM
See Post 14 above for how to look at the CC Magic log file. If you attach your log file to a post in his forums, Grant can let you know what the solution is.

But usually, this is a specific item of CC that has an issue... if you look at the log, the last item processed before "Unhandled Exception" is the culprit.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#20 Old 26th Nov 2011 at 11:49 PM
Wow, this scares the heck out of me, in a good way!
I'm going to wait until after Christmas to install, as having this for less then a month is kind of silly (getting new computer), but this is amazing. Good job
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#21 Old 27th Nov 2011 at 12:36 AM
Thank you so much for this. I have a quick question though. I used your beta Custom Launcher V.2 a couple months back to merge all my CC. Can I uninstall that one and then install this one, but keep my already merged CC files?
Instructor
Original Poster
#22 Old 27th Nov 2011 at 12:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by birdyfly
Thank you so much for this. I have a quick question though. I used your beta Custom Launcher V.2 a couple months back to merge all my CC. Can I uninstall that one and then install this one, but keep my already merged CC files?

CC Magic is the same program as the old V2, just with a more appropriate name. Just uninstall V2 and run this. It will take care of the updates needed to keep your old settings and CC files.

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#23 Old 27th Nov 2011 at 1:00 AM
How amazing, I can't wait to try this out! Thanks!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#24 Old 27th Nov 2011 at 1:06 AM
Oh wow. This sounds wonderful. I've been trying to figure out how to get rid of some CC that I am not using, or which hasn't weathered some of the patches well; this sounds like it'd do a great job--and as a bonus, I don't have to use edit and compress files into combined packages to reduce lag myself! I think it'll have to wait until the end of December for a trial, but I am really looking forward to it! Thank you!
Test Subject
#25 Old 27th Nov 2011 at 1:16 AM Last edited by missybrina : 27th Nov 2011 at 2:01 AM.
I just wanted to say that when I saw this I did a :O irl. It's awesome that you took the time to build something this useful for the community!

Although I've seem to run into a hitch. Once I downloaded this, I manually went through all my CC, cleaned out bad CC, rig fixed them, and did some general maintenance on my downloads folder. Once I loaded up your tool, all that was left to do was to remove some items that I couldn't tell what they were, and then I felt ready to play!

So once it started, the game loaded into the actual selection screen faster than it ever has. Actually had no lag on the opening intro, which is a first even since day 1. But I'm currently trying to load in a family, and it's taking way longer than when I used my old fashioned compressed packages. In fact, I would say it's been loading up for at least 30 minutes now and doesn't seem to want to go past the last little sliver.

I've been running procmon, and from the looks of it, it doesn't seem like there are any broken package files, but I don't know if procmon reads your packages.

Is there something I did wrong? Am I supposed to tell your program to compress the packages? I do have about 7 gigs of CC (don't judge me) so do you think that plays a part?

Edit to add: I thought I would try removing my downloads folder to see if maybe the game would load your compressed package without mine. Apparently it won't, but it does cause it to load into the worlds and such. It's almost as if the game is still trying to read my singular packages of 7gbs of content, rather than your compressed package.
Page 1 of 36