Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sofa Tables - Maxis Add-Ons

by mustluvcatz Posted 5th Jan 2012 at 4:05 PM - Updated 28th Jan 2012 at 4:25 PM by mustluvcatz

46 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 5 Feedback Posts, 40 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Instructor
THANKS POST
#2 Old 5th Jan 2012 at 5:28 PM
What a wonderful idea! They can also be used as sidetable, and slaved to originals is pure win. Thank you very much!

EDIT: I'd love to see more of these. I've got all EP's and SP's, so I don't care which ones you do. I'll probably take them all. ^_^
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 5th Jan 2012 at 5:36 PM
I was just needing a sofa table yesterday, and here are these wonderful examples--thank you!

And I agree with DutchXFan: I'd love to see more of these too, as many as you'd care to make, and from any SP or EP. A wonderful addition to the game!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 5th Jan 2012 at 6:00 PM
Ditto, ditto to the idea of seeing more of these! They are terrific & like DutchXfan said, the "slave" feature is an instant win!

I too would happily snag any other such "matchy" tables you feel like releasing!
Not actually evil.
THANKS POST
#5 Old 5th Jan 2012 at 6:13 PM
Excellent! Hurray for properly made furniture that fits, has slots, and you can walk around it properly! Also, looks very nice. :D

I bet these would be great next to walls too, without sofas, in entry halls and mud rooms and dining rooms. I place such tables that way in real life.
Instructor
#6 Old 5th Jan 2012 at 6:16 PM
Just tested them ingame. They look lovely the way you wanted them to be. As sidetables, however, they bleed into the wall. They're still useable though. The slots are still outside and if you don't use very large objects, nothing will disappear. The only one who bleeds through the wall (and is thereful to be seen from the outside) is the End to End table. They rest stays neatly inside.

I don't know if you have looked at this option when you were making these, but I thought I'd let you know since you can use these for so much more.
Undead Molten Llama
THANKS POST
#7 Old 5th Jan 2012 at 6:54 PM
And here I am recoloring Maxis coffee/end tables so that the darn things match each other. *laughs* I love Maxis add-ons muchly, and these were so needed. No more having to use an off-grid coffee table to do this. Thanks much!
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#8 Old 5th Jan 2012 at 7:21 PM
Fantastic! Love them, hmmmmm ones at foot of bed sound good too!!
Field Researcher
#9 Old 5th Jan 2012 at 8:35 PM
Thank you. I'm very happy you made these sofa tables. They look beautiful, esp. the Asian one. If you decide to create more, I hope one of them will match the IKEA stuff.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#10 Old 5th Jan 2012 at 9:09 PM
These are fab! Thank you
The fireplace looks nice too
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 5th Jan 2012 at 9:24 PM
These are great! Wish there were more around! Thanks!
Constant Contestant
retired moderator THANKS POST
#12 Old 5th Jan 2012 at 10:43 PM
Brilliant idea and I really like them, please do more and I like ekrubynaffit's idea too!
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 5th Jan 2012 at 10:53 PM
Yes! Love it! I've been using boolProp snapobjectstogrid false/moveobjects on to take coffee tables and place them behind my couches! These are wonderfully fabulous and I just thank you so much for giving me an object I don't have to use a cheat with!

Now if I could only find a little seating bench that would go right up against the end of a bed, I wouldn't have to use that time consuming boolProp cheat!!!

Thank you so much, mustluvcatz!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 6th Jan 2012 at 12:06 AM
Yeah ! Great, Love It !

Just One Thing: Where you get that little Bon Voyage's Japanese Arch ? It's so cute
Former Hamster
retired moderator
Original Poster
#15 Old 6th Jan 2012 at 2:06 AM Last edited by mustluvcatz : 6th Jan 2012 at 2:34 AM.
Wow! I work overnight, so I sleep during the day (ugh)..what a lovely surprise to get up and see these up with so many comments. Thank you all so much! And you're very welcome.

About using these against a wall- I never tested that out since I made these specifically for behind sofas. I could fix that by moving them out a bit, but then they wouldn't fit behind sofas as well. Making a new version seems silly..but I do have an idea. An idea that involves something for the end of beds, too.

andersew 705 - I got that at Garden of Shadows...here- it's in the first "look what I got" post.

Kim- the fireplace!! It's just about ready.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 6th Jan 2012 at 5:00 AM
These are lovely, thank you! What a great idea!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#17 Old 6th Jan 2012 at 5:36 AM
These are awesome! Thank you, mustluvcatz! :D
Scholar
THANKS POST
#18 Old 6th Jan 2012 at 7:55 AM
This is brilliant. Do you think you'll make some 3 square tables for the 3 square sofas? Thank you for these!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#19 Old 6th Jan 2012 at 8:49 AM
mustluvcatz: you asked "if someone wants something ..."
Yes me, I would like to have whatever you can place extra slots on.
Thanks. Good work!
Test Subject
#20 Old 6th Jan 2012 at 3:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mustluvcatz
Wow! I work overnight, so I sleep during the day (ugh)..what a lovely surprise to get up and see these up with so many comments. Thank you all so much! And you're very welcome.

About using these against a wall- I never tested that out since I made these specifically for behind sofas. I could fix that by moving them out a bit, but then they wouldn't fit behind sofas as well. Making a new version seems silly..but I do have an idea. An idea that involves something for the end of beds, too.

andersew 705 - I got that at Garden of Shadows...here- it's in the first "look what I got" post.

Kim- the fireplace!! It's just about ready.

Wow, Thank You !! This will be perfect for my pagoda house combinated with your coffee tables . Perfect, just what's missing in my pagoda decoration :lovestruc ! Keep this way !
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 6th Jan 2012 at 7:14 PM
I didn't even know that I needed it until I saw this post...I am constantly putting coffee tables behind sofas and always a little unsatisfied with it. Thank you so much for this much-needed maxis-match!
Former Hamster
retired moderator THANKS POST
Original Poster
#22 Old 6th Jan 2012 at 8:02 PM
lazzybum - probably not, but you never know. (I know better than to say "never" when it comes to doing something.)
andersew 705 - you're welcome. It just so happened that I had just downloaded that and remembered where from.
kasserina- I tried a coffee table once, didn't like the way it looked and never bothered with it again. That was back when I didn't know how to make anything for the game. It hit me the other day (while I was looking through my tables) that I could make one.. duh @ myself.

Thanks again for the comments. The second set is done.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#23 Old 6th Jan 2012 at 9:33 PM
YAY must get these. if bleeding through the wall is an issue an easy fix is to just use the snapobjectstogrid cheat and get them away from the wall till it looks right. There's a small ikea end table that I always have to do that with because it's smack dab in the middle of the tile and looks horrible so far away from everything.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#24 Old 7th Jan 2012 at 3:27 AM
This is great, I was really needing something like this the other day! Looking forward to more great creations
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#25 Old 7th Jan 2012 at 3:43 AM
Please make more! I hate having to use move_objects and snapobjectstogrid EVERY time I want to do this.
Page 1 of 2