Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Furniture What Matches: Five Basegame Beds

by iCad Posted 26th May 2012 at 11:02 PM
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 27th May 2012 at 1:41 AM
Thank you so much for taking the time to make these, I really love the cottage white recolor especially. It can be so hard to create a certain bedroom look when the colors of the bed framing is limited.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 27th May 2012 at 3:37 AM
Oh, god, everything you do makes me love you more. I don't think there's anything of yours I don't have by now.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 27th May 2012 at 4:36 AM
OMG thank you so much
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 27th May 2012 at 4:16 PM
As usual, these look great. I never use the teak/Asian beds because of their odd colors. Now, they're useful and beautiful.

Another thing, since Maxis made such odd bed colors, they should have at least made some bedding to match! None of their beddings go with the beds. (Really Maxis?)

Every bedding will go with the colors you've made.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 27th May 2012 at 6:24 PM
Love this! Thank you so much for taking your time to do this I cant wait to use them in my game! :D
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#7 Old 27th May 2012 at 7:29 PM
Thank you so much for your recolors. I like alot of maxis stuff but the colors make them unuseable, sometimes I wonder what they were thinking.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 27th May 2012 at 7:53 PM
Finally! I can use the cheaper beds in my game! Thank you! I'll admit that I actually use the oddly colored Asian beds. xD But I'm thrilled to have your recolors for it.
Undead Molten Llama
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#9 Old 27th May 2012 at 11:14 PM
Thanks for the comments, guys. :lovestruc A few replies:

@Megs1116: Yes, the not-quite-white Cottage White is quite versatile, I've found, and it seems to blend in well with lots of things. So, I'm glad I created it. And, indeed, the limited (and not-matching) nature of Maxis's colors is why I do what I do. I like (in some cases love) their meshes, but their textures leave much to be desired, I'm afraid.

@MacApple: I often wondered what the process of deciding what EAxis was going to make was. (I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall.) The haphazardness kind of makes me think that different folks were responsible for different things and that there wasn't a whole lot of communication. Hence, beds that don't go with any of the bedding. Which is a shame because some of each is cute, but the cute stuff doesn't match anything.

@Kattydid: I'll confess that I've used the purple Asian bed in a teen's room a time or two, because I had some stuff that looked OK with it. Can't say I've ever found a use for the lime green one, though. Now that I have these bed recolors, I've been working on some of the other Asian stuff, too, like the dressers and the tea table and a few other things, with an eye toward eventually making over Takemizu Village, especially the buyable vacation houses...
Instructor
THANKS POST
#10 Old 28th May 2012 at 5:00 AM
I can't imagine why these haven't been done before! Thank you, they are lovely and much needed.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#11 Old 28th May 2012 at 10:51 PM
I absolutely adore these recolors! Now I can finally find an actual use for all those Maxis beds I've been neglecting since the dawn of time... Way to add better color options for the stupid Maxis stuff, iCad!
By the way...Are you, by any chance, planning to add these colors to some of the side tables and armories as well? It would be wonderful to be able to match them with the bed frames.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#12 Old 29th May 2012 at 4:32 AM
Thank you! I downloaded the pine bed recolors. I like the bed, but not the color options. These are much better!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#13 Old 30th May 2012 at 8:16 AM
Thanks for these lovely recolours.
Test Subject
#14 Old 6th Jun 2012 at 1:07 AM
@iCad - Dang it, that means I need to go buy Bon Voyage! hahaha
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#15 Old 10th Jul 2012 at 4:06 AM
I love these! <3 You are the best!
Inventor
THANKS POST
#16 Old 31st Aug 2013 at 4:44 PM
I'm working on a new Downloads folder and am always glad to add iCad colors, especially for the beds I don't get to use as often as I would like - because the price is right for my medieval-ish game. Thanks, so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 5th Feb 2014 at 3:57 PM
You are my Hero. I never had a problem with styles of beds in the game, but the colors bothered me. If the furniture don't match it's no fun. Now I don't have to search for other types of beds to add to my game. The colors are perfect. Thank you so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 6th Mar 2016 at 8:51 AM
Thanks You