Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#51 Old 24th Mar 2015 at 1:22 PM
I found some photos from 5 years ago in one of my photo albums! My Sims were throwing a party.

This was the aftermath:

The poor custodian had to pick up giant stacks of plates with millions of flies swarming in her face.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 2nd Apr 2015 at 2:11 PM
I'm quite fond of Nooble, I did spend a long time playing him. His first career was Journalism and after he maxed it out I thought the next logical step was to be a celebrity. Superstar is real fun. :D

Duck!

Nooble received a golden award after the music video.
Scholar
#53 Old 2nd May 2015 at 4:33 AM
Gnuhhhh, I miss TS1!

I used to have this family I really loved, which was a couple in the army, two girls with ponytails, two boys, a very nice grandpa and an ill-tempered grandma who wore flowery pants. They lived in a big red brick house, with a large garden full of shrubs, flowers, statues, fountains, etc. Why haven't I recreated them?
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 3rd May 2015 at 3:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Wojtek
@kuroineko05, did you sim manage to reach level 5 in his career? In my opinion becoming a superstar in the Sims 1 is very hard. Achieving 2 stars wasn't that bad, but as soon as celebrity friends are needed to develop further, this becomes a nightmare. I remember it was possible to have 4,5 stars using magic, but it wasn't easy either. I remember one needed dead roses, diamond dust and something else. Eventually my sim managed to obtain all the ingredients and become a superstar, but achieving level 5 was impossible.

As a matter of fact, I have. Here's a pic of him with his golden star as proof of his Superstar status.

Honestly I kinda cheated. Because the 4 star and above minigames will always have a chance of failure. You will either take a long time to get that last couple of stars or just drop in star power if you are really unlucky. (I've gotten 3 failures in a row before) What I did is I just quit and reload if I fail the minigame. The game doesn't save until you return to the home lot, so no loss of star power there. It depends on how cheaty you feel. XD

If you are having problems making celebrity fans, what you need is magic! Use the Happy Face spell for instant friendship and then you can invite them over to your house. Of course you have to be very careful when you cast magic and hope that no one else walks in on you.

Here's Nooble getting an award from Monroe when he reached 4 stars.

Test Subject
#55 Old 23rd May 2015 at 1:09 PM
after a sick day in bed wallowing in nostalgia by watching david the gnome and pbs broadcasts of justin wilson and julia child, i stumbled upon this thread and it's inspired me to not only dig out my old sims complete collection disk, but also to make my first ever modthesims forum post. cheers all for allowing me to keep the nostalgia train running well into the night
Mad Poster
#56 Old 23rd May 2015 at 6:50 PM
That's awesome, organizmzero! I hope you'll post again

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Alchemist
#57 Old 23rd May 2015 at 9:12 PM
Like another poster, I gave all my Sims1 discs; also manuals. To a nephew. sometime after the announcement of Sims2 and sometime before the release of Sims2; do not remember exactly when.
I plan to eventually get the complete Sims1 collection.
Mad Poster
#58 Old 24th May 2015 at 2:57 PM Last edited by VerDeTerre : 25th May 2015 at 9:31 AM.
*Edited to remove link - pirate site!*

CTO has the complete collection available as a download. Since it's available for free, it might be legal, as EA is no longer selling or supporting or making that game, in fact, no one is making it anymore. I don't know if that means it falls under the heading of public domain or not. I'm thinking not, but not really sure how it all works.

Mad Poster
#59 Old 24th May 2015 at 5:29 PM
Copyright law varies from country to country, but things generally fall into the public domain a set number of years after a set landmark event; i.e. 75 years after the death of the author (or rights holder in the case of work for hire) a work will no longer be copyright protected.

Computer software has the added complication of encryption. You can't just copy a program the way you copy text.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#60 Old 24th May 2015 at 10:24 PM
So, we need to wait until 2075 for this to fall into the public domain? CTO is offering it as a download for free. Someone here downloaded it and is playing it just fine. Not sure how they got around the encryption piece. Perhaps they give the code...? But it's not on a disk, so, I'm unclear.

Alchemist
#61 Old 30th May 2015 at 8:50 PM
In my country (United States), I take different types of products have different number of years before they become public domain.

what is CTO?
Mad Poster
#62 Old 31st May 2015 at 4:33 AM
http://www.ctosims.com/ If you join and make ten posts, all of their content is visible to you. It's a friendly place.

O_o
#63 Old 26th Jul 2015 at 3:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lazzybum
I only have a very few deep into my photobucket.

My favorite thing to do in TS1 was throw massive parties. I think one time I had 40+ sims, it was epic! too bad I don't have pictures of that. But heres a party

(I wish I remembered where I got that fridge with all the custom food)

One of the annoyances I've forgotten is the stray pets clogging up at the edge of the road, taking hours for the carpool to finally leave xP

TS1 clogged toilets were nasty!

If you do a quick google search for CTO Sims it has a huge selection of objects for download for The Sims 1. The custom food you are looking for came from C&C Enterprises it is in the downloads section on their website. Go check it out!

I want, I need, therefore I am a sim!
Mad Poster
#64 Old 22nd Aug 2015 at 7:32 PM
Oh how I miss the things that came with Makin Magic... the supernatural and the mundane!
Screenshots

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 28th Aug 2015 at 1:04 PM Last edited by Prismatic : 17th Oct 2017 at 6:20 PM.
I'm not very fond of using CC in The Sims 1, because I feel like the objects provided by Maxis are already enough for my needs (perhaps except for kitchen cabinets, but oh well). I can't deny that I use mods/hacks though, but all of them only improve the gameplay quality. I've been playing the Alfred's B&B house in N1 for 91 days now, inhabited by a female sim I made myself and her townie husband. I'm not sure if I should kill them off and move the Goths in though, but that'd mean I'd lose their tombstones... eh. Lot ratings are 10 for size, 8 for furnishings, 10 for yard, 9 for upkeep and 4 for layout (ouch). The lot may seem cluttered, but let me tell you, it's a whole different thing playing it, it's just so cosy! Some magical growths are rather excessively spread about on the lot, namely the beanstalks, but I still don't have a fully grown climbable one... so they'll stay there for now.
Warning: 12 big pictures.

Mad Poster
#66 Old 28th Aug 2015 at 2:40 PM
That's quite a lovely lot - so creepy! You have to at least stay for the 100 days Easter Egg messages or you can google them
Top Secret Researcher
#67 Old 3rd Oct 2015 at 11:51 AM
I haven't played TS1 much yet. I first started out with a single Sim, a simself. Played a bit and decided to add my hubby as a Sim, found out TS1 does not allow merging households. Figured ok, plopped him down in another house, found him on a community lot, built relationship, fell in love....realized it's down right impossible to get married in this game! Their needs seem to have to be perfect to accept the proposal and they decline so fast as soon as one need was fixed, others were down too much, no matter what I did. So I rage quit for awhile after many failed attempts.

I thought mods/cc would be difficult for some reason, they weren't. First I found the move in bush on simlogical but apparently that does not work, at least not on custom Sims, only Maxis Sims show up. Searched some more and found a plant that will max visitor motives. Annnd TA-DA. Success!

I do have one question for future reference, is it safe in TS1 to delete tombstones or not?

My Simblr
He/They
Mad Poster
#68 Old 3rd Oct 2015 at 3:44 PM
The trick to getting a marriage proposal accepted is timing. Get the relationship 100/100, pink and red hearts. Invite the loved one over, feed, entertain a bit, building in enough freedom to run to the bathroom. Commence romantic actions. If the Passionate Kiss is accepted, propose immediately! Refusal of the passionate kiss doesn't give near the relationship hit that refusal of a proposal of marriage does, and a sim in a good enough mood to accept one will accept the other.

No idea about the tombstones, but they seem to represent the sims, same as in 2; so I wouldn't unless I was sure that deleting sims was okay.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Top Secret Researcher
#69 Old 3rd Oct 2015 at 4:33 PM
I tried that, multiple times. TS1 seems near impossible for a marriage proposal to be accepted. Honestly from my experiences thus far (which isn't much) i'm thinking it is impossible, I just can't see how it's possible after trying a ridiculous amount of times. Perfect relationship, get needs taken all care of asap, feeding/entertaining/potty etc, still not good enough, no matter what. It's downright infuriating. This game has a lot of charm but that one aspect will drive me nuts! No other Sims game is that hard! In fact no other Sims game is hard at all, in my opinion. Often way too easy, but Sims 1? I give up and will just use that cheat object. It's a plant from simlogical to max visitor needs, minus social being adjusted just enough to keep them happy. Invited him over, plopped plant on lot, couple social interactions, boom success. Finally. I hate cheating in other sims games and don't do it in any other games but I see no other way in TS1 to maintain sanity in that one situation. I'm sorry.

And thank you.

Some other random pictures i've taken while playing

My Simblr
He/They
Mad Poster
#70 Old 4th Oct 2015 at 12:26 AM
I had proposals down to a simple formula: 1- build a romantic relationship between two Sims. 2- Invite loved one over. It can't be too late or the loved one will leave. Prepare a meal before calling the loved one over. 3 - Greet loved one at the door and talk, talk. Let loved one eat and use the rest room. 4 - invite loved one to watch tv 5 - talk some more and try a romantic kiss. If it goes well, try a passionate kiss. If the passionate kiss does not go well, let the loved one have more food (usually that's the problem). If the passionate kiss goes well, pause the screen and set up the wedding scenery and use move_objects on to get the couple by the wedding scenery. 6 - get married.

The thing to remember is that when Sims come over to visit, usually their need bars are low . The key to a successful proposal is a high relationship score and needs being satisfied. You can also propose at home after going on a date so long as you pay attention to the date's needs, the lateness of the hour, and the strength of the relationship.
Mad Poster
#71 Old 4th Oct 2015 at 3:41 PM
Wicked, there's a big difference between "impossible" and "I haven't managed it yet." Obviously it's not impossible - I've done it, Ver's done it, many people have done it. If you'd rather use the hack that's fine; but once you've done it once, it won't be hard anymore.

Sims1 is a challenging game, but you can master it. Once you master it, however, it's not as fun anymore, because you know the strategy and just have to follow it. It's far more strategy-based than story-and-character based like Sims2.

Field Researcher
#72 Old 6th Oct 2015 at 5:11 PM
I grew up playing the base game with two expansion packs, then was given Ultimate Collection as a gift because it was the only version of the Sims the computer I had would run.
Ultimate Collection is much more difficult than the original game.

Original game: When the Sim welcome wagon comes over in the morning of Day 0, it was possible to meet one of them, talk to them, feed them, have some fun with them, let them use the restroom, and get the relationship meter to 100 where they accept a passionate kiss and they get married, and in a few more kisses the box where they ask if they should have a baby appears.

Ultimate Collection: needs fall faster, relationships build much more slowly due to the longterm friendship meter, and the visiting Sims are much more finicky. Additionally, in Ultimate Collection I've also had Sims that were totally in love with each other and had their needs met during their house visit flat-out refuse marriage because they loved them but not enough to get married to them. I also had a Sim that married four or five times over and is smart enough to avoid jealousy.

I'd recommend against using a hack since Sims 1 has that formula strategy involved with it. Once it's learned it stops becoming as fun as it once was.

As far as deleting tombstones, it seems deleting the tombstone deletes the Sim file and the relationships they had with others, they're never seen nor heard from again. Also remember that there's no options to move tombstones in Sims 1, if they die at someone else's house they're stuck there.
Mad Poster
#73 Old 10th Oct 2015 at 3:34 PM
#I miss the humor
Random prank calls:

Forum Resident
#74 Old 11th Oct 2015 at 9:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wickedjr89
I do have one question for future reference, is it safe in TS1 to delete tombstones or not?

Safe as in "not corrupting the game"? Sure. Go wild.

Deleting a tombstone will delete that Sim's character file, however.
Scholar
#75 Old 16th Oct 2015 at 11:55 AM
I wish this were to happen IRL.
Screenshots

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Page 3 of 8