Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#26 Old 15th Oct 2012 at 12:55 AM
Welcome to the contest, King_Deadly! You've been added to the list.

The Love Legacy A Random Legacy Challenge Blog - Currently in Progress
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 15th Oct 2012 at 12:58 AM
Wow, everyones is really good c:

Mine is modern themed, black and white with red accents
Scholar
Original Poster
#28 Old 15th Oct 2012 at 1:06 AM
Added to the list, Zoey!

Wow, there's still at least 10 days to go and we have 7 entries already! I figure now would be a good time to repeat that I AM CAPPING THE CONTEST AT 20 CONTESTANTS.

That means first come first serve. If you start writing a post and there are only 19 contestants, but once you click send you're contestant number 21 then I'm really sorry but you'll be out of luck. You can still of course play along with the rest of the rooms, but you will not be scored.

Thanks again to everyone whose joined so far, and I can't wait to see the upcoming entries.

Field Researcher
#29 Old 15th Oct 2012 at 8:43 AM
Possibly a silly question, but are all the rooms going to be completely separate? (As in, if I went for a modern look with the living room, and the round two is a bathroom, will it be considered in the same house or...?)
Scholar
Original Poster
#30 Old 15th Oct 2012 at 9:32 AM
Originally I was going to ask everyone to pick a theme at the beginning of the contest and stick to it throughout the contest but as I developed the contest I realized I wanted this to be about creativity more than the challenge.

So to answer your question, Tamlyn, each room can be considered to be part of a completely different house, in a completely different time period if you so choose.

Test Subject
#31 Old 16th Oct 2012 at 3:36 AM
umm, I kinda want to try this but I'm intimidated after looking at everyone's work lol. That, and how do you post your pics? I'm sorry if I sound like a complete dumb.......bunny.
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#32 Old 16th Oct 2012 at 3:42 AM Last edited by jones7659 : 16th Oct 2012 at 3:55 AM.
Amalgam81, don't be intimidated To post pics, click go advanced at the bottom of the reply box. Then click the attachments tab and scroll down to upload pics. Once uploaded, follow this tutorial (click show instructions) to get them in-line (in the actual "text" of your post)
Field Researcher
#33 Old 16th Oct 2012 at 5:49 AM
Well this was fun, and quickly done for me (for a change!)

I decided to go a little Victorian, a little Mission-ish. At one time, I imagine this would have been considered "contemporary".

Anyway, here's the money shot (so to speak):

In-Game Overview:

Required item, the obelisk, acting like a backdrop:

Rug, paintings, even room for a desk! Also, I decided the black wall was where the entrance to the living room would be, so I left it alone. On the overview, you can see there's plenty of walking space behind the couch because of that:

Plenty of deco items. I count 5 here, not counting the shelf (and btw, how cool is it that we have antique style wall clocks now! Thanks SN!):
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#34 Old 16th Oct 2012 at 7:08 AM
Couldn't agree more about the awesome stuff from SN, Jaguwar! (As you can see from my entry, lol)
Scholar
Original Poster
#35 Old 16th Oct 2012 at 8:40 AM
I hope you join us, Amalgam81, I want this contest to attract as many new comers as it does pros because contests are the best way to learn! I see Jones already answered your question but if you still need help or anything else comes up just post again and we'll help you out.

Adding you to the list, Jag, thanks for joining us! <3

Just a reminder, we need one more judge.

Test Subject
#36 Old 16th Oct 2012 at 12:34 PM Last edited by Amalgam81 : 16th Oct 2012 at 2:30 PM. Reason: Picture Errors
Default Application
I read the tutorial, it gets a little muddled but I'll give my best shot.

I went with a color scheme to make the obelisk blend in a little better, because the trouble I was finding was that it stood out like a sore thumb no matter what I tried. I used it as a focal point and a mock window. And threw another large ungainly plant in the room to balance it. Also added aditional accent walls to distract from the large black wall. The Newpaper Print Rug is the Fun Element.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#37 Old 16th Oct 2012 at 2:31 PM
And I got it right this time, Thanks for the Tutorial.
Scholar
Original Poster
#38 Old 16th Oct 2012 at 4:10 PM
Congrats, Amalgam! I see you edites your post but seeing as this is round one and you didn't know how to post puctures I can overlook the edit.

I'll add you to the list in a bit. Hard to edit that first post from my phone. This does however mean we need only one more entry (And one more judge) for the contest to become official.

dodgy builder
#39 Old 16th Oct 2012 at 4:34 PM
Required items:

- Seating for four - tick
- A Coffee Table - tick
- A piece of Entertainment (TV, computer, etc.) - tick, an old music box
- 5 pieces of deco (curtains and rugs don’t count) - tick, 5 or 6, I have 2 fountains.
- A rug - tick

I'm terrible at this "include this and that" thing, hope I got it right.

Overhead and price

Decoration from Simsview

Test Subject
#40 Old 16th Oct 2012 at 5:31 PM
I didnt see this contest I see you have two judges, can I be the third?
Test Subject
#41 Old 16th Oct 2012 at 5:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ReyaD
Congrats, Amalgam! I see you edites your post but seeing as this is round one and you didn't know how to post puctures I can overlook the edit.

I'll add you to the list in a bit. Hard to edit that first post from my phone. This does however mean we need only one more entry (And one more judge) for the contest to become official.

Thank you so much, and I'm sorry but the first time I uploaded the pictures, everything was a mess. Lol, I had the pics and also Image not found displays...Oi. I will not do it again, mess up the pics I mean. lol
Scholar
Original Poster
#42 Old 16th Oct 2012 at 6:03 PM
Wonderful! We now have enough contestants and judges for this to become an official contest! However I won't be closing round one until either the timer runs out or we hit 20 contestants. Whichever comes first.

Thank you, Volvenom, I'll be adding your entry into the list just as soon as I'm done here.

Quote: Originally posted by malibibic
I didnt see this contest I see you have two judges, can I be the third?

Yes please! Thank you so much and I'll send you a PM soon detailing the judging criteria.

Amalgam81: Try using the "preview" tab when you're writing your post and that usually helps show any mistakes you might have made. I rely on it heavily while trying out new tags. Either way you're doing fine and your pics look great.

Field Researcher
#43 Old 17th Oct 2012 at 6:30 AM
Default Round One Entry
I have discovered how dependent I am on the store objects I own. I constantly grabbed something, put it in, blinked, checked and realised (then cried).

I went for a black/white/red colour theme tied to the roses, with natural greens to complement (and also pull it back to the roses).

That was the theory at any rate.

Pictures:
Scholar
Original Poster
#44 Old 17th Oct 2012 at 6:56 AM
So glad to have you, Tamlyn! And I totally understand about loving store CC. I feel the same way every time I build something to share.

Adding you to the list! 9 spots left.

Mother Function
retired moderator
#45 Old 17th Oct 2012 at 2:59 PM
Do you need another emergency judge? Wait nevermind, I read the qualifications.

Anyhoos, I'll be participating then. Application comes soonish.

"Holy Shift! Check out the asymptotes on that mother function!"
Inconceivable!
#46 Old 18th Oct 2012 at 12:07 AM
I think I know the answer to this, but are we allowed to add windows to the room?

Also, what about mods that don't affect the value of the property at all? Like the stencil remover mod and the curtain height adjuster mod?
Scholar
Original Poster
#47 Old 18th Oct 2012 at 12:33 AM Last edited by ReyaD : 18th Oct 2012 at 1:01 AM. Reason: Stupid thumbs are too big for my phone keyboard.
A good rule of thumb is if ___ is not in the room, you can add it. If ___ is already in the room you may not remove it. Doors and windows can def be added (This round).

Stencil remover and hight adjuster are allowed as they do not add value to the lot or help you cheat costs.

Mother Function
retired moderator
#48 Old 19th Oct 2012 at 6:01 AM
Reya, can we add on to the building, but not actually show it? For example, I want to put an arch way in the room as if it were connected to something. But, I don't want just a big gaping hole. So is it okay to just build a teeny one by one tile room to in case the arch way?

Scholar
Original Poster
#49 Old 19th Oct 2012 at 6:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by daluved1
Reya, can we add on to the building, but not actually show it? For example, I want to put an arch way in the room as if it were connected to something. But, I don't want just a big gaping hole. So is it okay to just build a teeny one by one tile room to in case the arch way?

I honestly hadn't even thought about that but I think I'll allow it. As long as you still obey the posted budget.

Mother Function
retired moderator
#50 Old 19th Oct 2012 at 6:13 AM
Okay thanks!

Page 2 of 20