Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

IKEA Paintings [CEP-EXTRA]

by HugeLunatic Posted 3rd Dec 2012 at 3:32 PM - Updated 29th Jan 2013 at 2:46 AM by HugeLunatic

27 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 14 Feedback Posts, 12 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator THANKS POST
#2 Old 3rd Dec 2012 at 6:14 PM
Yay! So happy to have these properly recolorable now! I've got a folder of pictures ready and waiting for them! Thank you!

And whats with all this talk of 'one last upload' and 'last cep_extra'. Are you retiring? 0.0
Instructor
THANKS POST
#3 Old 4th Dec 2012 at 1:00 AM
Fantastic! Thank you so much :lovestruc
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#4 Old 4th Dec 2012 at 1:48 AM
You have single-handily made one of the best and most useful Stuff Packs and even better and even more useful. :lovestruc <3

Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
And whats with all this talk of 'one last upload' and 'last cep_extra'. Are you retiring? 0.0

Eep! Say it isn't so! >_<

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator THANKS POST
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Dec 2012 at 3:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh

I don't think I could even if I tried.

I meant one last IKEA cep-extra. I think every item in that SP is now recolorable. =)
retired moderator
#6 Old 4th Dec 2012 at 5:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
I don't think I could even if I tried.

I meant one last IKEA cep-extra. I think every item in that SP is now recolorable. =)
Oh good. You had me scared for a bit there. This sounds like a challenge. I shall have to fire up my game and go look at every single thing from IKEA and report back to you on your win.
Inventor
#7 Old 5th Dec 2012 at 3:43 PM
Hmmm, I don't appear to have a zCEP-EXTRA folder. Can I make one?
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
Original Poster
#8 Old 6th Dec 2012 at 1:48 AM
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 8th Dec 2012 at 4:36 PM
OMG!@ Thank you! I've been wanting this forever! Thanks for sharing with us!
Inventor
#10 Old 8th Dec 2012 at 9:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
The folder is created when you install the CEP and it's extras, I'd suggest reinstalling the CEP.

Ok, I will definitely do that. Thanks!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#11 Old 10th Dec 2012 at 6:00 AM
I've gotten so picky about being able to recolor the frame separately and now you've just doubled my options! Seriously, there are only like 3 paintings with 2 subsets! Thank you thank you :D
retired moderator
#12 Old 10th Dec 2012 at 7:33 AM
I am distressed to report that I am still unable to recolor the zebra painting! All six show up in my game as designable, but when I try to recolor them in Object Workshop, the zebra and the cityscape both fail to pull the correct resources, instead they try to pull some of the AL wall cornices. The RIBBA, the graphic horse, and the two BILDs work fine. At first they wouldn't show me the subset window, but the second or third try got them straightened out. Is there something special I should be doing to recolor CEP_EXTRA files that I've neglected? I've double checked that my install location is correct and that I've got the folders selected in the file table. Its odd that only 2 don't work and the other 4 do though...

Edit: Another oddity, when I change the frame color on the dog BILD painting, the photo subset resets to the default.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
Original Poster
#13 Old 10th Dec 2012 at 5:03 PM Last edited by HugeLunatic : 10th Dec 2012 at 5:19 PM.
I've figured out what is causing the issue, but not why.

It's the CEP-Extras by Havelock for the Al/MG architectural set.

EDIT: Should hopefully be fixed now. Both paintings pull correct resources for me. As for the other pictures, I've not yet reproduced that issue of subsets reverting.
retired moderator
#14 Old 10th Dec 2012 at 5:52 PM Last edited by Phaenoh : 10th Dec 2012 at 7:49 PM.
Yay! I can finally recolor that zebra and the gorgeous cityscape! As for the textures resetting, I think I saw something in the GMND when I was trying to CEP it myself, said something about the photo being a slave subset. I made only a recolor of the photo and when I have it set to one of those and I change the frame to one of the two included ones, it changes the photo back.

Edit: That only happens the first time I pick a new recolor, when I start clicking around like a madman with design options, the photo stays put like it should. Small quirk, I can live with it. So happy to have my zebra recolors!!! (I do plan on uploading them, but part of a gigantic set, so it will be a while yet.) Thank you!
Instructor
#15 Old 12th Dec 2012 at 10:45 PM
I've tried recolouring these today and they all work fine except for the RIBBA painting, it's only showing one subset (the photo)
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
Original Poster
#16 Old 13th Dec 2012 at 4:47 AM
Instructor
THANKS POST
#17 Old 13th Dec 2012 at 10:54 AM
So it just shows the one png image?
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
Original Poster
Instructor
THANKS POST
#19 Old 13th Dec 2012 at 5:06 PM
Oh great, thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 14th Jan 2013 at 10:34 AM
When I go into catalogue there is no CEP folder, I can only find the one CEP extras folder and thats in the sims 2 folder....help please.
Test Subject
#21 Old 11th Feb 2013 at 9:27 AM
Hi,
Can please someone help me out as recolours of Dog, Horse and Ribba paintings are not working for me. I'm sure, that everything was put in right place, and CEP is installed correctly (even reinstalled it, to make sure, it's ok).
It looks like recolours of paintings are showing behind the item (http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/610/ikeaw.jpg), and are not showing on thumbnails.
This is the first time I'm having that kind of problems with recolours. I'd like to thank you for any help.
Test Subject
#22 Old 16th Feb 2013 at 7:23 AM
Unfortunately, I'm having the same problem as rainnette84. It's weird because I'm pretty sure recolors of the ribba painting I had were showing up before, but I may have been mistaken.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
Original Poster
#23 Old 16th Feb 2013 at 1:55 PM
Any recolors made without this installed won't show properly. The originals had only one subset recolorable (the frame) where the texture was applied. Now this has the frame as well as photo, but old recolors are only pointing to the frame texture and not the photo. So the photo textures are not going to show up.

Unfortunately, any old recolors will need to be remade.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#24 Old 17th Feb 2013 at 4:20 AM
Haha, I have those frames in my room right now! Now they will be in my Sims' rooms as well! Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 27th Mar 2013 at 7:37 PM
Thanks HL!

Where can we found recolours?
Page 1 of 2