Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Perfect Garden - Updated for UNIVERSITY

by Howabominable Posted 21st Mar 2013 at 4:09 AM - Updated 6th Sep 2016 at 11:43 PM by Howabominable : Added university requirement

32 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 14 Feedback Posts, 17 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 21st Mar 2013 at 5:31 AM
Does this happen to have the "forbidden fruit" plant/seed whatever.. that you need to make plantsims?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 21st Mar 2013 at 5:48 AM
He explained that it doesn't.

My question is: won't the plants just die eventually?
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator THANKS POST
#4 Old 21st Mar 2013 at 12:52 PM
A collector's dream. Thanks for this!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 21st Mar 2013 at 4:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FoxySims
He explained that it doesn't.

My question is: won't the plants just die eventually?

Plants on community lots won't die. And they usually keep (re)growing and growing fruits. So if you harvest one, the next time you'll show up, it might have fruits again.

"I enjoyed the meetings, too. It was like having friends." Luna Lovegood

"It's lucky it's dark...I haven't blushed so much since Madame Pomfrey told me she liked my new earmuffs." Albus Dumbledore
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 21st Mar 2013 at 4:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LE102071
Does this happen to have the "forbidden fruit" plant/seed whatever.. that you need to make plantsims?

I made a perfect garden for personal use. It includes the Forbidden Fruit, but when I placed my garden in a new neighbourhood, I found out that the Forbidden Fruit can't be harvested. I have no idea why. They're at the harvest stage, but the option to harvest is grey. So I think it can't be done. Maybe Maxis designed it that way, to make it harder, IDK.
What I do to get a Forbidden Fruit is have a sim become skilled in Science and then analyse the Forbidden Fruit in my garden. They'll get a sample of it, which you can clone in the Science machine.

"I enjoyed the meetings, too. It was like having friends." Luna Lovegood

"It's lucky it's dark...I haven't blushed so much since Madame Pomfrey told me she liked my new earmuffs." Albus Dumbledore
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 21st Mar 2013 at 4:25 PM
I didn't download it, because I have my own . But I thanked anyway, because like you, I used to download other people's versions and couldn't live without them.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#8 Old 21st Mar 2013 at 5:28 PM
This is an attractive garden and I like the design.

I used to spend hours making all-perfect community gardens, too, and updating them for each expansion using a tireless, blooming fairy. Then, I found Two-Foot Mama's gardening mod at Naughty Sims Asylum, which allows you to simply place totally perfect, mature plants directly from buydebug. I think she has updated the mod through University now. Gawd, I wish I had found that earlier.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 21st Mar 2013 at 6:28 PM
good idea and good job ! thank you !
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 21st Mar 2013 at 10:27 PM
Thanks for that answer!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 22nd Mar 2013 at 12:18 AM
Thank you so much for this! I've had a heck of a time getting all the coffee beans and it's been driving me up the wall. It's a great bonus that the lot looks so pretty too.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 22nd Mar 2013 at 4:21 PM
Thank you to you and your hapless fairy! Love it!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 22nd Mar 2013 at 5:14 PM
Nice! Thank you!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#14 Old 22nd Mar 2013 at 7:00 PM
Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 22nd Mar 2013 at 7:59 PM
awesome !!! thaaankies :*
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 23rd Mar 2013 at 5:27 PM
Do you think you could make one without the University plants, for us who haven't gotten the ep yet?? *Puppy eyes*
Inventor
#17 Old 23rd Mar 2013 at 5:37 PM
very nice!
Instructor
Original Poster
#18 Old 23rd Mar 2013 at 9:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SamIAm2
This is an attractive garden and I like the design.

I used to spend hours making all-perfect community gardens, too, and updating them for each expansion using a tireless, blooming fairy. Then, I found Two-Foot Mama's gardening mod at Naughty Sims Asylum, which allows you to simply place totally perfect, mature plants directly from buydebug. I think she has updated the mod through University now. Gawd, I wish I had found that earlier.

If I had known that mod existed I probably wouldn't have made this =P. Oh well!

Also, I forgot to add that the lot does not include death fruit, because you harvest it once and it's gone.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 25th Mar 2013 at 3:32 AM
This is just beautiful!! Thank you for your time and talent.
Instructor
#20 Old 27th Mar 2013 at 6:59 PM
Can you use this if you dont have Supernatural, Uni or Seasons?

22 I will give him the key to the house of David. When he opens doors, no one will be able to close them; when he closes doors, no one will be able to open them.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 28th Mar 2013 at 5:10 PM
The problem i have with lots like this is deer turning up and eating the plants
why cant ya plant the money tree? never had the issue with one before
the forbidden fruit wont work here because its needed on a residential lot to become a baby plant sim. (to get your own seed tho just splice any plant on science station and get lucky)

nice idea tho for us that don't like to use mod/debug to buy stuff

I always find it handy to take a sim with a few tents and place them and leave them there for garden lots
Test Subject
#22 Old 9th Apr 2013 at 3:49 PM
Wonderful! Had so much trouble getting Some of these plants to grow! Going into every hood now!
Test Subject
#23 Old 20th Apr 2013 at 5:29 AM
Unless I'm utterly blind - I swear I just spent 10 minutes looking at every planet on this lot - the apple tree is missing.

To anyone without an expac, you can still use this. The plants that you do not own the right pack for will just not appear.

Even without the apple tree though, this lot is lovely. And there's enough room on it to place a couple bee keeping boxes and clear out some of the decorative trees and put down an arboretum.
Test Subject
#24 Old 4th May 2013 at 10:09 PM
Lovely garden but I was unable to DL it it says the file is corrupted???
Test Subject
#25 Old 26th May 2013 at 7:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by prettyevil
Unless I'm utterly blind - I swear I just spent 10 minutes looking at every planet on this lot - the apple tree is missing.

I've just been playing this lot and noted the same thing. It's still awesome, but a bit disappointing that the apple tree is missing.

However, now I know about the Naughty Sims Asylum mod, I'm not that bothered!
Page 1 of 2