Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Basilica di San Stefano

by cutsocks Posted 6th Jul 2013 at 1:01 PM

58 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 4 Feedback Posts, 53 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#2 Old 6th Jul 2013 at 1:30 PM
Amazing lot!!! What a great work ! Thanks.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#3 Old 6th Jul 2013 at 1:43 PM
This is an incredibly beautiful piece of architecture. Thanks for making it!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#4 Old 6th Jul 2013 at 2:18 PM
Wow great job, thanks.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#5 Old 6th Jul 2013 at 3:27 PM
This is seriously gorgeous.
Mostly Harmless
retired moderator THANKS POST
#6 Old 6th Jul 2013 at 3:38 PM
This is fantastic! You really captured the feel of italian architecture. Great job!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 6th Jul 2013 at 3:51 PM
It's so beautiful.
In the Arena
#8 Old 6th Jul 2013 at 4:01 PM
I don't normally download Lots, especially now that I no longer play, but that's a beauty!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#9 Old 6th Jul 2013 at 4:22 PM
I love this! It is so very beautiful and authentic!
Interstellar Traveler
THANKS POST
#10 Old 6th Jul 2013 at 4:41 PM
Woah! This is fantastic! :lovestruc
Moderator of Extreme Limericks
THANKS POST
#11 Old 6th Jul 2013 at 5:17 PM
This is a beautiful lot. The attention to architectural detail is incredible, and I'm amazed by how much you managed to do without using custom content. Awesome job!
Instructor
#12 Old 6th Jul 2013 at 5:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jhd1189
I'm amazed by how much you managed to do without using custom content.

Same here! You are a very talented creator!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#13 Old 6th Jul 2013 at 6:44 PM
Awwww, Ezio....
I mean, great job!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#14 Old 6th Jul 2013 at 7:35 PM
Ha! This makes me want to get Monte Vista and strategically place hay piles and carts now. XD

Also, the work on this is fantastic! Love the details and loving attention. Despite me not currently playing a world it would fit in well, I'm going to be adding this to my collection of 'must haves' for when I do. Which looks like my next legacy....
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#15 Old 7th Jul 2013 at 12:00 AM
A work of art - thank you for sharing!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#16 Old 7th Jul 2013 at 2:36 AM
this is absolutely lovely. thank you for sharing.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 7th Jul 2013 at 6:43 AM
It is really great, but, if I can correct you, it is SanTO Stefano, and technically it is a church (chiesa) and not a basilica (there is a santo stefano's basilica but it's near bologna)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#18 Old 7th Jul 2013 at 6:53 AM
NO CC & STORE?! This is downright awesome!
Instructor
Original Poster
#19 Old 7th Jul 2013 at 8:43 AM
Thanks for all the kind words everyone!

Quote: Originally posted by Gianguido
It is really great, but, if I can correct you, it is SanTO Stefano, and technically it is a church (chiesa) and not a basilica (there is a santo stefano's basilica but it's near bologna)

Gah, you are so right. I was unaware of the use of santo in front of male names that begin with S in Italian. Too late now, as it's inscribed in the title picture, but hopefully downloaders will read the comments and adjust it in their games. (As I will in mine...) Thank you for pointing that out to me.

However, the basilica part... I'm pretty sure that any church can be elevated to that status as long as the Pope grants it. But in this instance, I was using the term in the architectural sense, to describe a church that lacks a transept, modeled after basilica buildings of ancient Rome.
Test Subject
#20 Old 7th Jul 2013 at 9:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cutsocks
Thanks for all the kind words everyone!

Gah, you are so right. I was unaware of the use of santo in front of male names that begin with S in Italian. Too late now, as it's inscribed in the title picture, but hopefully downloaders will read the comments and adjust it in their games. (As I will in mine...) Thank you for pointing that out to me.

However, the basilica part... I'm pretty sure that any church can be elevated to that status as long as the Pope grants it. But in this instance, I was using the term in the architectural sense, to describe a church that lacks a transept, modeled after basilica buildings of ancient Rome.

haha, ok, if that's the case I have to give up, I know nothing about architecture, I only knew that in florence there's Chiesa di santo stefano, while Basilica di santo stefano is in bologna, anyhow I really admire your dedication!
oh, and by the way, in reality the santo's rule is a little trickier than what you think, for example we have San Simeone (male name)
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#21 Old 7th Jul 2013 at 9:29 AM
Love the church you've made, cutsocks
Captain Louie
#22 Old 7th Jul 2013 at 2:58 PM
Alrighty, I am about to be awkwardly specific with your lot. Prepare yourself.

Holy shit. Ho-ly-shiiiiiiit.

This is gorgeous. For the longest time, when people post in CFF or send me PMs or appear in the #create chat asking for input on lots, I always try and end with a note about making an awesome atmosphere. It is one thing to have a wonderful lot (which you do) but it is a whole new subject to manage to capture something that feels so coherent and perfect in a 20x30 grid.
The lot is beautifully decorated, expertly sculpted (that CFE? Simple and outstanding at the same time,) the pictures are flawless and bring out the best in the lot, and the post is concise, but descriptive and clever.

All around, easily my favorite lot submitted in a long while. Keep up this amazing work, cutsocks. Alright...I'm done now. I'll just show myself out :P
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 7th Jul 2013 at 4:11 PM
This is just EPIC! I think I've been playing too much AC lately, because I can imagine Ezio taking the "leap of faith" from that beautifully decorated italian building :3 PLease, keep feeding us with pieces of pure glory, like this one!
- Layla
Scholar
THANKS POST
#24 Old 7th Jul 2013 at 7:20 PM
It's as if God built it himself....
Your attention to detail continues to amaze me and surpass my own. This lot is now a slice of heaven for everyone, thanks!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#25 Old 7th Jul 2013 at 8:27 PM
I don't think I could say anything that Qbuilderz and everyone else didn't already say. Simply Stunning, thanks!
Page 1 of 3