Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#51 Old 20th Dec 2013 at 12:16 AM
I had a dream a few nights ago where the Grim Reaper was the defendent in a court presided by Bianca Monty. Most of the adults and elders were in the courtroom as witnesses (and a few were staff as well). I can't remember what the Grim Reaper's official charges were, because every time the judge's assistant (a Sim I didn't recognise but is probably a townie) tried to speak, she would be interrupted by one of the spectating Sims complaining at the Grim Reaper for killing/taking away some other Sim they knew. One or two tried throwing drinks at the Grim Reaper, but missed (the gallery was too far away from the defence stand) and accidentally soaking other spectating Sims. Naturally, this caused several more arguments... The Grim Reaper just stood there, shaking his head at the immaturity. The judge was just about to throw the gavel at Haf Burb for getting into his third fight of the trial when I woke up. I can confirm that none of the witnesses actually had the chance to make any witness statements while I was having the dream...
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#52 Old 20th Dec 2013 at 7:38 PM
I dreamed about Sims last night. There were were four apartment residents in Belladonna Cove that actually don't exist in the game, but somehow they were in my dream and I was trying to figure out how I wanted to play them.
Mad Poster
#53 Old 20th Dec 2013 at 8:10 PM
Not exactly a sims dream, but obviously sims-influenced. I dreamed last night that my husband and I were in a large gathering area for volunteers to fight a massive fire. The man standing next to me was pregnant and I was trying to talk him out of taking the risk. I would have told the authorities, but I knew I was the only one there who would know a pregnant man when I saw one.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#54 Old 25th Dec 2013 at 3:09 AM
Yesterday I dreamed that Cassandra Goth was in Strangetown, trying to get information about her mom. At one point she was laying on a therapy couch, while Vidcund Curious was asking her questions in an affected Freudish accent with increasingly-exaggerated emphasis on "e"s. Both Pascal and Lazlo were watching them from the doorway, Pascal taking notes (and rolling his eyes as Vidcund sounded more and more ridiculous) and Lazlo giggling.

I don't remember much of the actual questions, except for "Und did you seeeeeeeeeee the alieeeeeeeeeens take her away?"

My CC creations, updated April 21, 2015.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#55 Old 25th Dec 2013 at 3:33 AM
On an entirely un sims related site where you hatch and raise dragons I've been trying for ages to catch a rare Christmas egg, to the point where I see the egg pattern when I close my eyes lol. Was trying again and realised I had the picture of the egg in my head inside a little thought bubble just like the sims have. XD
Field Researcher
#56 Old 28th Dec 2013 at 9:08 PM
A few nights ago I dreamt that Priya Ramaswami (or however you spell her surname) was pregnant with God's daughter, and I was pregnant with his son.... no idea where that came from, apart from it being Christmas... I've never even played Priya and Sanjay!

♫Cuz I don't have a home in this life, I have to roam. Got nowhere to lay my head, so I'll follow you instead, and set my gaze on the place I'm going to. Til then I'm homeless, but I'll roam with you...♫

My Simblr: http://natteryaktoad.tumblr.com
Top Secret Researcher
#57 Old 1st Jan 2014 at 1:39 AM
I once dreamed that, due to some weird game glitch, Mrs. CrumpleBottom suddenly became selectable - her portrait changed to one that doesn't actually exist in the game. I remember panicking and frantically opening up folders to check the objects.package file for corruption.

Well damn, because initially, especially in The Sims 1, I loved that Old Prude for smacking Sims around with her cement-filled purse, and while I still do today, every time I look at her my mind goes straight back to the objects.package file, and I just never enjoyed the "Get a room!" reaction she does as much as I used to.
Field Researcher
#58 Old 1st Jan 2014 at 4:57 AM
A long, long time ago (over 3 years at least), I dreamed I had created this attractive Sim and then pulled him out of the game (which was like a dollhouse) and uh... proceeded to uh well... abuse my power as a giant godlike player handling this tiny humanoid that was barely bigger than my hand (in the most non-PG 13 ways). Awkward.

You want to know the Secret... so did I. Low in the dust I sought it, and on high. No agony of any mortal brain shall wrest the secret of the life of man. The Search has taught me that the Search is vain.
Scholar
#59 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 10:55 AM
Yesterday, I dreamed that the sims of Strangetown and Widespot were in an all-out brawl with the Game of Thrones characters. The sims had set up my Granny's garage as their home base, as it was on a hill. I think the GoT bunch was set up by a nearby pond. They were pretty evenly matched -- though there was some friendly fire in the form of bestworst cat Doomsday latching onto unfortune Strangetownie Cooper's face -- until Joffrey showed up driving a bulldozer.

(I don't even watch/read Game of Thrones! All I know about it is what my Mom tells me about it and some clips I've seen on TV!)

My CC creations, updated April 21, 2015.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#60 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 4:20 PM
I don't dream of any specific Sims families and stuff, but a lot of sims appear in my dreams just like real people. In fact I'd say 30% of the people who appear in my dreams have the appearance of sims. They don't have plumbobs and I don't control them. They just look like them. I guess I play too much. Even when reading books, I picture the characters as Sims (usually base game / no cc sims, but sometimes they have hair that I've downloaded) - I always picture Alaska Young from "Looking for Alaska" as having that long straight hair and the private school uniform, with face 2.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Scholar
#61 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 5:03 PM
Nope, no dreams. But right after TS2 came out I was at work and saw this guy with a tummy and waddle just like Pascal Curious in the beginning of the game and before I realized it, I had thought to myself: "He must be alien-pregnant". Made me laugh!

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Test Subject
#62 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 7:37 PM
When my game wasn't working I used to dream about what I'd do with my families when I got it back XD
Mad Poster
#63 Old 28th Jun 2014 at 4:35 PM
This is kind of embarrassing.

Way back when TS2 was announced but not released, I had just read this book which was all about dreams, and it had a section on lucid-dreaming, which is where you are aware and can control your dream. The advice is to get into the habit while awake to look at clocks twice. In dreams, clocks and other kinds of display don't work properly, so you look at it and when you look back a second later, it has changed dramatically.

In my dream I was standing in my kitchen with my sister, looked at the clock on the cooker and realised it had changed so much I was dreaming. "I'm dreaming!" I said excitedly. "I can do anything! Hey, we could play The Sims 2!!!!"

And so, I did. And it was so exciting and awesome XD. I don't remember if it was anything like the actual game but I find it amusing that I was in a dream world and could do anything - fly or breathe fire or anything and I chose to play sims.
Mad Poster
#64 Old 1st Jul 2014 at 2:51 PM
I actually had a dream about sims last night!
I dreamed that EA had accidentally released the beta sims 2 instead of Sims 4, so I was playing on this 'special beta neighborhood' named "#9TEST"
Some families looked normal, but some had really messed up mesh, the only way I can describe it is clothing and hair similar to Jijimon from Digimon (but some had weird pointy witches hats and different families in the family bin had different outfits, one family had green and one had purple. Can't remember about the rest) and because they weren't fully functioning, they'd appear at my Sims houses and kill them.
Also instead of being like a watching-over-them kind of God, You had to possess each Sim, but I was stuck being 1 certain Sim (which looked weirdly like my maxis-made Simself) who had a daughter (who looked like my maxis-made Simself when I first started playing Sims as a child), and it was a really difficult game, whenever a sim did anything - there was a 75% chance something bad will happen. At one point my Sim was stacking shelves and everything on the shelf fell onto my Sim, another time she took a shower and burned herself. Other stuff happened too but I can't remember much. Anyway, these scary jijimon looking monsters had entered the lot (which I could tell, because it made my game super slow) so I quickly exited and then went on these forums to ask people what to do to delete the jijimon and I got loads of dislikes and everyone was telling me "YOU SHOULDN'TVE PLAYED THE BETA" and "YOU'VE CORRUPTED YOUR GAME NOW" etc etc.

Then I woke up.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#65 Old 3rd Jul 2014 at 4:25 PM
Indeed... and not only ABOUT the Sims, but a dream IN the Sims (or at least set in places and with characters that I've created). Last night I found myself in a strange hybrid of my X-Men school and my old real-life highschool, with both real world friends and Sim characters in the classes and I had achieved the Teleport ability a la the Ninja at some point... Very strange to see some of my Sims talking to some of my actual teachers, now that I'm awake and can actually think about it... kind of strange to have a dream about being in highschool again too, since I'm out of college at this point even! Still, I had superpowers- I'll always take a dream where that's true!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Forum Resident
#66 Old 3rd Jul 2014 at 6:00 PM
I had a dream about Derek What'shisname (The Newspaper Boy) who was really Dustin Broke. He was riding a four wheeler and spun mud up all over me and my daughter who was like four years older in my dream than she actually is. Derek/Dustin was very apologetic about it though... lol

The moon so bright shows me the way
Deep in the graveyard beside her I lay
Knowing she'll keep me safe from all harms
Though six feet apart, I lay in her arms...
Inventor
#67 Old 5th Jul 2014 at 10:20 AM
When I was younger, I re-installed sims 1 after getting bored of sims 2 and i played it for a few days then one night I had horrific stomach cramps (like doubled over and crying painful) and somehow I managed to sleep but it was like i could still feel the pain, and i dreamt about my sims 1 family and they were all starving to death and in my dream that's what was causing my stomach to hurt. when i woke up again, every time i thought about my sims sharp pain would hit my stomach. I think it was some kind of bug going around but i didn't play sims again for a while...
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 5th Jul 2014 at 7:10 PM
The night before last, I dreamt that I became a live-in babysitter for my crush's daughter. Which would of been normal, had it not been in the Sims world. When I woke up, I thought to myself about how creative that could of been. I thought a lot about how I could make that into something of a story, and it kinda stuck in my mind all day.
So, anyone wanna guess what I did when I started playing yesterday?
Theorist
#69 Old 5th Jul 2014 at 8:55 PM
Yes, yes, I have. Somehow Sims gets into your brain when you are in a play phase. These ebb and flow over the years. My son (also a gamer but on a console) says he often dreams of his video games & characters. He often wakes up and tells me in the morning about the ideas and dreams he had while asleep.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Mad Poster
#70 Old 14th Jul 2014 at 5:09 AM
I had a Sims1 dream last night - sort of. There was a glass cabinet with dolls that looked like and could be controlled like sims, but the controller was awkward and I couldn't save them from the kitchen fire. Very annoying.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Field Researcher
#71 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 1:31 AM
I had a general dream a couple of nights ago, not really Sims related, but me and my cousin were at the EA studios, which most likely is NOT as scenic as my dream was (in my dream, the studio was located right near a gorgeous medium-height cliff-side overlooking the ocean, but there was construction going on). People were gathered wanting the Sims 4 CAS demo and trying to get in the building to voice disapproval, and I thought it would be cool to go too - Then I got stuck in a pipe as part of the construction (because OF COURSE that is how you get in the building, right?) and it quickly ended after I got out.

I know this is the Sims 2 forum, but it was recent, and sort of Sims related. On another note, a couple of months back, I had a dream about using the CAS in Sims 4 and there was a little option near the bottom right of the screen. A checkbox that said, "Make as Townie," beside it, which is a feature I would like, but isn't really necessary, of course. And in my dream, it was in a good place and seemed logical I liked in my dream how it was defaulted as not checked (as normally you wouldn't want to make townies, I assume), but you had the option to check it anytime during Sim creation. Talk about a tiny, random feature. I mean, from what I've read, I think there are bigger issues to be concerned with... During my dream, though, I remember being pleasantly surprised to see it as I had never thought of that and thought it was a nice small detail (...which I guess I really did think of, but whatever...)

Other than that, I can't recall any, but Sims 2 has been out for years, so I'm sure there has been one or two, but not of my characters.
Mad Poster
#72 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 8:20 AM
This morning, just before I got up, I dreamt I was taking a Sim to visit his friend. Not on a computer screen, but on a lead like a dog. When he got near his friend's house, he started pulling on the lead. And his arms were flailing about.

I think I must have been thinking both about my (Real Life) dog, and about grammapat's Bella Goth with the stuck arm.

Weird!
#73 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 7:59 PM
I've been so concentrated on attempting to make usable nice looking terrains that last night in my dream I was in the game. I'm not sure if I was in SimCity 4 or Sims 2, because the land and roads around me were colored/textured as they are in the Sims 2, but there was terraforming going on around me it was terrifying. I was just hanging around observing oceans swallowing the land, mountains rising from nowhere, and then the whole thing being leveled until it started up again.. It was crazy.
Mad Poster
#74 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 8:16 PM
I don't often dream about Sims, but this night I dreamed I got the ultimate TS2 pack, and accidentally installed it without backing up my downloads.
Mad Poster
#75 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 11:24 PM
I was playing a household of three sims on a community lot, and they were dancing. The mouse got bumped and the lot lagged while the game camera was pointed at an empty part of the lot, with animated musical notes drifting over. Suddenly, I realized that all three sims were gone from the HUD! And I couldn't get the camera to move because the game was lagging so bad!

I woke up in a panic, and was relieved to find I wasn't playing at all!

Page 3 of 9