Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#26 Old 5th May 2014 at 1:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DJ.
Tits and Ass Stuff?

Am I trippin' son?

If you did not know about it, Chris Hatch at BAS has made a Adult (Unofficial EP/SP) Only 18+ The Sims™ 2 Tits and Arse Stuff and it install just like any other EP/SP.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#27 Old 5th May 2014 at 1:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by frogz2007
Ah, yes. The beta. I know these were intended for the game, but mostly deleted:

21. Fashion shows (Chris Hatch enabled this)

My version of this came from SimWardrobe.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#28 Old 5th May 2014 at 1:31 PM
My fashion show thing comes from Sim Wardrobe too. Although, apparently there's also one in the H&M Stuff Pack.
Mad Poster
#29 Old 5th May 2014 at 1:47 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 5th May 2014 at 2:03 PM.
I think the power-out scenario with lightning, rain and everything was enabled by someone here at MTS a long time ago (or cloned, or whatever). It was a big tesla pole or some such, maybe part of a set. Can't find it now, though... I do remember I had it in my game at one point.

EDIT: an object called Mad Scientist "Bustin Out" Tesla Coil, by Wintermuteai1. Might have been deleted, because I can't find any traces of it.
Mad Poster
#30 Old 5th May 2014 at 1:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
My fashion show thing comes from Sim Wardrobe too. Although, apparently there's also one in the H&M Stuff Pack.

That's what the blurbs on my H&M box say, anyway. I still haven't tried doing this.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
#31 Old 5th May 2014 at 2:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by frogz2007
Ah, yes. The beta. I know these were intended for the game, but mostly deleted:
19. Popularity was called "Reputation"
Is that why it's called "Reputation" in SimPE? SimPE also calls the Pleasure aspiration "Fun".
Mad Poster
#32 Old 5th May 2014 at 2:09 PM
There are lots of traces of stuff in the game, such as for sims to be able to sit down while interacting with babies (I recently found the animation files, but I'm no modder, so couldn't figure out how to enable it), multiple clothes and hairstyles (most of it already extracted), and the "selling virus" interaction with the science career reward (which halfway works in debug mode), among other things. I also found some baby textures that almost looked very TS1-ish (wasn't there a baby in green clothes?). There's even a toddler hair that had two different alphas (the bob hair - by default the red hair has a different alpha), probably because of pure laziness (there are many more examples).

I also poked around in the Medieval game recently, and found a huge bunch of unused TS3 resource files in there, as if they'd just disabled half the TS3 game, deleted the other half, and chunked in some medieval stuff over it. Talk about wasted harddrive space!

EA really did a lousy job with cleaning up their games...
Top Secret Researcher
#33 Old 5th May 2014 at 3:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
There are lots of traces of stuff in the game, such as for sims to be able to sit down while interacting with babies (I recently found the animation files, but I'm no modder, so couldn't figure out how to enable it), multiple clothes and hairstyles (most of it already extracted), and the "selling virus" interaction with the science career reward (which halfway works in debug mode), among other things. I also found some baby textures that almost looked very TS1-ish (wasn't there a baby in green clothes?). There's even a toddler hair that had two different alphas (the bob hair - by default the red hair has a different alpha), probably because of pure laziness (there are many more examples).

I also poked around in the Medieval game recently, and found a huge bunch of unused TS3 resource files in there, as if they'd just disabled half the TS3 game, deleted the other half, and chunked in some medieval stuff over it. Talk about wasted harddrive space!

Whoa, I had no idea EA left tons of redundant crap in their games. I know The Sims 2 had literally a treasure island of lost bounty hidden inside the objects.package file, but in The Sims 3 as well?

If that isn't just unnecessarily occupying space on my hard-drive, it's just stupid. Why cut half of the hairstyles in the game only to actually ship it with the final product but not make it appear in the game? If you seriously didn't want it, why didn't you just delete it forever instead of "hiding" it to waste storage space?

If this isn't the reason why the game is half-broken (because the file got so huge and overloaded with crap that their computers lagged trying to edit the file, and it got so buggy that they inserted broken code, or the file was so huge and their computers lagged so badly that every time they saved the file it got corrupted), then this is probably the reason why EA's games are so overpriced. You're literally paying for content that's there but you can't access it in-game. Just wow.
Mad Poster
#34 Old 5th May 2014 at 4:16 PM
I was googling the big boss scenario and came across this youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/user/frogz2007
Anyone in this thread know more about this beta project? I considered downloading it and testing it out, but I'm worried about it corrupting the hell out of my game.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#35 Old 5th May 2014 at 5:15 PM
With out a very large player base testing that out I would not touch it with a 10 foot pole.

I would not install that in your main game for there has not been any testing of it that I know about. You can use the AGS ( http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=250555 ) and install it there if you want to try it out.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#36 Old 5th May 2014 at 5:22 PM
Wouldn't installing it on AGS still screw with installation files, in the scenario that it does?

No offense to frog, but I would not touch it even with a very large player base having tested it. S/he has shown both ignorance of how the game works, unwillingness to listen and carelessness. Not qualities I look for in a modder.
Theorist
#37 Old 5th May 2014 at 9:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22

They did the exact same things with the Stories games. UI/objects/3D files in Castaway Stories act like a big UI/objects/3D files containing content from base game to Bon Voyage, yet hiding it all and adding 24 tropical themed items. Heck, in the UI file, there's even some data from TS2 beta. People would think they'd get rid of it by then!

With my current Castaway Stories installation weighting 3 GB, I'd say without TS2 content (so, game engine and basic tropical items only, as one sees from the running game) the game folder would take roughly... 900 MB?

(Not to mention how they warned the big communities not to distribute the Stories content on their site, because "if Simmers wanted that content, they could've bought the games." Judging how every EP (not talking about Stories games here!) contains half of the base game files in it, I must've bought the game at least twelve times already.)
Mad Poster
#38 Old 5th May 2014 at 10:46 PM
Some of the EPs may contain traces of the basegame or EPs in them, but not all are like scrapyards. While the basegame has a lot of treasure hidden, it seems they've actually managed to take out most of the unnecessary stuff from EPs and SPs. Not all, but most. The basegames are the worst offenders by far.

I've only poked around in the texture and mesh files, so whatever lurks in the other files is beyond me to tell about...
Instructor
#39 Old 5th May 2014 at 10:49 PM
I imagine the boss would of had copies of everything if there was a fire lol i doubt a boss of a multi million game deal wouldn't make copies... lol you'd be daft not to.
Mad Poster
#40 Old 5th May 2014 at 11:05 PM
I'm almost willing to believe there might have been a fire (I wanna see the proofs first, though), and if there was a fire that destroyed some data, I can understand that they lost some stuff.

But seriously?
1: I don't for one second believe that they didn't have at least one backup (other than the supposed burnt-down servers) of whatever they'd been working on. Maybe they'd lose a weeks' worth of progress or so at the most, but all of it? Set back to point zero? Highly doubt it. Not a giant company like EA. Unless they were reeeeally stupid, of course... Something "always" fails just before a deadline, so if you don't have a backup of the backup (of the backup), you're screwed.
2: They must have had the same people working for them before and after the supposed fire. I don't think that so many minds capable of making a whole game could forget so much between them. Even if they lost a bunch of stuff, they would be more than capable of remaking it. If you've been working for months or even years on something, you don't just go and forget all of it.
3: There's other material that comes from making a game than just the stuff you can put into a computer. I'm sure they would have had concept art and a lot of other things like video recordings for animators and whatnots, even if they lost a few Gigs of data (unless their entire building burned down).

I'll do a Mythbusters turn on this one, and say it's "Plausible" - just to give them the benefit of the doubt. Yes, it's possible, but no, a server fire does not justify bad work. Instead they could have given the developers more time to make the best out of what they had, taking the data loss into account.

It's more likely they misplaced some data, or couldn't finish the data before the deadline, or that it's just a rumor someone made up to justify their bad work. The jungle telegraph is perfectly capable of making a banana peel into an army of gorillas, so if anyone burned a sketch in their paper bin out of sheer irritation, the next thing everyone is talking about is a big server fire.

Alpha/Beta games are also never quite like the finished product. Animated trailers without any gameplay are NEVER like the finished product (they're often better, and sometimes they're not even made by the same people who makes the game).
Mad Poster
#41 Old 6th May 2014 at 1:49 AM Last edited by gazania : 6th May 2014 at 2:16 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Bigsimsfan12
I was googling the big boss scenario and came across this youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/user/frogz2007
Anyone in this thread know more about this beta project? I considered downloading it and testing it out, but I'm worried about it corrupting the hell out of my game.

Sorry to pipe in much later here, but I echo the advice of others here. Be wary. Be very, very wary.

Messing with the Big Boss can explode your game. Not just your neighborhood, so I couldn't even recommend using a throwaway hood. Your game.

There was quite a lively discussion on this board between frogz2007 and ... well ... a lot of people, including Mootilda. You need to decide for yourself, of course, but as for me, I'd run, not walk, away from this.

Back to the topic: EA bloating games with useless stuff? People doubting so much of what EA tells us?

Nah. Say it isn't so. (Insert sarcastic smilie there.)

It does puzzle me that there weren't any copies anywhere else. After all, if I recall, Sims 1 did pretty well. Wouldn't SOMEONE want to protect the progress on the new game?

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
#43 Old 6th May 2014 at 3:28 AM
Quote:
There was quite a heated discussion on this board between frogz2007 and ... well ... a lot of people, including Mootilda. You need to decide for yourself, of course, but as for me, I'd run, not walk, away from this.

Wow, just done my research on frogz2007 (Literally. 2 hours of reading through all posts by him on MTS) and I'm not even going to touch that with my current game (which will be uninstalled completely and reinstalled when I get round to it). Shame though, I really liked the beta hairs and I can't seem to find them anywhere. Anything that messes with universal NPCs and can seriously mess up my game is a big no-no though. I don't even use Sim PE or Simblender for fear of corrupting everything.

Edit:
Quote:
Oh no.... not this again...

My apologies for bringing it up again. I wasn't around much when he was posting obsessively all over MTS. I thought I had just stumbled upon someone trying to remake a few beta hoods and hairstyles

Mad Poster
#44 Old 6th May 2014 at 3:39 AM
@Bigsimsfan12 if you are looking for one of the "Beta" hoods then we have one here at MTS now called "Welcome to Riverside" http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=503756

Mad Poster
#45 Old 6th May 2014 at 12:09 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 6th May 2014 at 12:20 PM.
Extracting hairs that does not show up ingame is fairly easy if you know their names, and most of the clothes are already extracted.

If it does not have a mesh and a texture in the regular game files, it's probably not worth the trouble. Most likely it has to be entirely re-meshed. We're talking about maybe 4-6 lost hairs here, and it's not like you can't find similar hairs anywhere. There's already enough maxis-match hair out there, textures or mesh-wise, so I'm pretty sure you won't miss a lot. Beta versions of anything tends to be a bit unfinished as well, so without closeups you might not be able to see the screaming mistakes.

If Frogz absolutely wants to be helpful, they could release all the beta stuff as separate packages instead of one big scramble of things they found useful. Adding previews from their own game with the items actally working would be helpful as well - the way the rest of us do it. That way people could choose what they want to put in their game, or alternatively make safer files out of it.

'cause I'm not even poking that big boss thing with a ten-foot stick, let alone letting it come anywhere near my game.
Mad Poster
#46 Old 6th May 2014 at 1:51 PM Last edited by Bigsimsfan12 : 6th May 2014 at 5:05 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
@Bigsimsfan12 if you are looking for one of the "Beta" hoods then we have one here at MTS now called "Welcome to Riverside" http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=503756

Ooo thanks! I'll download this straight away you've made my whole weekend
Shame there's no beta hairs though, I might look at some tutorials and do it myself. I just really like the Darleen Dreamer hairstyle and old textures.
Thanks again for the help :D

Edit: Found them now. Frogz2007 directed me to the ones he's using.

Instructor
#47 Old 8th May 2014 at 8:59 PM
I think there would have been more news if it had been leaked - people would have posted pictures/videos, surely? And who would have leaked it, anyway? I like the romantic idea of the beta disks rattling around in some EA exec's desk drawer, forgotten about but still playable..but realistically even if the beta still exists it's never going to get released. Which is unfortunate because I'd love to play the beta.

Bustin' Out!
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 9th Jun 2014 at 3:13 PM
It's so amazing how advanced they tried to make this game. I mean the game that was released already was freaking amazing but imagine they would've put all the features that got "lost" into the game .. We can only dream..
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#49 Old 1st Jul 2014 at 6:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pinimon162
I think there would have been more news if it had been leaked - people would have posted pictures/videos, surely? And who would have leaked it, anyway? I like the romantic idea of the beta disks rattling around in some EA exec's desk drawer, forgotten about but still playable..but realistically even if the beta still exists it's never going to get released. Which is unfortunate because I'd love to play the beta.

Imagine how amazing it would be to be the only one outside of EA who has played the Beta. I bet it the game is so much fun - it looks amazing.
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 7:27 AM
Well, on the optimistic side of things, at least we get to look in the files for stuff that was unreleased. It's kind of interesting in my opinion!
Page 2 of 7