Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#51 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 9:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chipper9620
Does anyone know if the downloads still work even if placed in folders within the Downloads folder? (i.e. separate folders for "Hair"/"Objects"/"Clothes" to keep all my CC organized?

Yes, subfolders work. I am only using 1 level deep, as I organize by creator. So any deeper is new territory.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 11:02 PM
Default sometimes...
Does anyone know if the downloads still work even if placed in folders within the Downloads folder? (i.e. separate folders for "Hair"/"Objects"/"Clothes" to keep all my CC organized?

it seems to depend on the type of file. on my computer, bodyshop files won't load in the game if they're in subfolders, but most other files will just fine.
Instructor
#53 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 11:09 PM

I use subfolders

sometimes 4 deep and I have no issues

downloads/clothes/girls/child/everyday
downloads/hair/male

Peace, Harmony & Balance... Libra is Love..
Test Subject
#54 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 10:45 AM
Im by liberary but i cant see Containers, im really stuck, can someone make a help video?!
Instructor
#55 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 8:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nannyhi
Im by liberary but i cant see Containers, im really stuck, can someone make a help video?!

You are probably in the wrong Library folder. The one you want is hidden by default, and is in the same place as your username's Documents and Downloads folders. See post #10 in this thread for how to unhide it. In fact, reading every post in this thread will probably save you a lot of grief in getting CC working.
Test Subject
#56 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 10:27 PM
Does anyone know how to download pre made sims onto the game? I've been trying but it always says the content requires an expansion pack that is not installed, but that isn't the case.
Instructor
#57 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 12:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by shockingsims
Does anyone know how to download pre made sims onto the game? I've been trying but it always says the content requires an expansion pack that is not installed, but that isn't the case.

That message is normally accurate. Sims can require an expansion pack that is not included in the Mac Super Collection. It might be a recolor based on a style from one of the missing EPs or SPs, or a default replacement for a Maxis item from an EP or SP not in the Super Collection. This site, MTS, is very good at specifying which SPs and EPs are required for a downloaded item. Not all other sites are.
Test Subject
#58 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 6:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rhiamom
That message is normally accurate. Sims can require an expansion pack that is not included in the Mac Super Collection. It might be a recolor based on a style from one of the missing EPs or SPs, or a default replacement for a Maxis item from an EP or SP not in the Super Collection. This site, MTS, is very good at specifying which SPs and EPs are required for a downloaded item. Not all other sites are.

I should have been more specific. I have all the expansion packs listed, but it still won't allow me to download it.
Instructor
#59 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 7:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by shockingsims
I should have been more specific. I have all the expansion packs listed, but it still won't allow me to download it.

Won't allow you to download it, or won't allow you to install it once downloaded? Please tell us what you are trying to download, from where, and specifically what you are doing to try to install it. Are you using the Package installer that comes with the Super Collection, or Mac Unpac by jfade?
Test Subject
#60 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 11:33 AM
Hi!

I download some cc but it wont show up in the game, i un zipt it, and my cc is on, but nothing works!
please help!
Instructor
#61 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 11:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nannyhi
Hi!

I download some cc but it wont show up in the game, i un zipt it, and my cc is on, but nothing works!
please help!

Did you ever find the right location for your Downloads folder? You were unable to in your previous message. Where are you putting your CC after you unzip it? The full path!
Test Subject
#62 Old 21st Oct 2014 at 1:01 AM
Okay.. I am able to install sims2packs with the installer..

I cannot however install regular .package files.

I have read this entire thread. CC is turned on. My Library folder has been unhidden, I can get to containers but after that I'm lost because I do not have the "com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/" part of the folders. Unless I'm still in the wrong Library folder, which I feel like I might be. I did put the unhide command in the terminal, but there was no clarification if it worked or not. Please help! Thanks in advance. :P
Test Subject
#63 Old 27th Oct 2014 at 2:13 PM
It seems that the folder created and used by the "Super Collection" may differ. I installed the "Super Collection" through "Mac Game Store" on OS X Yosemite and the download folder for the custom content is at:

~/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads

Hope this helps some of you
Test Subject
#64 Old 27th Oct 2014 at 9:56 PM
I Know I have posted in this forum before but I am still having trouble getting cc into the sims 2 game. I made a Downloads folder and enabled cc into the game, but it just doesn't work. Am I doing anything wrong? I use The sims 2 Mac Super Collection off of the app store. Can someone please help me?
Field Researcher
#65 Old 27th Oct 2014 at 10:35 PM Last edited by muridae : 27th Oct 2014 at 10:47 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by BunnySimmer
I Know I have posted in this forum before but I am still having trouble getting cc into the sims 2 game. I made a Downloads folder and enabled cc into the game, but it just doesn't work. Am I doing anything wrong? I use The sims 2 Mac Super Collection off of the app store. Can someone please help me?

If you're certain that you've enabled cc in the game, then you need to check that your Downloads folder is in the right place.

The easiest way to do that is to right click on the Downloads folder you've created, and select Get Info.

In the General section of the window that then opens, look for the "Where" field. It should say that your Downloads folder is at "/Users/<yourusername>/LIbrary/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2". If it doesn't, your Downloads folder is in the wrong place and you'll need to move it.

Also, make sure that you've called it "Downloads" (with a capital "D") and not "downloads". OS X is basically a unix system, and they're case sensitive, so it might be finicky about capitalisation.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#66 Old 27th Oct 2014 at 10:47 PM
muridae everything you said I have. it is in the right place i just checked and it does have a capital D. And in the game It is checked and it says that i have enable cc
Field Researcher
#67 Old 27th Oct 2014 at 11:11 PM
muridae everything you said I have. it is in the right place i just checked and it does have a capital D. And in the game It is checked and it says that i have enable cc

Oh well, at least it doesn't seem to be the Download location that's your problem.

What type of CC are you trying to put in there? Buy/build mode stuff (and if so, does it need the CEP to work?) or bodyshop stuff? Does any of it need meshes? Is anything cloned from an EP/SP that the Super Collection doesn't have?

If you go back into the screen where you enable CC, are any of the packages listed, and do any of them have warning triangles?
Test Subject
#68 Old 27th Oct 2014 at 11:15 PM
Muridae The first time I tried I tried to install cloths and yes i had downloaded the mesh and put every put but it didn't work and this time i tried to install hair and of course it still didn't work. It said nothing about needing an certain expansion pack and the website im using is http://www.thesimsresource.com/ for cc. And when i go into the game and look at the enabled cc screen and it is blank. I really really hope you can help me.
Field Researcher
#69 Old 28th Oct 2014 at 2:56 PM
Muridae The first time I tried I tried to install cloths and yes i had downloaded the mesh and put every put but it didn't work and this time i tried to install hair and of course it still didn't work. It said nothing about needing an certain expansion pack and the website im using is http://www.thesimsresource.com/ for cc. And when i go into the game and look at the enabled cc screen and it is blank. I really really hope you can help me.

Unfortunately I've not put any custom clothes or hair into the game as yet (I'm more of a builder), so I can't suggest any items you could test that will definitely work. But I'd say that's your next step: to try to put in a piece of CC that someone else using Sims 2 Super Collection has confirmed as definitely working. If you can see that, then you know that you've got CC turned on correctly and can then check the pieces you really want for EP/SP compatibility. If you can't see it, then you know that you've still got an issue with getting CC properly enabled on your machine.

For my first test I put in some neighbourhood objects because (a) I only needed to load the hood to test it was working, which was very quick, and (b) they tend to be standalone objects with mesh and textures all in one. So you might like to try the download I used on page one of this thread:

http://modthesims.info/showpost.php...894&postcount=8

The screenshot in that post shows what you would see if you put all of the objects in the download into your game.

You can find the download here:

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=377473

Download, unzip, and add at least one of the *.package files from one of the downloads, then start up the game and look for them. I'm not 100% certain, but I think they should be in the Misc category. They should be in the same place as the Maxis hood deco buildings, anyway.
Test Subject
#70 Old 28th Oct 2014 at 9:17 PM
Muridae I did what you said and guess what it worked!!!!! i was so scared that i would never be able to put cc in my game! thanks so much for your help...now i just have to figure out why the clothes and hair was not working.

Does anyone have a list of hair and clothes that work with mac?
Test Subject
#71 Old 1st Nov 2014 at 5:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rhiamom
Won't allow you to download it, or won't allow you to install it once downloaded? Please tell us what you are trying to download, from where, and specifically what you are doing to try to install it. Are you using the Package installer that comes with the Super Collection, or Mac Unpac by jfade?

It won't allow me to install the sim from thesimsresource into the game once it is downloaded. I try using the package installer but it says to double click the file and it never works.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#72 Old 1st Nov 2014 at 11:23 AM
That's a known glitch with the bodyshop installer, it's been doing that since 2005. Use the Clean Installer instead.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
#73 Old 4th Nov 2014 at 7:17 PM
hi there
i have two things i want to say:
firs of all the file every one is talking about ~/library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/ do not exist on my mac i tried so hard to find it but i couldn't .
second i downloaded so many packages from the mod sims close to 300 but only 2 got installed in the game throw the the sims2 package installer the rest simply coldest be recognised by the package installer.
now what I'm i suppose to do ? and what am i doing wrong ?
note :my mac is os x Yosemite version 10.10
Test Subject
#74 Old 5th Nov 2014 at 9:51 PM Last edited by toadstool333 : 6th Nov 2014 at 3:28 AM.
Hi all, I've almost completed updating to the Supercollection on my Mac, and I was wondering if anyone using Yosemite knows how to permanently override the Mac file limit. Before we could use the rc.local to have it automatically work, and then there were some people who said you could exceed the limit by entering a command via terminal. My question is whether or not anyone has figured out a way to do that without having to enter in the command after every computer restart.

Thanks!

Update: For those encountering the same issue, Yosemite removed the launchd. capabilities, so I'm trying out the instructions on this website. http://jeetkundoug.wordpress.com/20...max-open-files/
Field Researcher
#75 Old 6th Nov 2014 at 12:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by toadstool333
Hi all, I've almost completed updating to the Supercollection on my Mac, and I was wondering if anyone using Yosemite knows how to permanently override the Mac file limit. Before we could use the rc.local to have it automatically work, and then there were some people who said you could exceed the limit by entering a command via terminal. My question is whether or not anyone has figured out a way to do that without having to enter in the command after every computer restart.

Thanks!

Update: For those encountering the same issue, Yosemite removed the launchd. capabilities, so I'm trying out the instructions on this website. http://jeetkundoug.wordpress.com/20...max-open-files/

That's useful information, thanks. I'm still dabbling (cautiously) on a MacBook Air with integrated graphics, as my main machine is still on Lion and therefore not compatible with the Super Collection, so I've not hit the ulimit/maxfiles issue yet. I'll bear this in mind for when I upgrade, especially as I'm planning to jump to Yosemite rather than Mavericks.

I also found another good explanation of how to increase the file limits for Yosemite here:

http://yabfog.com/blog/2014/10/22/y...open-file-limit

(At a guess, ulimit might still need a bit of experimentation to find the best place to set it.)
Page 3 of 11