Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Needs/Motive Decay Mod (Hunger, Fun, Energy, etc.)

by mgomez Posted 16th Sep 2014 at 1:36 AM - Updated 27th Sep 2014 at 10:41 AM by mgomez

274 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 130 Feedback Posts, 143 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 11
Test Subject
#2 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 1:46 AM
need this
Mad Poster
#3 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 1:57 AM
i like the concept. do you think just a slower motive decay would be possible? not super slow, just a little slower.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 2:11 AM
Would you be able to just slow them down? I want my Sims to have to be required to do some things, I don't just want to play with Ken and Barbie and skip the annoying bits.
Instructor
#5 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 2:21 AM
Thank you!
Theorist
THANKS POST
#6 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 2:40 AM
Thank you a ton for this!!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#7 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 3:17 AM
thank you but yes a slower motives version would be awesome
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 3:33 AM
thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 4:17 AM
Omg! Finally an amazing mod that I was wishing for! Thank youuuuuu 😄
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 4:22 AM
thanks.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 4:25 AM
Thank you, awesome work
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 4:47 AM
First time I have ever posted on a mod... but this seemed like a good time.
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! This means when I switch lots I don't have to go through and reset my cheat and click and blah blah blah.... Thank you so much.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 5:07 AM
Be good to try this for a while, thank you.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 5:15 AM
I had the feeling that people will ask for a slow-down mod for decay. It was my initial goal, but was too frustrating and I had to release something that helps with the excessive need decay. I will now make it my priority to work on fixing need decay without eliminating it entirely. My apologies to those of you who wanted a slow-down mod. Your mod will come, either from me or someone who beats me to it!
THANKS POST
#15 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 6:15 AM
Thank you so much for this!
Test Subject
#16 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 8:37 AM
it dont work for me its a pyo file and doesnt come into the game.
Test Subject
#17 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 8:57 AM
Default same problem
Quote: Originally posted by tigerpuz
it dont work for me its a pyo file and doesnt come into the game.

exactly the same to me also
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#18 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 9:04 AM
you need to put the zip file in your mods folder unzipped
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 9:15 AM
I agree with the other posters and I hope that you can beat the complications to making a slower need decay mod without eliminating it entirely; great work on what you have so far - wouldn't be a bad thing to see a slower relationship decay mod as well.
Test Subject
#20 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 9:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by carlydunham
you need to put the zip file in your mods folder unzipped

I put the zip file already and the mod is recognized but still the motives are in decay
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 9:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MaegotH
wouldn't be a bad thing to see a slower relationship decay mod as well.

Already in progress and testing. Such a mod requires lots of testing, since its effects are not immediately visible.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 9:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Telamonios
I put the zip file already and the mod is recognized but still the motives are in decay

I'll try to reproduce your problem and see what advice I can offer on this.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 9:51 AM
OK. Mod tested in a couple of different situations and none of them seem to show signs of decay. There is, however, still an red arrow in each motive (hunger, fun, etc.) appearing as if though it will start to decay. This is because the decay is initiated regardless of this mod. The mod doesn't stop the initiation of decay; it interrupts the function that updates motives to reapply a maximum motives cheat when the motives are supposed to go down.

Clarification: If the bar for any motive is anything but full at any point while you're playing, this means that TS4 is ignoring the mod. That could happen for a couple of reasons:

1: You may have extracted the files in the ZIP. To install scripted mods, the PYO files must remain inside of the zip file at all times. No extraction is necessary. Plop the zip file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods folder.
2: You have not yet enabled scripting mods. In this case, go to your options menu (the three dots) and navigate to Game Options > Other > Script mods. The box next to "Script mods" should be filled.
3: You are not using the latest update of The Sims 4. In order for this mod to work, you need to be using at least the September 9th patch. There was a bug in the game that completely ignored non-replacement script mods. This mod is one of those (i.e. it doesn't replace an entire in-game module).
4: If you have the 9/9 patch and it's still ignoring the mod, restart your game without any mods, stop the game (again), put the mods back in, then start it again (in short: Start Sims 4 without mods, then start it with mods again). This was a problem that really annoyed me when I was developing, but it so happens that Sims 4 retains behavior from before the 9/9 patch if you don't do this.
5: There could be a conflicting mod with this one. Try the game with only this mod loaded and see if it works. Post which other mods you run here so that I may test them and find out how I can make them compatible, if there are any compatibility issues.

I hope this helps!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 10:47 AM
Thank you for this mod. Say, would you be able to triple the recovery speed whenever a Sim takes a "nap"? I much rather would like to have a mod like that, as that would be a little more realistic. :)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 11:42 AM
Update: I have managed to finish a "slower decay" mod, and I'm still testing it. Right now, it's not ready for use and very buggy. It only works with a cheat command on the console. At this moment, I am cleaning up the code (making it shorter and more efficient) and then I'll inject it into a core function of the game so you don't have to type a cheat. With this new mod, motives will drop 30% slower, and any traits/rewards you add to your sim will be accounted for, meaning that the mod won't affect Steel Bladder, Hardly Hungry, Never Weary, or Independent rewards. They'll still work.

Edited to add: Another update: I will be making 3 versions of this mod: One that lowers decay by 30%, one that lowers decay by 50%, and one that lowers it by 70%. I hope this is good enough to satisfy everyone!
Page 1 of 11