Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Basic Male Briefs *Updated Feb 11th 2018*

by Menaceman44 Posted 15th Oct 2014 at 4:38 PM - Updated 11th Feb 2018 at 12:33 PM by Menaceman44

19 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 6 Feedback Posts, 12 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 15th Oct 2014 at 5:03 PM
Thank you very much i hope you will add a version for male sims kids as well? but great job
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 15th Oct 2014 at 7:20 PM
Great Jobs!!!!! Thanks! :)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 15th Oct 2014 at 8:47 PM
Really nice! Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 16th Oct 2014 at 12:00 AM
Perfect for Walter White. Thank you for this!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 16th Oct 2014 at 1:39 AM
Finally! Basic Briefs! I needed these for my male Sims.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 16th Oct 2014 at 7:31 AM
This is highly desired. Thanks!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#8 Old 16th Oct 2014 at 1:43 PM
Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 6th Dec 2014 at 4:48 AM
Thanks, Love it!
Inventor
THANKS POST
#10 Old 5th Jan 2015 at 3:30 AM
Lovely! Thanks!!
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 30th May 2017 at 11:47 AM
ever since the patch for sims4 the file is broken and no longer showing up in the game even when redownloaded

hello everyone and have a great day
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#12 Old 30th May 2017 at 10:35 PM
I can't reproduce the issue. My game is fully patched and I have JUST installed the Parenting pack and they still appear in my game as they should.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 3rd Jun 2017 at 2:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
I can't reproduce the issue. My game is fully patched and I have JUST installed the Parenting pack and they still appear in my game as they should.

i am including screen shots of the problem from my own game

hello everyone and have a great day
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#14 Old 3rd Jun 2017 at 11:39 AM
I've managed to replicate the issue now. I just have to figure out how to fix it.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#15 Old 4th Jun 2017 at 9:06 PM
These files have now been fixed. Thanks for the report. Please redownload.

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 4th Jun 2017 at 9:11 PM
thank you
Instructor
#17 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 8:55 PM
It could be me, but the thumbnails of most of these briefs are broken? The thumbnails show the missing mesh thumb. Also, the briefs create additional tabs in CAS. It seems to happen with a lot of clothing ever since the toddlers/pets patch. Especially Swimwear and Underwear. With a lot of underwear and swimwear I tend to get two "Underwear" tabs with different icons, and a "Swimsuit" and "Swimwear" category, including with your briefs. I don't know why this happens, or if it's a common issue. This is all after applying batch fixes by the way.

The Sims 4! Weirder Sims! Aren't they weird!? Look how weird they are! Bet you can't wait to see how weird their stories are!?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#18 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 12:08 PM Last edited by Menaceman44 : 11th Feb 2018 at 12:47 PM.
Thanks for the report and for providing a picture. That always helps. I know that I can fix the additional tab issue but I'll have to look into the thumbnail issue.
The extra tab issue is due to the fact that EA altered some of the code for tagging clothing and CC as old as this is still using the old system so it displays both the old tab and the new one.

ETA: I can't replicate the thumbnail issue. The game generates them without issue for me.
I've updated the tags now though so you may wish to download the file again for that and to see if it makes any difference to the thumbnails for you.
If you still have other content with old tags on them though, you will be stuck with the additional tabs issue I'm afraid.
The "Fix Underwear Tags" and "Fix Swimwear Bottom Tags" under the studio batch fixes should fix the issue for you.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 27th Feb 2019 at 5:48 PM
Love this! Keep 'em coming!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 27th Apr 2020 at 2:39 PM
Somebody needs to tell Maxis/EA to bring back regular briefs for the male Sims. Why they just kept the boxer briefs is beyond me.