Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Dec 2014 at 3:42 AM
Default Sims 4 Buff and Trait Factory: questions about icons
Gah, hit enter too soon before. Let's try this again. Ahem.

I've been playing around in The Sims 4 Buff and Trait Factory for a little while, and I've noticed that in the available icons for my Trait, there's a few missing that I'd like to use. They seem to be dialogue-only icons, and I was hoping somebody could help me track down their location.

The first one is the cutoff jeans seen below (because Never Nude), and the second is the Alien face that Sims use when they're cheating at chess and Joking About Aliens. I'm having trouble finding an example of that one, since "Sims 4 alien icon" is apparently too vague, and Google thinks I'm talking about the Alien Sims in Seasons.
Advertisement
Deceased
#2 Old 29th Dec 2014 at 4:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by danburite2
I've been playing around in The Sims 4 Buff and Trait Factory for a little while, and I've noticed that in the available icons for my Trait, there's a few missing that I'd like to use. They seem to be dialogue-only icons, and I was hoping somebody could help me track down their location.

The first one is the cutoff jeans seen below (because Never Nude), and the second is the Alien face that Sims use when they're cheating at chess and Joking About Aliens. I'm having trouble finding an example of that one, since "Sims 4 alien icon" is apparently too vague, and Google thinks I'm talking about the Alien Sims in Seasons.

First, thanks for pointing out that program, I will want to play around with that.

The two icons weren't too hard to track down using grep on the XML extracts and verifying the _IMG instances in s4pe, but I haven't tried them out to see if they'll work in traits like you want. I don't know any reason why they wouldn't, but haven't tried them and have to get to work soon.

The cutoff jeans has a resource instance of 96a83adb77b59610 and the alien is 67d23d7daee99c6a
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Dec 2014 at 11:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
First, thanks for pointing out that program, I will want to play around with that.

The two icons weren't too hard to track down using grep on the XML extracts and verifying the _IMG instances in s4pe, but I haven't tried them out to see if they'll work in traits like you want. I don't know any reason why they wouldn't, but haven't tried them and have to get to work soon.

The cutoff jeans has a resource instance of 96a83adb77b59610 and the alien is 67d23d7daee99c6a

It works perfectly: I was a little unsure they would, simply because the, I guess you'd call it syntax? for the icon instances in the Trait Factory seem completely different to the instances in the actual game. But it works, crash-free and everything!

So, uh, I think I love you.

Here's my WIP, in case anyone is curious:
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 1st Jan 2015 at 3:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by danburite2
It works perfectly: I was a little unsure they would, simply because the, I guess you'd call it syntax? for the icon instances in the Trait Factory seem completely different to the instances in the actual game. But it works, crash-free and everything!

So, uh, I think I love you.

Here's my WIP, in case anyone is curious:

That trait seems really cool--can you make it available for download?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Jan 2015 at 5:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Vinathi
That trait seems really cool--can you make it available for download?

I uploaded it a couple days ago. Still in the cue, ATM.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 12:45 AM
Default ....How do you do what EITHER of you just very vaguely said you did?
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo

I am new to the Buff & Trait Factory and I cannot get any help anywhere. I am trying to make a trait with custom icons but I don't know how to make them. I want to make a trait for my Death Eaters so they will feel confident when around each other but snob-ish and uncomfortable and mean around muggles.

PS I want to make a Muggle trait that has muggles uncomfortable around the BPS Slytherins, Gryffindors, Ravenclaws, Hufflepuffs, and mine Death Eaters.

PLEASE help or at the very least direct to a video tutrorial or to someone that can and will help.