Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No-Drop cabinets / Light Fix for “Vault” and “SCargeaux” | Update: Unlocked Colour Option Fixes

by plasticbox Posted 4th Jan 2015 at 8:21 PM - Updated 19th Oct 2015 at 8:27 AM by plasticbox

32 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 10 Feedback Posts, 21 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 4th Jan 2015 at 8:39 PM
By no drop you mean when you change the camera and the wall tall cabinets disappear right.?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Jan 2015 at 8:53 PM
When you change the camera so that the wall “drops” (goes down, is hidden .. not sure of a better word), yes. See the backside screenshot -- the no-drop cabinets will remain visible from the backside.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 4th Jan 2015 at 11:18 PM
Thank you so very much! These are great! These will make for some wonderful kitchens and work spaces!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#5 Old 5th Jan 2015 at 1:32 AM
Really didn't notice before but I do appreciate that you thought about it and ffixed the cabinets. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 5th Jan 2015 at 2:37 AM
do you plan on adding this to the rest of the cabinets?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 5th Jan 2015 at 4:40 PM
I've been waiting on this I knew you would fix this for us! What would we do without you, plasticbox? Seriously. Thanks!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#8 Old 6th Jan 2015 at 5:27 AM
Thanks so much. These are great.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 7th Jan 2015 at 8:56 AM
this is exactly what i'm looking for. thanks, bro. :)
Test Subject
#10 Old 7th Jan 2015 at 6:28 PM
The mod does not work for me. The cabinets still dissapears when walls are down...
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#11 Old 7th Jan 2015 at 6:55 PM
Did you place them from cabinets or from counters?

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 11th Jan 2015 at 1:34 AM
Thank you very much! Great package design, they are amazing! Thanks for the share, these look great ! I am an old fan of his work!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 17th Jan 2015 at 8:29 PM
thank you very much for your beautiful work charm me, Greetings
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#14 Old 24th Jan 2015 at 10:33 PM
Update: Added the Vault bars, too.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 25th Jan 2015 at 6:38 AM
Wonderful- thnx 4 sharing!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 28th Jan 2015 at 11:59 AM
Thank you so much! :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 9th Feb 2015 at 1:21 PM
Thanks Plasticbox again and again, you just know what to fix! Your works are superb, have enjoyed of them since sims 2.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 19th Feb 2015 at 7:16 PM
This will be handy...thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 10:01 AM
Thank you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 8th Apr 2015 at 4:41 PM
I was so disappointed with how the vault cabinets didn't match. Thank you so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 29th May 2015 at 1:59 PM
Uhh, needed a light fix for the cabinets so much! You're the best! Will you be adding the other cabinets anytime soon?
Field Researcher
#22 Old 23rd Jul 2015 at 7:09 AM
This mod is great, I love it!
I did notice an issue (that maybe that 'catsrus' person above had too?) with the plain s'cargaux cabinet. When I select any of the 'special' ones (like with the plates, or the extra tall one, etc) they stay up instead of dropping as I expected. However the plain 'default' s'cargaux cabinet still disappears leaving a gap in my kitchen.
Just thought I'd let you know.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#23 Old 24th Jul 2015 at 3:08 PM
For me it works. See screenshots -- the one on the left is the "plain" one you mean, yes?

I don't know what could be causing your issue. Have you checked without other CC?

(I believe the issue of the user above was because they were using the regular cabinets.)
Screenshots

Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#24 Old 26th Jul 2015 at 3:54 AM
Interesting. Thanks for checking for me. That is the plain one I meant. I'll investigate further and get back to you.

Man I miss the dashboard that used to tell us when we had CC conflicts. ASFAIK none of my other CC should be impacting this cabinet (90% of my CC is yours... lol) and one of the reasons I thought that the no drop mod just wasn't working was cos the 'plain' Scargaux cabinet doesn't get the 'script call failed' error when I try to recolour it, but all the other cabinets do.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#25 Old 26th Jul 2015 at 4:17 PM
That sounds like something else is overriding that cabinet. Mine is no different from all of the other variants, it also has a long ID (which results in that Script Error until Maxis finally get around and fix that).

Page 1 of 2