Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 2nd Mar 2015 at 12:26 PM
I see knowledge/pleasure or pleasure/knowledge as being close to a creative aspiration. Similar to how popularity/fortune is closest to the power aspiration.

Knowledge definitely doesn't equal stuffy professor

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#27 Old 2nd Mar 2015 at 4:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Yeah, totally. What wants would you think a Creative aspiration would have?

I think it would be dominated by wants to make stuff and develop ideas. Make a painting, make a story, make a piece of music. But creativity, or at leasy artistry, is about communicating/sharing that stuff too so there would be a significant element of performance/communal sharing in there. Give a concert, take part in a poetry reading, publish a book, give an exhibition or exhibit a painting. Talking to your audience is an essential part of it. I'd also include what are sometimes (unfairly perhaps) referred to as the lesser or humbler arts - handicrafts like knitting, sewing, woodcraft, lace-making (I'm a lace-maker) and so on. There are a lot of those and very satisfying it can be. Not to mention the communal aspect of handicrafts can be very productive.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#28 Old 2nd Mar 2015 at 4:33 PM
The thing is, creativity is the basic human quality. All aspirations already include it.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#29 Old 2nd Mar 2015 at 10:11 PM
I'd pick knowledge for at least one because I love knowledge Sims However - I think fortune might be good, seeing that my fortune sims really celebrate when they sell a apple or a orange I'd make at least one of them social if it is a bigger family - somebody has to make some friends too. The family cannot work and study all the time - they would become hermits. Knowlege sims make very good parents, and I never really had a problem with fortune sims not looking after their kids well.

AS for knowledge and creative - I think they go perfectly together - after all, if you want to paint you should study painting techniques, if you want to play music you should study theory and if you want to be a hair dresser you need to a four year course and pass your accountancy and business subjects too
Page 2 of 2