Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 22nd Dec 2015 at 12:37 AM
Update on my wolf pack: The pack seemed to survive winter with only one casualty and a few hunger ridden weeks but it's spring now and the herds are moving back into the reserve so the pack can finally enjoy a nice meal close to home. When Drake and his brother Fin were out hunting they noticed a larger pack, eight wolves strong, from outside the park had started hunting in one of the valley's the elk herds frequent. It would be the third time they've seen them so it's safe to assume they've set up a territory somewhere. Luckily Drake's territory is at the other end of the valley so he's not losing much sleep over their presence, In other news my alpha pair has had their first litter of pups. Scarlet gave birth to five rolling babies in a dense thicket near a river but unfortunately not all of them made it very far. A male cub died shortly after birth and a few days later a female cub rolled into the river and drown. Scarlet moved her three remaining pups to a more secure den she dug in a hillside and they seem to be doing well. More updates to come.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#27 Old 22nd Dec 2015 at 5:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by baf667
I love this idea for a challenge! I've already started playing a wolfpack in my sims game for a while now starting out with three wolves and two juveniles (young wolves), I used a list randomizer with a few random options to start my story off with and this was the one that came up. I haven't really made rules for myself on this one except that everything is left up to the results of my list randomizer so I don't choose what happens I only add a story to it when it come up on the list. My pack goes out on hunts once every day if they happen to find something on the lot like a bird, a deer, a wild horse, a raccoon, etc. I will enter a catch or miss into a list randomizer I have online to add some twist to the plot. If they do not find something on the lot I take it as a loss and either move on or call it a night and try again tomorrow. I also add things like injuries, deaths etc. every time they go out. Something else I do is when they dig I add the option to the randomizer that they can dig something up like a fox kill or an animal that lives under ground, if they do I push up their hunger a little depending on the size of the animal they catch. There are no towns but there are a few hunting lodges in the area. The world is separated by a creek, on one side is the game reserve where my wolf pack and another reside, and on the other side of the river is where the reserve ends and it is legal to hunt wolves and there are two more wolf packs. My pack is relatively safe from hunters on the reserve however in winter food is scarce on this side of the river so my pack has to exit the reserve to hunt, putting them at risk of being poached. I use the list randomizer every time they go out and do something to determine what happens to them. I added various things to my world like small lots with different animals living on them like a bear here and a coyote family here, just to add a little more characters to my scenery. I sometimes find them near the lakes or fields my pack goes to so it adds to the drama. I also randomly see a wolf or two from other packs so I add options of what can happen to the randomizer, pretty much I randomize everything so I'm always on my toes

The backstory to my pack is this; Two brothers, Drake and Fin, were separated from what was left of their pack when hunters ascended on the pack while they were out hunting in an open field. Fin is the older of the two brothers and is the wiser, cautious type whereas Drake is much larger than his brother and is the more dominant and aggressive of the two. They found their way onto the game reserve and ended up finding a gray female named Scarlet and her two younger brothers. They were separated from their parents during a takeover from a much larger rival pack. The two younger wolves are almost a year old but still need the training and security of a pack so Scarlet has been caring for them. She started tagging along with Drake and Fin and eventually chose Drake as her mate. In the hierarchy of the pack Drake and Scarlet are the Alpha pair, Fin is the Beta, one of the brothers Kekoa is a subordinate (midranking wolf), and Kai is the packs omega wolf. So far there has been one death in the pack, shortly after the pups turned a year Kekoa wandered off following a butterfly and didn't return. They later found his body in the woods, it looked like something had killed him, they assumed a bear or a mountain lion. So now there's only the four wolves in my pack remaining. Spring is on it's way and that means there will be pups arriving soon, super excited for this. That's all I've got so far but I'll keep you all updated
I absolutely LOVE IT!!!! The backstpry is brilliant and the fact you added in deaths and catching creatures! Make sure you keep us updated though! Id love to see what else happens! )
Test Subject
#28 Old 23rd Dec 2015 at 12:55 PM
@simsample- thanks. Strange, when I follow the link on that page under General
Getting started in Create a World (CAW) http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=382538

I see message:

lidalisova, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

If you are trying to access a download, it may have been removed by the Creator or by the Staff for policy violations or a number of other reasons.
Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account from accessing this area.

Am I not allowed to view Getting started in Create a World (CAW) topic?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#29 Old 23rd Dec 2015 at 3:21 PM
Test Subject
#30 Old 24th Dec 2015 at 7:56 PM Last edited by Kairabugz : 24th Dec 2015 at 10:42 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Caitlinslash02
@kairabugz your pup is so beautiful!!! I love it that some people have started up this challenge

thanks I'm continuing the challenge now since I haven't played in a while and I've found a new food system
Find a 6 sided die (in real life or online)

To catch somting that is 4 or above you must have at least 6 wolves in a hunting party if there are less than that and they try to go after something 4 or above there is more of a chance for injury if you roll a small number 1 to 2 you must roll again for a larger number

1 is a squirrel or any small rodent this will fill a little bit of one wolf's hunger and a quarter of a pups hunger (Roll the die again to see how many your wolves get)
2 is a beaver or any large rodent/bird (Turkey, present, Etc.) again roll the die to see how many they catch one fills a little less than a quarter of one wolf's hunger and half of a pups
3 Fawn/injured/old deer roll again 1 is fawn 3 is injured and 6 is old fawn fills a quarter for an adult and full hunger for a pup, injured and old fills half fawn will only feed I to 2 wolves and the adults will feed 3 or 4
4 Buck This is harder to catch and fill half hunger 3 to 4 can eat
5 Moose This is rare and risky to try to catch fills full hunger 4 to 5 can eat roll again if the number is 5 or above you catch it if it is 4 or below, it escapes
6 Bison this is very rare and extremely dangerous to catch all the wolves can eat in a small pack (4 to 5 wolves) and feeds 6 to 7 in a larger pack (6 to any number) roll again if the number is 5 or above you catch it if it is 4 or below, it escapes

If you catch or try to catch a buck, moose or bison there is a chance for injury
1 no injuries
2 small cut, wolf must rest for a bout an hour
3 large cut, wolf must rest for a day
4 deep cut, may be fatal, wolf must rest for 4 days roll the die again if you get a 5 or a 6 the wolf dies
5 broken paw/leg wolf must rest for a full season (if you have the seasons expansion) or 7 days
6 broken neck/spine the wolf dies
Test Subject
#31 Old 25th Dec 2015 at 12:46 AM
Default Update
A raccoon wandered into the den while zing and Bone were out hunting. Misu fought it and it beat her and she got a small cut from it. Zing fought it and also lost receiving a small cut then her beat it and killed it getting another small cut. They also managed to catch a Fawn and 5 turkeys, a lucky hunt. They also found a brown wolf wandering around the territory and she joined the pack. Her name is Yui. Bone has taken a liking to her and wants to have pups (is that aloud? In wolf packs usually only the alphas have pups, let me know if the beta can have pups)
Test Subject
#32 Old 25th Dec 2015 at 2:33 AM
Default Update
Misu had another litter of two pups but they both sadly died (Aka one looked weird so I tried to delete it but deleted the wrong one so both had to be deleted) A hunting party consisting of Zing, Bone and Yui took the risky move of trying to take down a buck. They failed at catching it and Yui broke her paw so she will be unable to hunt. (All of this was decided by the dice) Zing and Bone continued to hunt and caught four small rodents and an injured deer
Test Subject
#33 Old 26th Dec 2015 at 5:38 AM
wow I really like your dice idea I can't wait to see what's happened next in your pack! As for your question about the beta's having pups. I'm not an expert but typically in a real wolf pack this wouldn't happen because the dominant female won't allow any other females to mate and the dominant male wont allow any other males to mate, which is why the dominant pair are the only ones to have puppies. If two other wolves in the pack managed to sneak off and mate I think they'd be scolded but not exiled or harmed. Also if the female bore puppies they would not be shunned/killed nor would the two wolves. There's a documentary on a wolf called Black Wolf and he wasn't a part of the pack but managed to impregnate one of the alpha's daughters in secret and she raised her pups in the pack but black wolf was never accepted and would be chased away if the pack caught him sneaking around. So it's definitely possible for another member of a pack to get pregnant but like I said it typically doesn't happen because of the dominant male and female keeping the others from doing so. Also in a real wolf pack most if not all the members of a pack are related and female wolves won't inbreed, I'm not sure how but they seem to have a natural instinct not to, something dogs do not have >_> I honestly think it's a survival thing, like it's not in their best interest to breed with a related male because the puppies could turn out weak such as if they bred with a weaker wolf, also why only two wolves typically breed in a pack (the "strongest" of the wolves in the pack) you can see it all over nature where animals choose the healthier and "stronger" partner to pair off with; the suitor who can best promise the survival of their offspring. But I would imagine if two unrelated wolves in the same pack took a liking to one another they'd disperse from the pack and start their own. Again I'm not an expert but this is based on what I at least have learned :/
Test Subject
#34 Old 26th Dec 2015 at 6:08 AM
A lot has happened with the pack, the puppies are growing like weeds and spring is transitioning into summer. Scarlet already weaned the pups and they are now strictly eating the meat their parents bring them. They're still not old enough to follow their parents out on hunts but their personalities are really coming to light. The gray female is very inquisitive and curious, but she's very much a momma's girl and follows her mother anywhere she can. The tawny male is very boisterous and playful while his black pelted brother, who's the runt of the litter, is very reserved and independent. While his brother and sister play he seems perfectly content wandering off to explore or sleeping off on his own. He joins in the pack activities still and will play with his siblings from time to time but really just seems more of a free spirit. I'm thinking he might end up dispersing when he grows old enough, but that's just a hunch. (the pups personalities are based solely on how they act and things they do in game, also how they interact with the other members of the pack)
In other news the pack made two hunting trips in the past two days, their first trip was a miss although they did manage to find a coyote den which they did raid but found nothing inside. Their second hunt they killed a doe whitetail deer which satisfied the pack but fed the pups. With their pups appetites growing they're starting to attempt to take on bigger prey. They stalked an elk herd and after a lot of work they managed to take down a doe elk but lost it to a male grizzly before they could really get anything from it.
note: I made all the animals, minus the ones that come with pets, in game that I mention and placed them on random small lots around the map the "populate" the area with more wildlife, so they are actually encountering these animals.
Test Subject
#35 Old 26th Dec 2015 at 9:17 PM
Default Update
Misu is going to have another litter soon. Fall is on the way so she's a bit worried. The pack is doing good, and are saving up food for winter. They currently have 3 fawns, 13 turkeys, 2 squirrels and a deer. Zing decided that he wanted to play in a puddle out of sight of the other wolves.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#36 Old 26th Dec 2015 at 11:29 PM
Default Update
Misu has had her litter, one pup which she named Blerin. He looks really cool and his pelt is way different than Shiro's. They will probably fight a lot for the higher pack positions! Bone won't be happy about it but in this pack the alpha's oldest or strongest pup gets the beta position.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#37 Old 27th Dec 2015 at 4:47 PM
With summer finally here the temperatures are hitting an all time high. The pack spends most of the day under the shade of the trees while the pups play in the river to stay cool. The hunts are proving to be a little more difficult now that they're hunting elk rather than deer but they're slowly growing accustom to it and gaining the strength to take down a doe elk every so often. The pack got lucky and stumbled across an older bull elk who had badly broken his leg, they were able to take him down without much fuss but Fin got injured. The small puncture wound in his shoulder was a lucky break compared to what it could have been but unfortunately it hinders the pack especially since Fin and his brother Drake make a dynamic duo when on the hunt.
In other news; the pack had a run in with a younger wolf from another pack in one of the meadows within their territory, Kai the omega seemed very interested in her and wanted to play but Drake and Scarlet were not having it. They chased the wolf to the edge of their territory and managed to inflict some nasty wounds before it slipped away through the river and back across the valley.
Test Subject
#38 Old 28th Dec 2015 at 6:44 AM
Default Update
Bone and Yui have had a litter and Zing isn't happy about it but he knows that more pups will make his pack stronger. They had a little girl (finally!) which they named Ancha. She looks SO beautiful. Bone and Zing aren't related so maybe Shiro or Blerin will be mates with her one day! Fall is only 3 days away and the pack will have to work hard to make sure all the pups will be fed. They haven't hunted in a while and their food store is dwindling. It will be hard to hunt with only 2 wolves who are not mothers.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#39 Old 29th Dec 2015 at 4:36 AM
Default Update
Blerin is randomly being startled then I click on him to see if hes sleeping yet and hes in a boat! Blerin is being Pupnapped!!!!
Screenshots
Test Subject
#40 Old 29th Dec 2015 at 6:50 PM
Default Update
Blerin made it home and got a huge scolding from his parents! Shiro Aged up to an adult and has taken the position of Beta from Bone much to his distaste.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#41 Old 16th Jan 2016 at 7:49 AM Last edited by baf667 : 16th Jan 2016 at 8:05 AM.
With the weeks flying by the pups are growing up faster everyday and are now completely on a meat diet, which means their appetites are growing as well. It's been rough on the pack and with a sudden influx of bear activity in the lowlands it's getting even harder to hold a carcass after they make a kill, resulting in several hungry nights. The pups are starting to tag along every once in a while with the adults to watch and learn from the hunt, but so far they're more interested in attacking each other or wandering off than watching their parents, although the little female still keeps a close eye on her mother. Luckily Fin is an outstanding pup sitter, even sometimes watching them more than their own mother. Drake on the other hand is perfectly content playing with them for a few minutes before he saunters off to take care of alpha business, taking on little to no responsibilities in baby sitting. The pups personalities blossom even more every day. Even though Susi, the gray female, is still very attached to her mother, she's starting to get a sort of spunk and an attitude that she never had before. Her brother Lakota, the tawny male, is very easy going and playful while his brother Amoux, the black male, is still always up for an adventure but is starting to claim his space during meal time among his siblings. Amoux is definitely his fathers son.
As for the other pack members, Drake is feeling the strain to provide for his family while the pressure of a new pack in the area is constantly looming. So far the other pack hasn't come into their territory but Drake's seen them from time to time hunting, he also saw the young wolf they attacked a few days later, she looked pretty beat up but seemed to be recovering. Fin has his hands full with the pups as he's the official babysitter. Aside from raising Scarlets pups Fin is also teaching Kai, the omega, a thing or two. Being only a little over a year Kai is still very much a puppy and hasn't really come out of it yet although he's begun to pull his weight during the hunt. One step at a time. Scarlet finally free from milk dependent puppies, is enjoying her new found independence and leaves her pups in Fins capable paws more often now.
Test Subject
#42 Old 22nd Jan 2016 at 4:12 PM
Default Update
Yui had a litter of two boys who are named Dante and Shandie. Ancha and Blerin Aged up to adults and they are beautiful and very different from each other.
Test Subject
#43 Old 22nd Jan 2016 at 7:18 PM
Default Update
Misu had a litter of two females (Yay!!). Their names are Tria and Manidana.
Test Subject
#44 Old 27th Jan 2016 at 7:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Caitlinslash02
Hey guys! I am Caitlinslash02, and I am relatively to MTS! This is my FIRST EVER challenge!
I am so so so sorry if anyone else has a similar challenge but hey, lets get into the challenge
CUSTOM CONTENT WARNING

You are a wolf, moving into a new territory with your wolf mate. Being the only wolves in the area, you have the need to reproduce and make this territory stand out as a wolf - infested town. The more generations produced, the better. Being a wolf, your sim would be quite aggressive to humans and would tend to either attack them, or run away before they got a chance to call the local wild animal hunter, which in turn would cause game over.

Basics:
You might be wondering how to make a wolf, well simply just enter a deserted world (I will put a link down the bottom for you to download a world into your game) and you have two options..

Option 1: Make a sim. Randomize them, name, traits, looks and all and when you get into your town, create/move into a lot (in this downloadable town,which you can download if you click on the link near the bottom, you would have to create a lot to live on) and make a basement on the lot. Nothing else. You will need to put the necessary living needs in it, (for example, a fridge, counter, sink, toilet, shower, bed ect) and just leave your sim to get on with their basement lives and just control the wolves

Option 2: Make a sim, again randomize them and add your new family into a world. make sure you have testingcheatsenabled on and then shift click on the sim >> object >> delete. Simple, The only thing is that when one of your wolves die, a person will comr and take away the animals because there is no sim...so I would do the same on elder wolves shift click, object, delete when it is a day or two before it dies just so your game doesn't get ruined D: Belive me, its happened to me before ;-; it ruined everything..

You can either make your own wolf or I will include a link down below, under the world link to a downloadable wolf

Eating and keeping your wolves alive
To keep your wolves alive you obviously need to eat....well adult and elder wolves can refill their hunger bar by drinking from ponds/lakes/the sea. However, pups cannot..i recommend when your wolves have given birth, stay on the home lot and use the buydebug on cheat to buy bottomless pet bowls and keep your wolves on your home lot until the pups have grown up into adults.

Rules
THERE ARE NO RULES YAY]
If you would rather have a set of rules to follow by....make your own
You can cheat up the pups hunger if you think they are going to die by dragging up the hunger bar when testingcheatsenabled is on
You can teleport the pups if you feel you are being cruel by making them drag themselves all around the map xD
You can use ANY money cheats!

AND HAVE FUN! ANY QUESTIONS, JOLT THEM DOWN BELOW AND I'LL ANSWER ASAP!

Wolves:
http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail...assetId=6422960 <---- THE WHITE/CREAM WOLF
http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail...assetId=6392908 < ------- THE BLACK/ DARK BROWN WOLF
http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail...assetId=6389333 <----- THE MULTI-COLOUR (BROWN,CREAM AND BLACK TIMBER WOLF) my fave xD

World:
You guys can use whatever world you want but I highly recommend this one.
BTW: you will need to create a lot for it, so just go into world editor before you create a family and make a lot ready to move onto.
http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail...assetId=5163025

TO DOWNLOAD THE WORLDS/WOLVES ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS CLICK THE ADD TO GAME BUTTON AND HAVE YOUR SIMS LAUNCHER OPENED, WHEN THE CHOSEN THING IS DIWNLOADED IT WILL APEAR ON YOUR DOWNLOAD LIST ON YOUR LAUNCHER, CHECK BEFORE YOU LOAD UP SIMS JUST IN CASE BUT 99.9% OF THE TIME IT WILL SHOW WITH A BAG AND A BLUE ARROW POINTING TO IT.
WHEN YOU LOAD UP YOUR SIMS, JUST GO TO NEW GAME AND SELECT THE CHOSEN WORLD! THE CHOSEN WORLD WILL BE CALLED 'Wolf Creek' THE WORLD IS AMAZING GUYS! I TOTALLY RECCOMMEND IT!

TO SELECT YOUR WOLVES YOU WOULD NEED TO GO TO PRE MADE SIMS AND JUST SCROLL DOWN THE LIST THAT POPS UP UNTIL YOU FIND IT IN THE LIST, THEN SELECT IT AND CLICK THE ARROW, THEN YOU ARE READY TO GOOOOOOO

How do I download them?? I don't have an account on that other site, and I lost the Sims 3 pets and Sims 3 code. Aaargh! How do I download! Please help. >.<
Test Subject
#45 Old 13th Feb 2016 at 4:33 PM
Default Pictures of my pack
Here's some pics of my pack so you can all see what they all look like

Alphess Scarlet

Alpha Drake

Beta Fin (Drake's older brother)

and Omega Kai
Test Subject
#46 Old 6th Mar 2016 at 4:31 AM
What do you mean?
Test Subject
#47 Old 13th Mar 2016 at 5:07 AM
Default Update
So Many things happened! Ancha became mates with Shiro after having tree male pups Shadow, Bandit and Hiro. Zing, Misu, Bone and Yui all became elders. Shiro and Ancha have become the alphas while Blerin became Beta. Yui decide that she wanted to fill the position of Omega and Shiro and Ancha respected her decision.

My pack:
F = Female M = Male
Alphas: Shiro M and Ancha F

Beta: Blerin M

Pups:
Misu F and Zing M:
Tria F
Manidana F

Yui and Bone:
Dante M
Shandie M

Shiro M and Ancha F:
Shadow M
Bandit M
Hiro M

Elders:
Zing M
Misu F
Bone M

Omega: Yui F
Test Subject
#48 Old 28th Jun 2016 at 8:38 AM Last edited by baf667 : 28th Jun 2016 at 4:27 PM.
So it's been a while since I posted here last but time flies by back with the wolf pack. Last time we saw them the pack had finally weaned the pups onto meat and were dragging them along with them on short distance hunts. The pups are now 7 months old and proving more challenging for the adults to look after now that they're bigger and more independent. However they're starting to become model pupils always implementing what they've observed on one another, but they still have the attention span of a flea. Bigger pups means bigger mouths to feed and the three of them eat quite a lot for their age, always demanding the adults bring in larger game which is proving difficult. Due to the sudden drought the herds have moved further inland toward the fresh water streams that flow further north of the valley, This change means the pack has to travel further to hunt, often times venturing out of their territory a ways or getting by on small game. But with hunting season around the corner and the large pack roaming about Drake never ventures far from his boarders if he can help it.
Kai is finally proving to be a valuable hunter to the pack and the pressure is on after Scarlet was injured on one of the hunts and will be resting for the next few days. Unfortunately a few days ago Drake led the pack a little too close to the edge of the valley where a few farms reside and young Susi was shot. Her curiosity got the best of her and she ran over to a fence line with her brothers to take a closer look at the odd looking animals on the other side, a lesson they learned at a cost. The pack is really feeling the loss but Drake has to pick himself up and continue to fight to feed his family, no matter what it takes. On an positive note Drake, Fin, and Kai were able to take down a large elk which filled the packs bellies for the first time in a while. However bleak things might seems life must go on and the pack settles down tonight, after singing a soulful song, ready to take on the next day and all it has to offer.
Test Subject
#49 Old 28th Jun 2016 at 7:34 PM
So I thought I'd post this and see what you guys think. I made a generator which basically randomizes possibly outcomes for a pack when out on the hunt. I had to shorten some of the phrases because it wasn't showing all the words for some reason but I'm still working out all the bugs. Anyways this is what use for my game and it's set to hard hence why it's so difficult for my pack to get by but in real life it's not easy for wolves out there Lemme know what you guys think!

http://www.generatorland.com/userge...r.aspx?id=14178
Test Subject
#50 Old 2nd Jul 2016 at 12:49 AM
The weather was warm today with a slight bit of rain which Lakota and Amoux thoroughly enjoyed. While the pack was coming back from a hunting trip they came across and eventually killed a dispersal female who wandered into their territory. The female began to approach Scarlett and the pups before she was attacked. The stranger must have not seen the rest of the pack coming up the hill, but Scarlett was quick to charge in defense of her young boys and once the rest of the pack joined in they dispelled the threat quickly. It was the first time the pups had seen another wolf outside of their pack and the first time they witnessed how their parents deal with intruders.
Kai was severely injured when he got a bit too cocky during a hunt and was trampled by an elk. It's a tough set been for the pack because even though Scarlett is able to help with the hunt again she's not entirely back to her full potential after she was injured a few weeks ago.
The remaining pups are growing fast and made their first kill on their own, first they managed to unearth a ground squirrel, then they caught a rabbit their father injured for them, and finally they happened upon a field mouse trapped in a hollow log. All small game of course but they're slowly honing the hunting skills they'll need as adults.
Page 2 of 3