Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 8:59 AM
Default The best smell in the world (to you)
What's your favorite smell?

A few years ago it was my son's hair, after a bath, when he was about 3.

Now it's how the air smells after a thunder storm.

what about you?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 9:36 AM
Peach scented soap or dark chocolate.

Avatar model: Shi Gaik Lan / Atroxia "Jade Orchid" Lion (Source: Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires).
The Four Stars (Table of Content)
Mekageddon, the Interactive Story. (Remake Discussion) (Dev Tumblr)
Instructor
#3 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 10:16 AM
Flowers, undoubtedly. My favorites are probably lily of the valley, honeysuckle, jasmine, hyacinth, lavender, lilac and orange blossoms. Have you ever seen the movie (or read the book) The Secret Garden? I would love to own a place like this:

I quite agree with you on the magical smell of storms. Even when the rain hasn't come down yet, but the clouds are building up, you hear thunders in the distance, the air is electric and chill, and for some reason you can already smell the moist ground...

Me, me, me against them, me against enemies, me against friends, somehow they all seem to become one, a sea full of sharks and they all smell blood.
Instructor
#4 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 10:27 AM
I love the smell of petrol. (Don't judge me :p)
I also love the smell of freshly baked bread :lovestruc
Inventor
#5 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 11:58 AM
I like lavender and rose.

also petrol.

'You're a pretty pair of babies, playing with your live doll' Mrs Higgins, My fair Lady
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 1:30 PM
I like a lot of smells from petrol and paint to rose petals - I was thinking about the smell of Play-doh the other day (do you get that in the States?). I think I'd probably have to say coffee - fresh coffee - for a favourite though since that's the smell I enjoy most often.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Alchemist
#7 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 2:09 PM
The smell of my girlfriend when she hugs me after not seeing her for a couple of days.
The smell after its been raining.
The smell of my top that my girlfriend sleeps in.

Whatever people consider to be normal, it never is.
My Simblr
My Youtube
Theorist
#9 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 2:48 PM
Burgers on the grill, garlic-heavy food being cooked.

Resident wet blanket.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 3:53 PM
Lavender (from my garden), bread (in the oven), a man (in my bed). The scent of a man, eating fresh bread, holding lavender, in the rain.....ooooooooo a good day to die.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#11 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 4:58 PM
Chocolate, caramel, and pretty much anything sweet (but not stuff with sweeteners in - I can usually tell the difference even on the smell). For soaps and the like, I prefer lemon, orange and lime - not a lot of ways to go wrong with those...
#12 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 5:35 PM
Good Barbeque.

I read somewhere that smells can be associated with memories. I guess I got pretty Pavlov with Barbeque.

Music works that way with me too. I've found that I just can't bring myself to listen to the music that I've listened too when my son died. It was comforting at the time and I like the music. Now I can't turn it off fast enough.
Theorist
#13 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 5:59 PM
Ooh that smell. Can't you smell that smell?

Quote: Originally posted by stuart-grey
I read somewhere that smells can be associated with memories.

Yes, I think that's true.
It's happened to me a couple of times when I visited a place I hadn't been to in years, and immediately recognized the associated smells.
A few years ago, someone even tried making an alarm clock that emitted smells instead of noise, because people tend to react much more to scents than other stimuli.
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 6:15 PM
Amber Romance by Victoria's Secret.

Not even kidding here. I had a tiny bottle of it when I was little child and sprayed my favorite doll with it (Princess Serena from Sailor Moon). To this day, if I ever get a whiff of it, I'm instantly transported to being nine years old and opening her on Christmas / playing with her as a kid.

Not-so-daily TS2 downloads @ my simblr.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#15 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 7:14 PM
Babies right after a bath - and I do mean babies, not kids, not my mostly-grown-up kids. My kids -do- smell good after they take a shower of course, but there's nothing like the smell of a tiny baby all freshly bathed and swaddled up in their little blanket.
Freshly mowed grass - awesome smell, nice and fresh.. even if it does make me sneeze.
Rain - a nice gentle rain, not a raging storm. I like to open the windows when it's just a nice, soft rain. It smells so fresh.
Pure vanilla extract - and I don't even know why, lol. There's no memory associated with it, I just like it. And since my favorite body wash is Warm Vanilla Sugar, I tend to smell like vanilla quite often.
Scholar
#16 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 9:51 PM
I love the smells of rain, the ocean, damp earth, the inside of caves, freshly baked bread, decaying leaves in the fall, campfires, old books and new books, and car air conditioning. I also oddly like the smell of mildew, though it makes me sneeze.

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
bleed-in-ink.tumblr.com
Mad Poster
#17 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 10:20 PM
Can I just copy Effie's list? (Maybe minus the car AC and mildew ) I also really love the smell of trail dust... one of those smells that instantly puts me mentally in a different place.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 10:40 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 11th Apr 2015 at 11:42 AM.
The scent of favorite foods cooked by a loved one, the scent of rain as it is falling OR the scent of regular bar soap after it is rinsed off a body.

Ideal scenario: Spending an autumn day with someone who can meet my stringent standards for men (they must be like my dad to pass). He'd cook my favorite foods, he just showered not that long ago and we would smell the rain while we took an after dinner walk. :lovestruc

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Mad Poster
#19 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 10:41 PM
A clean barn, warm with animals; the hay, the animals..such a good, earthy, "tasty" smell.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Top Secret Researcher
#20 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 11:19 PM
I also love the smell of old novels / pages. My God. Just leave me in a public library to die, please.

Not-so-daily TS2 downloads @ my simblr.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#21 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 11:26 PM Last edited by fairycake89 : 11th Apr 2015 at 4:40 AM.
Wow guys, lots of amazing smells! So many of us like the 'after the rain' smell it's a small wonder no one has ever thought about bottling it
Quote: Originally posted by Gabrymato
Have you ever seen the movie (or read the book) The Secret Garden?

@Gabrymato I think I must have read The Secret Garden too many times to count when I was young - It was somewhere I wanted to go and wanted to believe in so very badly. Another was 'Tom's Midnight Garden' and to this day I still hopefully wait for a grandfather clock somewhere to strike 13

Orange blossom - now there's a smell to conjure with! :lovestruc
Theorist
#22 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 11:38 PM
My own farts. They don't stink, because I am made of rainbows and awesomeness.
Scholar
#23 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 11:55 PM
Home. Home has a smell that can only be smelled if you haven't been home in a while. Also the smell of the clothes that I borrow of the parentals or sibling. Its weird how when you borrow people's stuff and then wash it, it still somehow smells of them.
Good food. You know the kind that gently wafts over to your nose, makes you hungry and happy at the same time? Then you see the food and you're all Aaaaaaaa!

I also like the smell of the lazer cutter at school, when its cuts acrylic
Instructor
#24 Old 11th Apr 2015 at 1:16 AM
I love the smell of violet. There is no better smell then violet for me. They are blooming now so I am currently a very happy Crow
Test Subject
#25 Old 11th Apr 2015 at 2:37 AM
The smell of when you are baking chocolate cake 🍰🍰🎂🎂🍫🍫🍫
Page 1 of 3