Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Packing Crates for TS4

by scumbumbo Posted 14th Jun 2015 at 9:16 AM - Updated 1st Mar 2019 at 2:54 AM by scumbumbo : Bug-fixes for Feb 21, 2019 Game Patch

315 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 222 Feedback Posts, 92 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 8 of 13
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#176 Old 4th Mar 2016 at 10:43 PM
looks like a good addition.
Test Subject
#177 Old 10th Mar 2016 at 3:00 AM
Default "Object Not Owned By Household."
So obviously when I first shift-clicked the mailbox and saw "Set Object As Head", I clicked it. And then after seeing a gigantic mailbox on my Sim's head, I freaked out and shift-clicked it, pressing "Reset Object (Debug)". The object on her head was then placed beside her, outside of my property and out of my control. Because of this, I couldn't move this huge mailbox or delete it.

But my problem is that I got this mod specifically because I heard you could pick up objects out of the world and place them in the box to move them. If not, then that's fine; I was just misinformed, then. But if so, is it specifically with mailboxes that this happens, or is it with all items that could possibly be "owned" by a non-existent Sim? Hovering over the option to pack the mailbox in a crate tells me that the "Object (is) Not Owned By Household." Even though the object was an original copy of my family's mailbox, it would still be considered to be mine....right? If this mod can't help me....does anyone know what can? I don't want to be stuck in a world where a giant horizontal mailbox is pointing at my Sim's house!!
Deceased
Original Poster
#178 Old 10th Mar 2016 at 5:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by smw190098
So obviously when I first shift-clicked the mailbox and saw "Set Object As Head", I clicked it. And then after seeing a gigantic mailbox on my Sim's head, I freaked out and shift-clicked it, pressing "Reset Object (Debug)". The object on her head was then placed beside her, outside of my property and out of my control. Because of this, I couldn't move this huge mailbox or delete it.

Probably your easiest recourse is to install the enable advanced debug/cheat interactions mod (it sounds like you already have it installed) and then use "Destroy Object (Debug)". Or alternatively you can use the "Debug: Claim Ownership" to make your Sim own the item and then you can pack it into a crate.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#179 Old 11th Mar 2016 at 2:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
Probably your easiest recourse is to install the enable advanced debug/cheat interactions mod (it sounds like you already have it installed) and then use "Destroy Object (Debug)". Or alternatively you can use the "Debug: Claim Ownership" to make your Sim own the item and then you can pack it into a crate.

Oh my god, thank you. I didn't expect to get help so quickly! You're a lifesaver.
Test Subject
#180 Old 24th Mar 2016 at 9:10 PM Last edited by dmeyers63 : 24th Mar 2016 at 9:14 PM. Reason: pushed enter accidently
http://hopeandhollyhocks.tumblr.com/image/141546859787 This is such a great piece of custom content. I am having some trouble tho as I had my sims unknowingly unpack the crate in the world instead of on their gridded property. I didnt discover the problem until I went to Buy Mode. Now I cant delete anything that was in the trunk. Anyone have any idea how I can fix this problem as things are a cluttery mess in the world there now.
Mad Poster
#181 Old 25th Mar 2016 at 12:10 AM
Is it not possible to repack the crate at all?

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Test Subject
#182 Old 25th Mar 2016 at 4:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
Is it not possible to repack the crate at all?

No I cant repack the crate. That was my first idea. I can click on the crate to enable or disable packing. While enabled it does give me the option on each item to "pack in crate" but it doesnt add the item to the crate .
Deceased
Original Poster
#183 Old 2nd Apr 2016 at 6:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dmeyers63
No I cant repack the crate. That was my first idea. I can click on the crate to enable or disable packing. While enabled it does give me the option on each item to "pack in crate" but it doesnt add the item to the crate .

The crate itself needs to be on the lot in order for the scripts to find an available crate, so you should just need to pick up the crate and move that item onto your lot. Then you should be able to click those items outside the lot and add them to the crate.
Test Subject
#184 Old 4th Apr 2016 at 4:11 PM
Thanks for all your work on this! I had a thought/question. Does the packing crate work for trees/plants? Is that something that would be possible? It would be so cool to be able to put plants in your sims' inventory and then place them outside of the build-able areas, like between lots, on the beach, etc. Thoughts? :lovestruc
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#185 Old 3rd Jul 2016 at 8:58 PM
This mod was one of my favorites. Unfortunately, the June 2016 patch broke it so that when used in the game, it messes with the CAS resources of all of my Sims (no pictures of any households show up on the edit household screen under Manage Households though the names do).
Test Subject
#186 Old 12th Jul 2016 at 2:51 AM
Can you update this mod please?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#187 Old 23rd Jul 2016 at 2:59 PM
Will this mod be updated? It is great, but I can't use it, at the moment. Thank you.
Test Subject
#188 Old 27th Jul 2016 at 4:09 PM
it works for me in all ways but i cant put objects into it at all, there is not the option to put it there
Lab Assistant
#189 Old 14th Aug 2016 at 1:12 PM
nuts. i was hoping it would still work all those replies before the last three were so good. Is this deprecated or does it need to be updated, I would love to have this!
Test Subject
#190 Old 16th Oct 2016 at 8:20 PM
Seems to still be working properly for me.
Test Subject
#191 Old 28th Oct 2016 at 3:19 AM
FYI, this mod was broken by the 10/27/16 patch.
Test Subject
#192 Old 28th Oct 2016 at 3:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pixiejuice
FYI, this mod was broken by the 10/27/16 patch.

Same here. Infinite loading screen when loading a family.
I hope you can fix this... I really love this mod
Test Subject
#193 Old 28th Oct 2016 at 5:30 PM
Same here! Game works fine now with the mod removed.
Test Subject
#194 Old 31st Oct 2016 at 1:23 PM
Won't stop loading
Hi!
I got some problems with the mod, well one problem. I can start the game and be in the "townsview" in the beginning, but when I try to open a household, it won't stop loading and I can't play. The problem vanished when I deleted the mod, so I know/think it's because of it.
I have mods and mod scripts enabled and I installed it correctly. The only mod I have installed is a No mosaic mod, I don't think they affect each other...
I wonder if it might be that the mod doesn't work with my patch version or one of the games?? Maybee... I have patch version: 1.24.102.1020 ( I have the base game, chistmas extra and Get to work).
I really hope that you can help me, and others if they have the same problem.
I really LOVE this idea! Being able to take your stuff with you when you move out. It's a pain when they can't...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#195 Old 1st Nov 2016 at 5:30 AM
Hope you fix this soon! Used this a lot to add some depth to my worlds.
Test Subject
#196 Old 5th Nov 2016 at 1:12 PM
I had the same problem it just kept loading when I went to play a sim :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#197 Old 6th Nov 2016 at 1:00 AM
I really really hope someone will update this mod. It was the only reliable way for us to add objects to our open neighborhood space in TS4 (since the "set as head" cheat enlarges and shrinks objects unexpectedly, while the packing crate was always perfect!) and I already miss it dearly.
Test Subject
#198 Old 5th Dec 2016 at 6:10 PM
Doesn't work anymore
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#199 Old 8th Jan 2017 at 3:13 AM
hi! i used to love this mod. I've been reading the latest comments and saw the original creator replied not long ago. But he didn't stated if he was planning to update this mod in particular. I would like to know that, or if another creator picked this one? Thanks!
Test Subject
#200 Old 13th Jan 2017 at 5:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emsev
Hi!
I got some problems with the mod, well one problem. I can start the game and be in the "townsview" in the beginning, but when I try to open a household, it won't stop loading and I can't play. The problem vanished when I deleted the mod, so I know/think it's because of it.
I have mods and mod scripts enabled and I installed it correctly. The only mod I have installed is a No mosaic mod, I don't think they affect each other...
I wonder if it might be that the mod doesn't work with my patch version or one of the games?? Maybee... I have patch version: 1.24.102.1020 ( I have the base game, chistmas extra and Get to work).
I really hope that you can help me, and others if they have the same problem.
I really LOVE this idea! Being able to take your stuff with you when you move out. It's a pain when they can't...

Yess, I am having the same problem. I've got 40 mods, Sim's house wouldn't load and after a time-consuming session isolating all my different mods, found the problem was this Packing Crate mod which, once removed, meant the Sim's house could load up. An update soon would be great as I'm unable to use this mod until then.
Page 8 of 13