Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#26 Old 25th Aug 2015 at 9:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DizzyBoo
I love you

And I love you, random citizen!
Advertisement
Instructor
#27 Old 26th Aug 2015 at 1:45 AM
I am in the process of verifying alibis and eliminating suspects. LOVE the well-developed characters, their fascinating relationships, the tightly interwoven back stories and intense complexity of the over-arching storyline. Wow, this is a magnum opus, maxon! Delightful!

Find all of my Challenges in MTS Sims 2 Challenges "Ye Olde" Section:
Vllygrl's By George! Regency Play Style/Challenge; Regency/Victorian ROS;
The Medieval Charter Challenge & ROS for MCC;
The Crown of Laurels Challenge; & Besieged! New Medieval Challenge & Medieval ROS.
Instructor
#28 Old 26th Aug 2015 at 2:46 AM
So, the anticipation of starting to play this hood was about the only thing that got me through work today... and now I feel like I barely got to delve into it at all, grrrr!!! I'm having fun trying to tackle this mystery. I only just started with all the statements, so I know I'm only at the beginning, and it's still so overwhelmingly good!! Can't wait until Friday when I'll have more time

I haven't even met a lot of the characters yet, but there's one I'm suspicious of only because of an Agatha Christie novel I read. I'm sure that person probably isn't the killer, but I'll see!
Field Researcher
#29 Old 26th Aug 2015 at 12:20 PM
I have noticed something..

Ruan has a resting bitch face.. I have only seen him smile once but that's it.
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 26th Aug 2015 at 9:26 PM
So far, I have found the following, possibly hidden, evidence:

Has anyone found any other evidence?
I'm having a heck of the time working out who the killer is.

They should use The Sims 2 in psychology....it could work wonders.
Scholar
#31 Old 27th Aug 2015 at 12:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bloodstained_black_lace
So far, I have found the following, possibly hidden, evidence:

Has anyone found any other evidence?
I'm having a heck of the time working out who the killer is.

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#32 Old 27th Aug 2015 at 12:46 AM

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Instructor
#34 Old 27th Aug 2015 at 2:43 AM
Ooh, been getting into it a bit more and there's one character who seems to have a really compelling reason to have killed him, plus has a reason to be at the scene of the crime!! But of course now I feel it can't be that character because it can't be too obvious. I am going to drive myself mad because every time someone looks suspicious I'm going to think they're too obvious, haha!

Oh wait, I know what happened!

Lab Assistant
#35 Old 27th Aug 2015 at 3:32 AM
I want to find the murder weapon. It has to be in SOMEWHERE, because they made a point of saying it wasn't found. Anyone had any luck?

They should use The Sims 2 in psychology....it could work wonders.
Instructor
#36 Old 27th Aug 2015 at 4:57 AM
I have been sifting through stories and pictures and haven't found any evidence yet (I think, not sure). I haven't played the households yet very much, the big surprise is that Griselda is pregnant! I do have a short list of suspects, but no proof yet.
Unfortunately, I am leaving my computer (again!) for about 12 days so tonight is my last chance to work on solving it for awhile . Good luck to everyone else in the meantime!

Find all of my Challenges in MTS Sims 2 Challenges "Ye Olde" Section:
Vllygrl's By George! Regency Play Style/Challenge; Regency/Victorian ROS;
The Medieval Charter Challenge & ROS for MCC;
The Crown of Laurels Challenge; & Besieged! New Medieval Challenge & Medieval ROS.
Scholar
#37 Old 27th Aug 2015 at 5:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon

Who was that directed at? AND YES I JUST MIGHT

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Forum Resident
#38 Old 27th Aug 2015 at 8:16 AM
One thing I've been wondering about: Did you preprogram some sort of behavior for those sims, like in the Maxis neighborhoods, or did I just run into several great coincidences?

To be more specific,

Mad Poster
#39 Old 27th Aug 2015 at 10:08 AM
I have not started playing - I love it, though, and have read through everything, looked at the residents, and I am suspecting the widow
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#40 Old 27th Aug 2015 at 11:57 AM Last edited by maxon : 27th Aug 2015 at 3:59 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Ovenhole
One thing I've been wondering about: Did you preprogram some sort of behavior for those sims, like in the Maxis neighborhoods, or did I just run into several great coincidences?

Coincidences - good ones for you obviously. I decided not to go into trying to set pre-programmed events. I felt, in the end, it wasn't necessary.

PP - I wonder if you think Margaret being nosey (which she is, I admit) is because you are a shy person IRL? I ask because the Interwebs are dominated, it seems to me, by introverts who, by definition, have difficulty with social situations. I'm an extrovert (mostly) and have no difficulties in RL asking probing personal questions and you'd be surprised at the number of times you get an answer. Margaret's behaviour is based on my experience. I'm a nosey sod myself, no question about it. You won't be able to fully solve the crime without Margaret's evidence. She has evidence no one else has. Anyway, what you decide to do, of course, is up to you and that's fine.

@Jojoa777 - not everyone. I'm not that mean. Or indeed as clever as Agatha Christie to pull that off.

@bloodstained_black_lace - if you can find the murder weapon (and you will find it, if you look in the Downloads folder so you know it's out the in the neighbourhood somewhere), you will have a big fat clue as to who the culprit is.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Forum Resident
#41 Old 27th Aug 2015 at 2:15 PM
The second one was a really amazing coincidence then, and great for the plot. Maybe the old man can settle down and start a domestic life now...
Test Subject
#42 Old 27th Aug 2015 at 2:47 PM
First time ever I regret not having all the EPs would definitely put aside my one and only neighborhood to try out Polgannon.
Still, I'd love to know if someone solves the mystery
Instructor
#43 Old 27th Aug 2015 at 5:31 PM
Well, I've now read all of the household stories/bios and gone through memories... dang, it would be a much shorter (or nonexistent) list of people who had no motivation to kill him! Honestly, at this point it's basically distinguishing between who had a good reason to kill Blaise and who had a really, really good reason to kill Blaise. What a jerk!! Now I need to really take some notes to figure out who had the opportunity/whose alibi is not matching up with other people's statements. Or I could search around the lots to try to find evidence! So much to do, but I'm dying to figure this out.

Based purely on motivation (and not alibis) I have a few suspects who seem to have had the most reason to kill Blaise. I'll be watching them closely!
#44 Old 27th Aug 2015 at 6:24 PM
Wow this is....wow. It's so small LOL. I'm gonna ignore Miley's suggestion and throw in a self created sim as a interloper and do it through her because as a avid soap opera fan I can already tell that i'm gonna treat EVERYONE as a suspect including the presiding detective. I think until I actually solve it I'm setting it to fall year round it just looks soooo pretty.

I'm kinda glad I took the time yesterday to clean out the 2+ years of accumulated dust that was clogging my fans and the inside of the computer because now I can play again and this is perfect to get me back into the mood. Only wished I hadn't thrown out my 17 gbs of CC when I uninstall everything before I figured out the problem.
Scholar
#45 Old 27th Aug 2015 at 6:44 PM
I've read about the Polgannon in the Downloads section, then here, and must say I'm so interested in solving the mystery, it's more intriguing than that about missing Bella Goth.
After the Apocalypse Challenge the Polgannon comes next! I only need to avoid clicking on Spoilers, which is hard to do but I resisted so far.
Scholar
#46 Old 27th Aug 2015 at 9:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ovenhole
The second one was a really amazing coincidence then, and great for the plot. Maybe the old man can settle down and start a domestic life now...

you're the second person to find treasure there

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#47 Old 27th Aug 2015 at 9:19 PM
Hey Jory got lucky for once. Twice.

#48 Old 27th Aug 2015 at 9:32 PM
So I threw Carly Thornhart into the cottage apartment between Jory Boscowan and Cedric Chesney and played her through her first day with only reading the neighborhood story; no bios or family bios at all were read as I wanted to get Carly settled in before doing all the other stuff and man I'm glad I did.

Carly didn't take to Carrow Penhaligan at all when he showed up as the landlord (I didn't see any mods for that in the downloads so how is that possible?) which was a bit disappointing as he's strikingly handsome. Well fine, I'm sure there's more fish in the pier for her so no big loss. Jory and Cedric were outside no more then 5 minutes before a poking match starts which lead to slapping which lead to a full on fight. Interestingly who should walk by at that time but Margaret James who seemed to be worried about Cedric during the fight though he won it (and the FIVE other fights throughout the remainder of the day with Jory. I swear these two wont even go in their cottages they just stay outside and fight).

So while the first fight is in progress I have Carly summon a taxi (because for some odd reason I have no walk to lot option available? which means getting to the Pol stones is a big issue) and she heads out to St. Genny's Church. I free will her while I scope around the lot looking for anything odd. She ends up talking with Mr. Pascoe about weather (and anytime weather came up it was the cloud bubbles) which I'll interpret as him telling her about the town's past on that stormy night. He kept getting the cash register icon over his head but I didn't see a ticket machine or cash register anywhere so not sure what that's about.

Someone else was there too wandering through the many gravestones. None other than Caroline Penhaligan! Now mind you I have my number of visiting sims at 30 and besides Pascoe, Carly, and Caroline there really were no other townies on that lot. What was she up to flitting around those tombstones and especially near the small mausoleum in the back next to the church she frequently went behind that one. Carly struck up a conversation about the Penhaligan ties to the area (the magic hat bubble came up frequently during talking so i'm going with that) but didn't gain much insight. Darkness fell and I has her summon a taxi and go home.

So that was just day 1! I'm kind of unsure whether I should keep playing Carly until she meets all the other play-ables and see how they interact on the lots or just start rotating among them. Should probably go read the bios so I know who's who and connected to who so Carly doesn't do something I'll regret being that she's a family sim with a romance secondary. So far though I'm liking this alot and i think by playing with a main character not connected to the hood I'm getting other layers to it that will keep the hood going long after the mystery is solved.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#49 Old 27th Aug 2015 at 9:59 PM
Hmm - I'm a bit concerned by that no 'walk to' option - shouldn't be happening.

Page 2 of 16