Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#51 Old 1st Nov 2015 at 9:54 PM
Maxon, the clickable area (is it too large ro too small?) happens if you don't import the mesh properly. if you import the meshes separately, the last mesh part gets the clickable area. It's called 'bounding mesh' - but only use the tick button in the mesh replacing window, not the one under 'groups' (it can mess things up or crash your game).
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#52 Old 2nd Nov 2015 at 1:32 AM
@maxon Would this thread work as a place to show off WIP lots (that I most likely won't upload), or should I make another thread for that?

Anyway, here are pics from two lots I am working on. I got the exterior of Summerset Jr/Sr High School (in Tumbleton, where the temple/mosque used to be) and the home team stands of its football field done tonight.

I have some questions....
1. Is there a better way to make bleachers in the stands than stairs?
2. Is there a way to make a lot larger than the largest blank lot size given in the game? Between the home stands and the guest seating, I am not sure that there will be room for the football field itself.
4. When there is a wall in between two parts of a two-tile window (like the one covered by the quilt in the high school), only the frame shows. (The wall is never opened for the glass.) Is there any way to fix it? Or will I have to assume a hooligan somehow got 3 stories up and broke a window and despite being in the richest school district in Simnation, SJSHS can't be bothered to replace a window?
3. Does anyone have any general advice on how to improve it? (I know I forgot roofing on the football bleachers, at least at the time of the screenshot.)

Thanks.

~Someday my prince will come... And he better not bring all his hood's character files with him.~
@)->----- Place this ASCII flower in your sig as a thank you to all of our amazing moderators at MTS!
TS3 vs. Your CPU: The Solution
Shameless plug for my fledgeling Simblr here
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
Original Poster
#53 Old 2nd Nov 2015 at 2:02 AM
Completely fine by me - I made the thread mainly because I'm nosey and want to know what people are up to. Ambitious lots. Stairs are a good idea because they produce the right kind of appearance though the downside is the sims can't sit on them. For sittable stands, I guess you'd have to use different levels and the constrain floor elevation cheat but you'd struggle to get the angle right. I guess it depends what you want the lot for. If you're going to play it or whether it is just a sort of hood decoration.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
Original Poster
#54 Old 2nd Nov 2015 at 2:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Maxon, the clickable area (is it too large ro too small?) happens if you don't import the mesh properly. if you import the meshes separately, the last mesh part gets the clickable area. It's called 'bounding mesh' - but only use the tick button in the mesh replacing window, not the one under 'groups' (it can mess things up or crash your game).

I sorted it out thanks.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Forum Resident
#55 Old 2nd Nov 2015 at 2:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Completely fine by me - I made the thread mainly because I'm nosey and want to know what people are up to. Ambitious lots. Stairs are a good idea because they produce the right kind of appearance though the downside is the sims can't sit on them. For sittable stands, I guess you'd have to use different levels and the constrain floor elevation cheat but you'd struggle to get the angle right. I guess it depends what you want the lot for. If you're going to play it or whether it is just a sort of hood decoration.

If I decided to play on the field, I would use a pose box and OMSPs. It would be nice if stairs could have a wall right at the top step; that'd make my bleachers more realistic.

And I actually did use CFE to make the shorter walls for the top of the high school! It's a great cheat.

~Someday my prince will come... And he better not bring all his hood's character files with him.~
@)->----- Place this ASCII flower in your sig as a thank you to all of our amazing moderators at MTS!
TS3 vs. Your CPU: The Solution
Shameless plug for my fledgeling Simblr here
Scholar
#56 Old 10th Nov 2015 at 6:11 AM
Gorgeous building AmandieLove. It's eerily similar to a middle school I briefly attended.

I would definitely download if you decided to upload it. I've been putting off building my schools forever, especially high schools, because the project would feel so big.

At the moment I'm working on a childhood pub we used to eat dinner at yonks ago. I grew up in a very picturesque English village so those memories are a good starting point if I'm building things like pubs or bungalows.
Screenshots

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
Original Poster
#57 Old 10th Nov 2015 at 7:31 PM
Oh yes, nice - I'd download that.

Scholar
#58 Old 14th Nov 2015 at 11:37 AM Last edited by Snufflepaws : 15th Nov 2015 at 6:01 AM.
Thank you Maxon. It's up now on my wordpress and hopefully here soon too.

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
Original Poster
#59 Old 15th Nov 2015 at 12:03 PM
I was making this last month for the monthly theme but didn't get finished. It's meant to be a university library (a copy of the one in Redbrick in Little Carping). Not sure what to do with it now.
Exterior

Stairwell

Scholar
#60 Old 15th Nov 2015 at 12:14 PM
@maxon I'd keep going with it, it definitely fits the theme.

Field Researcher
#61 Old 16th Nov 2015 at 8:07 PM
My Little Townhouse - another remake of a lot I built some time ago (in July (?)).
To be finished and uploaded soon.

What you see are placeholders mostly
Forum Resident
#62 Old 17th Nov 2015 at 7:46 AM
I really like this one mesh - Raon 39, 3t2 - but the only one I could find in Pooklet'd textures/colors had borked links! So I decided it was high time to kick myself in the butt and start familiarizing myself with retexturing hairs (despite actually double-checking if anyone else had a working link of said retextures... ah well. Practice, nonetheless!). It's actually quite therapeutic - the opposite effect of when I try to mesh.

I really do need to learn to resize images before putting them online... argh. Next time, I promise.

"God created dinosaurs. God destroyed dinosaurs. God created Man. Man destroyed God. Man created dinosaurs.

Dinosaurs eat man...Woman inherits the earth."

- Michael Crichton, Jurassic Park

My Simblr | Hadi Family Tree
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
Original Poster
#64 Old 7th Dec 2015 at 4:42 PM
I'm trying to finish my Church of England career designed for Len and Cedric in Polgannon. I've been trying to write the chance cards today. Am I the only one who hates writing chance cards? I've got the levels done and everything else but I both love and loathe writing chance cards. I love it because writing them well is a real challenge and can be really enjoyable. The issue I have with them is thinking up problems that I can work with. You have to have 4 outcomes for earch level, 2 good 2 bad. These are my levels so far:

Trainee Priest
Deacon
Assistant Curate
Curate
Vicar
Archdeacon
Dean - staff
Suffragan Bishop - Accounting problem
Bishop - scandal - affair?
Archbishop - Political issue

I can think of things for the top levels because - I don't know why, I never find those particularly difficult. It's the deacons and curates that are getting to me. I think the vicar will have something to do with a crisis of confidence/belief while the archdeacon will probably have some kind of political maneouvering a la Trollope. I probably need to have a quick refresher on The Warden and Barchester Towers generally for that. Sigh - I was hoping to get it done this week. Ah well.

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
Original Poster
#67 Old 20th Dec 2015 at 2:02 PM
That's a shame - it does take persistence and dedication to build a whole neighbourhood though and if it's not fun, it's not worth the bother.

Space Pony
#69 Old 21st Dec 2015 at 11:31 PM
I am doing a project what just yesterday seemed to never going to be finished

BIG Thank You @Jawusa , who was kind to offer to meke the SC4 terrain to me :lovestruc

I am doing custom mountain/winter- themed university, have been doing it for ages, just today received the terrain from Jawusa and as it is soon 2am here I only managed to put some of the communitylots to the new terrain

Crappy pics, just token with ingame camera , as I need to go to bed.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#70 Old 22nd Dec 2015 at 12:51 AM
I started on that smaller neighbourhood I was planning. So far I made an SC4 terrain and built one lot. So this may take some time!

Scholar
#72 Old 25th Dec 2015 at 3:56 AM
So the game show project I was working on before is on hiatus until I get back to searching for objects that can rotate.

Now I'm in the process of making a contest for this forum for The Sims 2. It's a lot builders/designers competition that has a slight twist. I'm currently looking for judges who'd like to score the competition and players who'd like to participate in creating lots on a set guideline.

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Alchemist
#73 Old 31st Dec 2015 at 5:07 AM
I'm editing the wallmasks for these converted TS4 windows.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#74 Old 31st Dec 2015 at 12:16 PM Last edited by eliset : 31st Dec 2015 at 1:46 PM.
I've been working on some terrains for my test neighborhoods. This one could be smaller but it has some beachfront property so I'll be moving in a few sims to see how it works. I can always remove or change the roads if they don't turn out the way I want. The neighborhood sky object dome warps a little from an overhead view but looks fine from the ground. I change the colors all the time anyway. You can see the little blue dot up in the right hand corner.

ETA: Credit for neighborhood deco

I used castaway conversions for the jungle trees, volcanoes and huts: PlumbBobKeep http://www.medievalsims.com/forums/...hp?f=166&t=4838 for the volcanoes. I got the trees and huts from MATY but can't currently find the link. I admit I tweaked the CS objects from MATY so I could place them anywhere.

The sky object is by nimi: http://nimi4.livejournal.com/51103.html

Scholar
#75 Old 31st Dec 2015 at 12:31 PM
That terrain is gorgeous eliset. I'm envious of you and simsample. Since Windows 10 I can't get SC4 to work for the life of me. I got pretty close with everything displaying right, but the text remained invisible throughout all my attempts.

Page 3 of 22