Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Trait Discovery Fix

by mmsbludhound Posted 8th Oct 2015 at 12:33 PM

23 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 5 Feedback Posts, 17 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 8th Oct 2015 at 1:31 PM
Its always great having more fixes! Nice work!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#3 Old 8th Oct 2015 at 3:32 PM
I didn't realize that some (non-hidden) traits were undiscoverable! Thanks for another very useful mod!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 8th Oct 2015 at 6:31 PM
I didn't know this was even a bug, BUT I noticed my brother-sister sims being unable to discover each other's social butterfly traits. I thought I was doing something wrong. Thank you!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#5 Old 8th Oct 2015 at 6:56 PM
Thank you for this fix!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#6 Old 8th Oct 2015 at 7:09 PM
I was wondering why my Sims couldn't discover all traits on some other Sims. I probably see it more than some might, because I have it set so all adults can have up to 15 traits, and Nraas automatically populates those of the townies. Thanks for noticing this and fixing it.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 8th Oct 2015 at 11:31 PM
Gotta have all the fixes! Thanks!
Alchemist
#8 Old 11th Oct 2015 at 11:19 AM
I'm wondering what difference is if I just enable these traits to be discoverable from the traits.xml in GameplayData.package. Is there any particular difference?

Also, I heard the game will freeze if a Sim find out someone has the No Sense of Humor trait. I never really encountered this because my mod enabled all traits discoverable except this one. Is this myth true? Will it occur with this mod?

Just call me Nikel
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 11th Oct 2015 at 5:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nikel23
I'm wondering what difference is if I just enable these traits to be discoverable from the traits.xml in GameplayData.package. Is there any particular difference?

Also, I heard the game will freeze if a Sim find out someone has the No Sense of Humor trait. I never really encountered this because my mod enabled all traits discoverable except this one. Is this myth true? Will it occur with this mod?

Overriding traits.xml would indeed be the more accurate fix. However, I decided to change the value in a script in order to maximize compatibility in case there's another mod out there that actually overrides traits.xml. Also, having CanBeLearnedThroughConversation and CanBeLearnedRandomly set to false on any non-hidden and non-reward trait seems rather pointless IMO, so I decided to just set them to true as a catch-all solution.

I just did a little test on the No Sense of Humor trait by creating a new household with 2 people and 1 of them has that trait. Nothing unusual happened when the other sim discovered the trait. I've never heard of it causing a freeze. However, that's just from my own experience and I'm not sure if it would occur under more specific conditions.
Alchemist
#10 Old 15th Oct 2015 at 1:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mmsbludhound
Overriding traits.xml would indeed be the more accurate fix. However, I decided to change the value in a script in order to maximize compatibility in case there's another mod out there that actually overrides traits.xml. Also, having CanBeLearnedThroughConversation and CanBeLearnedRandomly set to false on any non-hidden and non-reward trait seems rather pointless IMO, so I decided to just set them to true as a catch-all solution.

I just did a little test on the No Sense of Humor trait by creating a new household with 2 people and 1 of them has that trait. Nothing unusual happened when the other sim discovered the trait. I've never heard of it causing a freeze. However, that's just from my own experience and I'm not sure if it would occur under more specific conditions.

Oh, alright. Thank you for the explanation and debunking the myth! I did realize scripting mod will not conflict with tuning mod that modifies Traits.xml. It's really nice you made a script mod out of it!

Just call me Nikel
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 23rd Oct 2015 at 2:33 AM
THANKS
Scholar
THANKS POST
#12 Old 7th Mar 2016 at 4:08 PM
Holy crap I can actually discover all traits now! The message that pops up for those traits is a bit weird, but I really don't care as long as I can discover those traits that you couldn't discover before.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 12th Apr 2016 at 9:13 PM
All this time, I thought my townies were just playing hard to get :p
Thanks for the fix, mmsbludhound
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 28th May 2016 at 4:25 PM
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 5th Jul 2016 at 8:43 AM
thank you
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#16 Old 2nd Oct 2016 at 3:52 AM
This is so helpful! Thank you!!!
#17 Old 7th Feb 2017 at 10:42 PM
Does anyone know if this mod is safe to use with an up to date game?
Field Researcher
#18 Old 22nd Feb 2017 at 1:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ravenclaw_with_a_TARDIS
Does anyone know if this mod is safe to use with an up to date game?

The mod was built on patch 1.67, it should work fine with 1.69 also (if that's what you mean by 'up to date game').
Test Subject
#19 Old 4th Mar 2017 at 2:29 PM
as far as I know 1.69 made no changes to gameplay and should not break any mods except core mods.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 3rd Aug 2017 at 12:08 PM
Thanks
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#21 Old 1st Sep 2018 at 4:43 AM
This will make my sims' social lives much easier. Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 29th Jul 2021 at 4:07 PM
This is necessary for my gameplay. Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 7th Nov 2021 at 8:31 PM
Thanks, the last 2 traits used to be useless for my sims, without their related interactions because they never unlocked, until now.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 22nd May 2022 at 12:12 AM
Does this work for "shy" trait too?