Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#526 Old 5th Aug 2017 at 8:50 PM
Is that Python code?

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Advertisement
Test Subject
#527 Old 6th Aug 2017 at 7:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
Is that Python code?

That is correct
Mad Poster
#528 Old 6th Aug 2017 at 8:14 PM
Ah, that explains why I haven't come across it when messing with these files myself then. I can't do Python. Seriously.

Test Subject
#529 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 4:49 AM
Ah, that explains why I haven't come across it when messing with these files myself then. I can't do Python. Seriously.

sure you can! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpPG0bKHYKc Python is fun and it's not too difficult as far as programming languages go! if you ever have some extra time, follow along with some youtube vidoes, or check out codeacademy.com or tutorials point. Happy coding!
Scholar
#530 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 5:29 PM

The extension .py is Python source code and .pyo is the compiled version.

The language is like many others but the problem is where all these imported libraries is coming from and the documentation for them.
When I worked as a programmer the comments was larger than the actual code. The latest language I learnt was Perl or actually Expect

Quote:
# uncompyle6 version 2.10.1
# Python bytecode 3.3 (3230)
# Decompiled from: Python 3.3.5 (v3.3.5:62cf4e77f785, Mar 9 2014, 10:37:12) [MSC v.1600 32 bit (Intel)]
# Embedded file name: HeightModule.py
# Compiled at: 2016-02-17 14:41:31
# Size of source mod 2**32: 6798 bytes
import random

import alarms
import clock
import date_and_time
import services
import sims4.commands
import zone
from server_commands.argument_helpers import get_optional_target, OptionalSimInfoParam
from sims.sim_info_types import Age
from sims4.resources import Types

from ArtUrlWWW_Sliders import injector, AddSimSlider
Mad Poster
#531 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 5:43 PM
Thanks for the encouragement but I really can't. I've looked into it before and it all just goes over my head. If there isn't a GUI involved then I get lost very fast. I might as well be trying to read Russian.

Scholar
#532 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 5:52 PM

That was you that get the source code from simmythesims. That was OK but problem is that we got the code for the mod that was never finished.
The old mod is working but was probably programmed in C# and we don't have the source for that, do we. Maybe it is easier for someone like you to make changes to that code or....?.
Mad Poster
#533 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 7:06 PM
I have absolutely no coding experience at all other than tweaking some small bits of object tuning files.
The files that I shared came directly from simmythesim. They were the only ones he gave me.

Test Subject
#534 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 4:06 PM
The sliders used to work for me including the toddler fix and I did use the new script but now every time I try to type in the cheat it does nothing. Yes my game is up to date.
Test Subject
#535 Old 11th Aug 2017 at 5:55 PM Last edited by hannah.bixby2222 : 11th Aug 2017 at 8:03 PM.
I can't seem to make this work in my game! It used to work. I type the cheat in right (i.e. add_slider height 100) and I have tried all the different options to make it work (updated files within these comments, plus the toddler one) and I can't seem to make it work! My game is up to date as well. I think I need a little lesson in how to make it work, can anyone help me?
Test Subject
#536 Old 17th Aug 2017 at 11:51 PM
This is the only mod that actually changes the height of all ages of sims. And now it isn't working! I could have my toddlers look like one was 1, and the other 3. My children could look 7-12 years old! Now my game seems lame :/ If someone can tell me what setup they have to get it working I'd be so grateful! I make custom poses on Tumblr, whoever can help me will get a posepack? Haha I'm desperate!
Test Subject
#537 Old 18th Aug 2017 at 5:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by hannah.bixby2222
I can't seem to make this work in my game! It used to work. I type the cheat in right (i.e. add_slider height 100) and I have tried all the different options to make it work (updated files within these comments, plus the toddler one) and I can't seem to make it work! My game is up to date as well. I think I need a little lesson in how to make it work, can anyone help me?

For some bizarre reason mine ONLY works when I have "testingcheats true" active. No where from what I have seen was that stated so I'm not sure if that's the problem. The version I have is the one that Arturlwww had posted -> comment #518 on page 21. Not sure if they'd be okay with me reposting the link or not but as a precaution I won't, but it's fairly easy to spot. Hope any of that helps
Test Subject
#538 Old 18th Aug 2017 at 5:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LambsEarie
This is the only mod that actually changes the height of all ages of sims. And now it isn't working! I could have my toddlers look like one was 1, and the other 3. My children could look 7-12 years old! Now my game seems lame :/ If someone can tell me what setup they have to get it working I'd be so grateful! I make custom poses on Tumblr, whoever can help me will get a posepack? Haha I'm desperate!

Not gonna spam my comment but I posted one directly before this one stating how I use mine. I still have the toddler issue but Arturlwww's rework has everything else working on my end.
Test Subject
#539 Old 19th Aug 2017 at 8:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LambsEarie

Did it automatically change the height of the toddlers? Mine has never done that! Would be good though.
Test Subject
#540 Old 20th Aug 2017 at 3:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Morphar
I think all sims in game, including children, are first set to a random height and start growing gradually from there.

As you maybe can see in the code below an age check is made and if child it sets the height slider to 15.36 * sim_age + simHeightStat - 100
So it is not only the age multplied by a value but also adding simHeightStat - 100.
The simHeightStat comes from simHeightStat = stat_commodity.get_value()

What value is that? Anyone that can comment the code?

Yeah, a little height difference is nice, but I've got kids who are about to age to teens who are the same height as the ones who just aged from toddler, and vice versa. It just seems a bit off.
Test Subject
#541 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 1:41 AM
Default HELP Please!!!!
Okay, I REALLY wanna try this mod but when I enter
add_slider Height 100
Or anything else, nothing happens. Yes, I have script mods and the other mod option enabled. And I entered "testingcheats on" before I put this in. I also tried without doing that. I've done it in live mode and CAS. Nothing happens. Nada. I would REALLY appreciate if you could help me figure this out... Please, I really wanna have fun with this mod!

Have a good day, and great job! Mod looks fun!
Scholar
#542 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 1:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SomaSuma
Okay, I REALLY wanna try this mod but when I enter
add_slider Height 100
Or anything else, nothing happens. Yes, I have script mods and the other mod option enabled. And I entered "testingcheats on" before I put this in. I also tried without doing that. I've done it in live mode and CAS. Nothing happens. Nada. I would REALLY appreciate if you could help me figure this out... Please, I really wanna have fun with this mod!

Have a good day, and great job! Mod looks fun!

What files from what pages are you using? It is so many combinations now.
Test Subject
#543 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 8:44 PM Last edited by punchthecarbonara : 3rd Sep 2017 at 10:48 PM.
Works ok with me for the 22/23.08.17 patch, I'm using the Hand and Neck slider from the first page (a lot of sliders...) (#1 ); Vectorplexus' Height Short, Tall, and Growth (#317 ) ; Ash77 updated script (#392 ); and Cmar's foot slider (#469 )

Edit: forgot to mention that I use the commands for toddler and children only, teens and up use the foot slider and the height remains the same after age up through testing. commands for neck and hands work for teens and up, I haven't tested it on children or toddlers nor do i see any reason to

EDIT #2: I had problems with using the Growth script (really ugly weird teen stretching) so I removed it and it's fine now. I also switched the Hand and Neck slider from "A Lot of Sliders..." to the "STABLE..." version. Just in case others had the same problem...
ALSO, I shared some sims using this height slider set up with a friend who didn't have them installed, and it caused their game to crash, so a word of precaution for sharing sims. Their game was fine and they could play the sims when they had the sliders in, and it also reactivated GODJUL1's slider (and my sims were even more taller in their game). That slider is here .
Maybe it's best to remove the slider mods before sharing sims? I'm assuming it's Cmar's up down foot slider that causes the crash as it adds a slider that's not in the vanilla game.
Scholar
#544 Old 25th Aug 2017 at 4:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by punchthecarbonara
Works ok with me for the 22/23.08.17 patch, I'm using the Hand and Neck slider from the first page (a lot of sliders...) (#1 ); Vectorplexus' Height Short, Tall, and Growth (#317 ) ; Ash77 updated script (#392 ); and Cmar's foot slider (#469 )

Edit: forgot to mention that I use the commands for toddler and children only, teens and up use the foot slider and the height remains the same after age up through testing. commands for neck and hands work for teens and up, I haven't tested it on children or toddlers nor do i see any reason to

Hmm, interesting with the aging. What do you mean with "through testing". I thought I have tested it in different ways before but without any luck.

Age up naturally?
Age up with cheat?
Age up in CAS?
Test Subject
#545 Old 28th Aug 2017 at 2:23 PM Last edited by mooncakemimz : 28th Aug 2017 at 2:34 PM.
The sliders worked fine for me a few days ago, however it appears that whenever I pick up my toddler the arms bend backwards and you cannot see them carrying the toddler. Also the bodies of my Toddler seem to elongate with tiny legs and bent knees. My teenagers also seem to have body distortion. I removed the sliders from my game. I am patched to the latest patch provided. I per-ordered Cats & Dogs, but I am hoping that doesn't have anything to do with the issues I am experiencing.
Test Subject
#546 Old 28th Aug 2017 at 4:46 PM
I've enabled both "custom content" and "script mods", but I haven't been able to get either the newest or the stable version to work.
They just load in properly, all mods present, other mods are working fine, but when I type the commands, like "add_slider Height -50" or "add_slider Neck -100", nothing happens (in Live mode). Removing all other mods has no effect.

I am using windows 10, might that be the problem? Because I don't think I'm doing something wrong. And if so, what am I doing wrong?
Test Subject
#547 Old 30th Aug 2017 at 1:35 AM
Is there any way to increase the range on the existing bones/sliders for things like calves, forearms etc?
Lab Assistant
#548 Old 30th Aug 2017 at 2:51 PM
Anyone can remake the bones of this mod to make more short and more talls toddlers? Just a little adjust ^.^
Scholar
#549 Old 31st Aug 2017 at 6:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Pascalos99
I've enabled both "custom content" and "script mods", but I haven't been able to get either the newest or the stable version to work.
They just load in properly, all mods present, other mods are working fine, but when I type the commands, like "add_slider Height -50" or "add_slider Neck -100", nothing happens (in Live mode). Removing all other mods has no effect.

I am using windows 10, might that be the problem? Because I don't think I'm doing something wrong. And if so, what am I doing wrong?

@mooncakemimz
Read post #545 to get started. Read from #314 to learn more what is going on in this project.
Test Subject
#550 Old 3rd Sep 2017 at 10:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Morphar
Hmm, interesting with the aging. What do you mean with "through testing". I thought I have tested it in different ways before but without any luck.

Age up naturally?
Age up with cheat?
Age up in CAS?

Just aging up through CAS, teen up to adult. I don't believe children maintain any slider information (upon aging up to a teen) from the cheat window because that height script doesn't affect teens + ? I haven't tested it through natural aging up, but seeing as Cmar's foot slider is an in CAS thing I'm sure that information stays with the teen.
Page 22 of 44