Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Juices from The Sims 4 (Custom Beverages)

by Naus Allien Posted 12th Jul 2016 at 11:45 AM - Updated 23rd Dec 2016 at 10:39 PM by Naus Allien

36 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 8 Feedback Posts, 27 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 12th Jul 2016 at 4:30 PM
Thanks so much for your hard work!!
But I have a question - my children can not drink this juice, but they obviously do that in your pictures. Also I don't have any moodlets(((
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Jul 2016 at 5:00 PM
You should ask Arsil (here ). He's the one who wrote the custom script, I'm just using it
It seems you are not the only one who's not getting new moodlets (remember that only the lemonade, orange and lime juices give moodlets - there were not appropriate moodlets for the fizzy and strawberry juices). Maybe those who are not getting the moodlets don't have a certain mod, like the one you need for all new recipes. You should ask Arsil anyway.
As regards children not being able to drink these juices, well they should. You should check the juices XMLs inside "Arsil_CustomBeverages.package" and make sure the value "<kNoChildren value="False" />" actually is set to false. By default juices should all have this value set to false (unlike alcoholic bevarages).
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 12th Jul 2016 at 5:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Naus Allien
You should ask Arsil (here ). He's the one who wrote the custom script, I'm just using it
It seems you are not the only one who's not getting new moodlets (remember that only the lemonade, orange and lime juices give moodlets - there were not appropriate moodlets for the fizzy and strawberry juices). Maybe those who are not getting the moodlets don't have a certain mod, like the one you need for all new recipes. You should ask Arsil anyway.
As regards children not being able to drink these juices, well they should. You should check the juices XMLs inside "Arsil_CustomBeverages.package" and make sure the value "<kNoChildren value="False" />" actually is set to false. By default juices should all have this value set to false (unlike alcoholic bevarages).

Ok, I've downloaded latest version of the mod and childrens now can drink juice. Yay! Thanks again(^.^)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 12th Jul 2016 at 5:46 PM
Hi! Thanks for this! I have a quick question -- you said the pitcher mod needs to go in the "Overrides" folder. Do you mean the Mods/Packages folder, or should I have an Overrides folder to put this in? (I don't have one now.)

Again, beautiful work, thank you!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 12th Jul 2016 at 5:46 PM
BBQ parties thanks you so much lol are these cold drinks to help with cool down
Inventor
Original Poster
#7 Old 12th Jul 2016 at 6:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HallyM
Hi! Thanks for this! I have a quick question -- you said the pitcher mod needs to go in the "Overrides" folder. Do you mean the Mods/Packages folder, or should I have an Overrides folder to put this in? (I don't have one now.)

Again, beautiful work, thank you!

Well in my setup inside the Mods folder I have two folders: Overrides and Packages (they have different priorities). But it doesn't really matter in this case (because the pitcher is a Stuff Pack item) so you can put it in your Packages folder. Files inside your Mods folder (no matter where specifically) always override original game files (if they have the same ID).
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#8 Old 12th Jul 2016 at 6:49 PM
This is awesome! Thanks for releasing and I'm sorry to hear it caused so much trouble but glad to see the results were worth it! Off topic but any chance you'll release your remeshed version of Arsil's limbo game?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#9 Old 12th Jul 2016 at 7:00 PM
Thank you! :D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 12th Jul 2016 at 7:29 PM
Thank you for this...been so jealous of those TS4 drinks for a while now, not anymore thanks to you...so Yay!
Inventor
Original Poster
#11 Old 12th Jul 2016 at 7:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by olomaya
This is awesome! Thanks for releasing and I'm sorry to hear it caused so much trouble but glad to see the results were worth it! Off topic but any chance you'll release your remeshed version of Arsil's limbo game?

Well, I actually did a remeshed version using The Sims Castaway Stories Limbo Bar mesh as a base (it was modified though). I tried to upload it but MTS doesn't accept anything that uses assets from TS Castaway Stories (they apparently received a cease-and-desist letter from EA). If you are interested, send me a private message and I can give you link to download it. As long as it's not actually hosted by MTS I think it should be alright to give you a link to download it from my Google Drive account.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#12 Old 12th Jul 2016 at 11:50 PM
Thank you so so much! I was having a crummy day and this brought a big smile to my face.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#13 Old 13th Jul 2016 at 4:16 AM
I love your mod so much!!! It is fascinating in my game! I'm really happy to see my sims drinking such a nice drinks!! Thank you so much!!
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 13th Jul 2016 at 4:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Naus Allien
Well in my setup inside the Mods folder I have two folders: Overrides and Packages (they have different priorities). But it doesn't really matter in this case (because the pitcher is a Stuff Pack item) so you can put it in your Packages folder. Files inside your Mods folder (no matter where specifically) always override original game files (if they have the same ID).

Yeah, I went ahead and fired up my game with your mod in my Packages folder yesterday, and it worked perfectly! Thank you SO MUCH for giving that lemonade pitcher some functionality, it's so much fun to watch sims have a nice glass of lemonade now. The geostates are really cute, and it gives a tiny little boost to their hunger bar, which is always appreciated.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#15 Old 14th Jul 2016 at 1:40 AM
These drinks look so great in game! Thank you so much
I did ask you some question on Arsil's Custom Beverages thread (sorry to be such a pain) asking if it was possible to also add the drink recipes of Cocunt Water etc to it. I think I have it working now but its not always consistent (i.e the lemonade pitcher isn't always useable in live mod)
Inventor
Original Poster
#16 Old 14th Jul 2016 at 3:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by desiree101
These drinks look so great in game! Thank you so much
I did ask you some question on Arsil's Custom Beverages thread (sorry to be such a pain) asking if it was possible to also add the drink recipes of Cocunt Water etc to it. I think I have it working now but its not always consistent (i.e the lemonade pitcher isn't always useable in live mod)

I don't know why that happens. I tried a couple of times and it worked fine for me. Maybe it has to do with other mods you don't have. We found out very recently that custom moodlets are not possible without Awesome Mod, strange as it may sound. In theory, you should be able to add how many items you want.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#17 Old 14th Jul 2016 at 4:37 PM
Awesome!!!!!!! Thank you for doing these!!!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#18 Old 14th Jul 2016 at 5:51 PM
Thank you so much for all the hard work, i love this :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 17th Jul 2016 at 9:23 PM
That sounds like a hellish experience to create this, so thanks for your effort! This truly is a unique object, and I've been looking for servable beverages for a long time!
Theorist
THANKS POST
#20 Old 21st Jul 2016 at 5:56 AM
This is super awesome! Thanks so much for making these; sounds like they were a lot of work. Your efforts are very much appreciated!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 23rd Jul 2016 at 12:39 AM
I LOVE YOU!!!! I didn't get why EA didn't make the pitcher useable, now finally kids have options for drinks that aren't meals. I could just kiss you!!! In The Sims 2, kids could drink juices, you made Sims 3 kids able to as well, I can't thank you enough.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 27th Jul 2016 at 9:02 PM
Thanks ;)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 5th Sep 2016 at 4:26 PM
Thank you...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 11th Sep 2016 at 9:06 PM
THANK YOU for allowing my TS3 simmies to get tipsy every summer! :)
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#25 Old 29th Sep 2016 at 3:19 PM
Thank you for these!!! And for sharing! This is awesome <3
Page 1 of 2