Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Introvert Trait

by theswarm Posted 1st Jan 2017 at 8:29 PM

28 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 14 Feedback Posts, 13 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 1st Jan 2017 at 9:20 PM
WOW! This is an astonishing coincidence, but I've spent the last two days working on an introvert trait myself! I'm going to try yours. Great Minds Think Alike!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 1st Jan 2017 at 10:48 PM
Unfortunately i can relate to this trait. Staying home and indoors for long periods of time, and the "building relationships" is spot on too.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 1st Jan 2017 at 11:52 PM
Finally I can make my true sim self, lol. Thank you very much.
Test Subject
#5 Old 2nd Jan 2017 at 3:21 AM
I've been dying for this trait to be made! No one gets being an introvert like another introvert, and you've totally made this particular introvert ecstatic!

A storyteller's game, lips that intoxicate; the core of all Life is a limitless chest of tales.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 2nd Jan 2017 at 7:25 PM
That's totally me. lol
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 3rd Jan 2017 at 9:00 AM
Oh finally! I'm so introverted, I even hate socializing in The Sims! Most of my Sims have the Loner trait, the poor things...
Thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 5th Jan 2017 at 4:47 PM
OMG SOOOOOOOOOOO ME! I love these traits you guys make!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 8th Jan 2017 at 9:52 AM
An awesome mod. Being an introvert myself, I'd like to suggest the following:

- imaginary friend(s) - this also raises the social need
- slightly lowered work performance - due to daydreaming

This would make the trait totally spot on. :D
Test Subject
#10 Old 13th Jan 2017 at 2:59 PM
Great idea, but I have a problem with the name... or the implementation, depends on your point of view. You seem to have combined several different concepts and some of them are problematic:
1. Being introvert doesn't necessarily mean you dislike being outdoors. I am an introvert who likes being outside very much, and as long as "outside" doesn't mean "with people", it's not taxing for me.
2. Not everyone introverted is shy, not everyone shy is introverted.
3. I have no idea where did you come up with "relationships decay faster". That could, for example, mean that while extrovert considers someone friend when they only talk once in a week, introvert on the other hand would not consider someone a friend unless they talk to them EVERY DAY. For extroverts talking is pleasant and not a big deal. Introverts, on the other hand, might talk only to one or two people during a week, and be perfectly content. So you can expect that they talk to those because they LIKE THEM, not because they feel like it, as hours of chat leave them exhausted. Creating relationhips with us is not difficult because we lose interest fast, it's because we just can't chat everytime as an extrovert can. That doesn't mean we don't value people we don't talk to often, quite the contrary.
Test Subject
#11 Old 16th Jan 2017 at 6:52 AM
Yup, Tritin5 is correct. I only saw an introvert mod, grabbed it and never bothered to read the description. XD
Anyhow, a few concepts are really from different traits and thus non-introverted. Like:

- hating outdoors. Nope. Unless I have to "enjoy" the company of others. THEN it's not pleasant and I want to get away as fast as possible. Being outside on my own is exhilerating and very pleasant tho.
- relationship decay. Well, this is tricky. I'd like to say that relationships decay slower because I don't have the need to talk to people all the time. Seeing someone just once every three weeks is quite enough and I'm still friends with them.
- shy. Nope. I'm quite the chatterbox - if I want to, tbh. But I generally dislike being around people; because someone might try smalltalk and I'm not in the mood. Also: being around people and talking with them is very exhausting. One day of conversation's leaving me drained for at least a week and I really don't want to talk to someone else, then. At least not until my batteries are recharged.
- imaginary friend(s). I still have one, despite being married.
- lowered work performance. Yup. I'm daydreaming A LOT and my concentration span aint really that great. Cuz my thoughts starts wandering quite fast. Especially with a boring job.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 18th Jan 2017 at 6:52 AM
thank u :) This is my first time doing any mods ever im 45 yrs old and ive loved the sims since 2000 I NEVER KNEW OF MODS or anything tech based i'm not very good ..IM SO HAPPY WOO HOO !!! ILL LET U KNOW WHEN I USE IT :)!!!!!!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 27th Jan 2017 at 9:12 PM
Awesome work, thank you!
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 28th Jan 2017 at 6:34 AM
Very nice trait; although I agree with Tritrin5. But people are diverse and some introverts will be more as this trait suggests while others will be different. So I still adore this trait.
Test Subject
#15 Old 30th Jan 2017 at 11:24 PM
I like it! How hard would it be to have it so instead of social decaying slower, the direction of the social bar is reversed? I.e. interacting with other sims causes social to go down, and spending time alone causes it to refill?
#16 Old 6th Feb 2017 at 7:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tritrin5
Great idea, but I have a problem with the name... or the implementation, depends on your point of view. You seem to have combined several different concepts and some of them are problematic:
1. Being introvert doesn't necessarily mean you dislike being outdoors. I am an introvert who likes being outside very much, and as long as "outside" doesn't mean "with people", it's not taxing for me.
3. I have no idea where did you come up with "relationships decay faster". That could, for example, mean that while extrovert considers someone friend when they only talk once in a week, introvert on the other hand would not consider someone a friend unless they talk to them EVERY DAY. For extroverts talking is pleasant and not a big deal. Introverts, on the other hand, might talk only to one or two people during a week, and be perfectly content. So you can expect that they talk to those because they LIKE THEM, not because they feel like it, as hours of chat leave them exhausted. Creating relationhips with us is not difficult because we lose interest fast, it's because we just can't chat everytime as an extrovert can. That doesn't mean we don't value people we don't talk to often, quite the contrary.

I totally agree with this
Test Subject
#17 Old 10th Mar 2017 at 5:51 AM
Introvert are NOT like this really, it's a misconception. I'M Introverted and not like this. I can be around other people AS LONG as I'm not made to join in their conversation. You could have it they get points for being around friends and family, EXPECT if something like small talk happens, then they loose happiness and need to be alone.
Test Subject
#18 Old 10th Mar 2017 at 5:54 AM
Default Comment
Quote: Originally posted by dancewithmeinthemoonlight
I totally agree with this

Amen. I totally agree. :lovestruc
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 10th Mar 2017 at 7:37 PM
This might be better off being called a Shy trait. I made an Introvert trait that makes introverts focus on talking with friends (as opposed to strangers) and has their social actually increase faster and decay more slowly.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 21st May 2017 at 3:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tritrin5

I get what you're saying, but I made the trait based around myself, and how I am like, not other introverts. Thank you for your advice though, i'll think about adding some new versions in the future.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#21 Old 22nd May 2017 at 1:44 PM
This seems to be a great trait. Thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 3rd Jun 2017 at 2:51 AM
good trait, i see its not introvert literally for all, but around makers experience
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 22nd Jun 2017 at 2:10 AM
Yay I'm an introvert so this will work with my simself and other Sims I make perfectly!! <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 7:31 AM
This trait is pretty much me in a pickle....Great!
Test Subject
#25 Old 21st Sep 2017 at 4:55 AM
What would be pretty cool would be if you made an understanding trait, it would be easier for the introverted sims to build relationships with the understanding person.
Page 1 of 2