Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Bluewater Coal Mine (Functional Business)

by panmines Posted 5th Feb 2017 at 8:04 AM - Updated 18th Feb 2017 at 3:44 PM by panmines

24 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 4 Feedback Posts, 19 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator THANKS POST
#2 Old 5th Feb 2017 at 10:07 AM
What a great idea for a lot, super creative.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 5th Feb 2017 at 1:07 PM Last edited by Little Nemo : 5th Feb 2017 at 1:25 PM.
Very well done! I like the idea of creating an underground area by covering up the cellars above-ground parts...

(Still wish I could use Mootildas Grid Adjuster to create underground areas that fit seamless above ground to the rest of the lot... but no matter how I try following the tutorial, I always end up with blue bottomless pits and/or walls... same goes for Huge Lunatic's invisible stairs without animations in Mootildas underground basement thread to pass between these areas - they don't work or even show up in my game... help?)
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#4 Old 5th Feb 2017 at 3:06 PM
Even though this isn't something I'd use in my hood, I still want to leave a comment and say congratulations on a truly creative lot. It's so well planned, so well executed and just all around impressive. Great job!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 5th Feb 2017 at 4:26 PM
As it happens, I'm in the process of reinstalling all my Sims 2 games, content, characters etc. today on a Windows XP box I'm planning to use only for the Sims. I'll definitely install this in my game, but I might change the type of ore to gold. My grandfather was a gold prospector in Alaska & he panned the gold in my grandmother's wedding ring.

This project looks so fun & so well executed. I can't wait to try it!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 5th Feb 2017 at 5:32 PM
I don't think I will be using it either but I am blown away by this lot. Very impressive!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 5th Feb 2017 at 5:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lizard49
As it happens, I'm in the process of reinstalling all my Sims 2 games, content, characters etc. today on a Windows XP box I'm planning to use only for the Sims. I'll definitely install this in my game, but I might change the type of ore to gold. My grandfather was a gold prospector in Alaska & he panned the gold in my grandmother's wedding ring.

This project looks so fun & so well executed. I can't wait to try it!

Cool story about your grandfather. I had just recently explored an abandoned gold mining town here in my home state of Washington and thought it was the most interesting thing ever.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 5th Feb 2017 at 6:01 PM
Yes, he panned for gold as a young man in Alaska around the turn of the century. The family lived in Seattle, my father grew up there. My mother has the wedding ring now. The gold is very soft because it's pure.

Anyway thanks so much for your creative imagination & hard work!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#9 Old 5th Feb 2017 at 6:18 PM
Wow, this is really well made. Well done!

I don't think I would use it as a working mine but it would make a really nice living museum for sims to visit.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#10 Old 5th Feb 2017 at 8:55 PM
I don't download lots, but I enjoy viewing them and this is definitely an interesting one! Well deserved pick
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#11 Old 5th Feb 2017 at 9:24 PM
Oh! WOW!!! What a cool lot idea (and execution!)
...not to mention all the Wash/Seattle goodness goin' on in the thread - that's where I'm from too
The last time I ever actually downloaded a lot was - well - I don't remember... a long, LONG time ago. But, this is just such a wonderful thing! And, I already have the crafting/mining stations too.
I think I wouldn't use it as a business though (not in the sense that you built it) I think it may turn into a fun/museum-ey sorta place for my Simmies to enjoy. Thanks!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 5th Feb 2017 at 11:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Little Nemo
(Still wish I could use Mootildas Grid Adjuster to create underground areas that fit seamless above ground to the rest of the lot... but no matter how I try following the tutorial, I always end up with blue bottomless pits and/or walls... same goes for Huge Lunatic's invisible stairs without animations in Mootildas underground basement thread to pass between these areas - they don't work or even show up in my game... help?)

I too could never figure out how to use the Grid Adjuster to make basements (I only found out how to use it to raise floor grids far into the atmosphere ). It seems Mootilda's genius was above many of us.

Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
The last time I ever actually downloaded a lot was - well - I don't remember... a long, LONG time ago. But, this is just such a wonderful thing! And, I already have the crafting/mining stations too. I think I wouldn't use it as a business though (not in the sense that you built it) I think it may turn into a fun/museum-ey sorta place for my Simmies to enjoy. Thanks!

I'm flattered. I just love Sun&Moon's crafting stations and I hope she/he keeps on creating more. I am currently thinking of making a logging business lot using his/her 's loggable trees.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#13 Old 6th Feb 2017 at 2:03 AM
wonderful!!!!
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#14 Old 6th Feb 2017 at 7:06 AM
Wow thats amazing, cant imagine how long this would take, the layout plan alone would be daunting! Very VERY impressed!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#15 Old 7th Feb 2017 at 12:53 AM
I really do love this lot, and the functionality you built into it. Sorely tempted to download it, and use it for my modern hood (with its crazy story that is running around my head). I really do like the time and thought put into this.

As for the Lot Adjuster, I too had the same problem with "blue tiles". I do believe it happens when you do not build in uniformity. I managed to get ONE lot to look right with the adjuster, but the basement was in perfect symmetry with the house. All my oddly shaped buildings ended up having that blaring/glaring blue flashing in build mode. I never did try it in live mode. (And as an aside, I have UC installed.)
Theorist
THANKS POST
#16 Old 8th Feb 2017 at 4:14 AM
Nicely done!
Theorist
THANKS POST
#17 Old 8th Feb 2017 at 9:22 PM
How special is this?! I love it, great job.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 10th Feb 2017 at 8:12 PM
So glad I never posted the mine I made for my personal use or I'd be feeling pretty silly about now. This is amazing. Well done! And thanks for sharing it!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 11th Feb 2017 at 10:51 AM
Beautiful!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 11th Feb 2017 at 4:22 PM
This will be yet another creative and great business idea for Malcolm Langraab. Thank you for this upload! :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 11th Feb 2017 at 11:46 PM
amazing!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 16th Feb 2017 at 5:18 AM
Fantastic!! Can you create a medieval mine? I have been trying to, but I just am not creative with building lots so I decided to wait hoping someone would create one. This lot is great because I do plan on
my medieval neighborhood changing through time to the present, and even future so I can use downloaded history and futuristic content.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#23 Old 21st Feb 2017 at 1:51 AM
I finally installed this lot and took a good look at it, and I just have to tell you how impressed I am with all the creativity and work you put into it. I love it and am definitely going to use it for a business.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 15th Apr 2018 at 4:22 AM
This looks incredible! Can't wait to see it in game.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#25 Old 19th Mar 2023 at 5:08 AM
Why haven't I noticed this before? I have all of Sun&Moon's objects and never could find anything good enough for Sun&Moon's Miner's Rock Crafting Station. I'm downloading this now and installing in my game. Thank you so much