Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Pavlova

by Charity Posted 7th Mar 2017 at 10:08 PM - Updated 8th Mar 2017 at 1:15 AM by Charity

30 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 13 Feedback Posts, 16 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Needs Coffee
retired moderator THANKS POST
#2 Old 8th Mar 2017 at 12:32 AM
Looks great Charity.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#3 Old 8th Mar 2017 at 5:10 AM
It does looks delicious! I am now hungry.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#4 Old 8th Mar 2017 at 7:05 AM
Good work Taste buds tingling here.
Scholar
#5 Old 8th Mar 2017 at 8:49 AM
Strawberries...cream...meringue... all in one? I"m drooling here. TY Charity.

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 8th Mar 2017 at 12:58 PM
Thank you and really looks tasty.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#7 Old 8th Mar 2017 at 1:10 PM
We eat pavlova here in the UK as well (though presumably at different times of the year than you guys Down Under!) :-) I am delighted that you have uploaded this, now I just need to find one in RL as I have been craving one for weeks now!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#8 Old 8th Mar 2017 at 1:48 PM
That's really pretty!
Scholar
#9 Old 9th Mar 2017 at 4:52 AM
A Down Under Cake I think not! It clearly has KIWI-fruit on it.
Therefore it is a New Zealand Dish.

I am normally don't download food items but I will make an exception just for this. Thanks Charity

For those that don't know.
New Zealand also created our own Pavlova during or just after Anna Pavlova's tour of both Australia and New Zealand in the 1920s. No one knows which country actually made it first.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 9th Mar 2017 at 10:11 AM
Beautiful item
I love it
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 9th Mar 2017 at 11:10 AM
Looks delicious, thank you for uploading.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 9th Mar 2017 at 3:25 PM
It looks delicious. Thank you very much for sharing it with us Charity.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#13 Old 9th Mar 2017 at 4:15 PM
how sad that 4w25 took down her food I have quite a bit of it. This looks wonderful!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#14 Old 10th Mar 2017 at 8:58 PM
We definitely know this one in the UK too. I remember my grandma asking me what cake I wanted for my sixth birthday and I chose raspberry pavlova because it was the most delicious cake I had ever tasted It was too.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 20th May 2017 at 1:20 AM
look very delicious, my sims become fat xD
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 20th May 2017 at 11:42 PM
would you ever consider making this for the sims 4?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#17 Old 21st May 2017 at 11:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Yokozii
would you ever consider making this for the sims 4?

Sorry, I don't even own Sims 4.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 23rd May 2017 at 7:46 PM
Am I the only one having this issue? This is showing up on my sim's fridges as "Layer Cake," so I have two "Layer Cake" options and no way to tell which is which.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#19 Old 24th May 2017 at 8:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
Am I the only one having this issue? This is showing up on my sim's fridges as "Layer Cake," so I have two "Layer Cake" options and no way to tell which is which.

That's weird. I checked all the text lists and names and they seem to be correct and it shows up as Pavlova for me. Is there a hack that could be interfering?
Mad Poster
#20 Old 24th May 2017 at 9:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Is there a hack that could be interfering?

I suppose anything's possible; I have a ton of stuff in my downloads. But either this food is showing up as "Layer Cake" or I've got something else hiding somewhere that's showing up as "Layer Cake" and this one's not showing up at all; I went through my custom foods subfolder and checked in game with a sim with maxed cooking skill and everything else in there is showing up as expected. Kind of at a loss, but maybe it's not a big deal?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#21 Old 25th May 2017 at 10:49 AM
I suppose anything's possible; I have a ton of stuff in my downloads. But either this food is showing up as "Layer Cake" or I've got something else hiding somewhere that's showing up as "Layer Cake" and this one's not showing up at all; I went through my custom foods subfolder and checked in game with a sim with maxed cooking skill and everything else in there is showing up as expected. Kind of at a loss, but maybe it's not a big deal?

What happens when you try and bake the cakes named layer cake? Is one the Pavlova and the other the Maxis layer cake?
Mad Poster
#22 Old 10th Jul 2017 at 2:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
What happens when you try and bake the cakes named layer cake? Is one the Pavlova and the other the Maxis layer cake?

Yes. I finally got around to actually doing this in game (because I have an amazing talent for doing everything but what I should be doing at any given time), and I'm happy to report that one "Layer Cake" is the Pavlova and the other is a brown and white cake. The sim cooking the desserts received memories for "learned how to make Pavlova" and "learned how to make Cake."

Also, while on vacation, my sims have the option to order Pavlova from room service under the group meals and it shows up as "Pavlova" there. I have not seen it in restaurant menus, however.

One thing I noticed, though, is that this download says it requires OFB. I have no idea how I missed that when originally downloading the file (kinda feeling like smacking myself, tbh), but I don't have OFB installed--so could that be what's causing the issue? Of course I don't normally try to download and use mods and CC that require EPs I don't have installed, but somehow I managed it this time. As far as I can tell, only the name on the fridge menu is messed up; I haven't yet tried entering the Pavlova in a food contest (or actually ordering it from room service), but everything else seems to be working??
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#23 Old 10th Jul 2017 at 2:28 PM
One thing I noticed, though, is that this download says it requires OFB. I have no idea how I missed that when originally downloading the file (kinda feeling like smacking myself, tbh), but I don't have OFB installed--so could that be what's causing the issue?

I'll wager that's exactly what it is, because OFB changed all the fridge menus with the make/make many options. Otherwise it should be fine afaik, just annoying with the naming.
Mad Poster
#24 Old 10th Jul 2017 at 8:29 PM
That's a relief, I guess, since custom foods aren't exactly easy to remove once they're in. Guess I'll just have to deal with the wonky fridge menu, and any time a sim wants to "learn how to make Pavlova" or whatever, I'll have to pick one and then just do the other as well if the first one is the other cake. The Pavlova really is a beautiful cake, for the record. :lovestruc
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 19th Aug 2017 at 5:03 AM
Thanks!
Page 1 of 2