Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 1:27 PM
The Transmogrifier - let's share our ideas!
Hello!

I thought it might be a nice idea to open a thread and talk about icarus's new and totally awesome Transmogrifier (object script changer) mod! I know people have already shared ideas on the mod's page, but I think a general thread where we could chat, ask for help and post pictures etc. might be better.

So what are you going to do with the mod?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 2:32 PM
Toilet car!
Mad Poster
#3 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 4:44 PM
An Internet hacking enabled coffee maker? Or maybe a little more practical, a computer that dispenses coffee?
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 6:31 PM
I'm going to try making a nice looking car into a Motive Mobile, then make an XML mod to make the motive mobile as fast as the car I made it into.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 6:32 PM
oh, of course I'm turning a car into a time machine... you knew that, right?
Scholar
#6 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 9:02 PM
The first thing that occurred to me was that I could upgrade a cc medieval cooker that I like to use on 'olde worlde' lots, but which always gives my sims the 'uneven cooking' moodlet. I haven't tried it yet.

But what I was really wondering was if I could use this mod to turn something that is decorative into something that actually works. For example, I have a couple of purely decorative buses, could I turn those into drivable buses?

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Scholar
#7 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 9:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Elynda
The first thing that occurred to me was that I could upgrade a cc medieval cooker that I like to use on 'olde worlde' lots, but which always gives my sims the 'uneven cooking' moodlet. I haven't tried it yet.

But what I was really wondering was if I could use this mod to turn something that is decorative into something that actually works. For example, I have a couple of purely decorative buses, could I turn those into drivable buses?

Only one way to find out!!

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun
Theorist
#8 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 10:57 PM
I turned the decorative cookie jar from the Store Bakery Set into a food maker that generates cookies. And a decor champagne bottle and glasses now generates a glass of champagne thanks to ATS3. My sims had cookies and champagne for breakfast.

I don't see why a deco bus couldn't be turned into a car. The animations might not look quite right depending on what car you use but it still might be fun to try.

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Scholar
#9 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 11:18 PM
I tried it, using the drivable school bus I already had, and it sort of worked, except that there were indeed animation problems: part of the wheels were showing above and in front of the vehicle. There were problems with that drivable bus anyway - you couldn't see the driver or passengers. Maybe I should try it with the real school bus, or the tour bus.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 11:26 PM
My first thought was that tombs may have just gotten a massive upgrade. ANY statue can now be a pushable one, and that's just the beginning!
Scholar
#11 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 1:02 AM
Ooh, I just had a thought. I have a CC notebook that's based off a computer but has non-writing related interactions removed. I wonder if I could use this to apply the same rules to a CC typewriter?

EDIT: OH MY GOD! Any dining chair can now be transformed into a living chair! And vice-versa! So much new flexibility! Tables and deco items turned into dressers! Turn any object into a storage chest!

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun
Theorist
#12 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 2:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gingerxyz
Ooh, I just had a thought. I have a CC notebook that's based off a computer but has non-writing related interactions removed. I wonder if I could use this to apply the same rules to a CC typewriter?

EDIT: OH MY GOD! Any dining chair can now be transformed into a living chair! And vice-versa! So much new flexibility! Tables and deco items turned into dressers! Turn any object into a storage chest!

Oh I hope this works for weddings! Sims will only sit during wedding ceremonies in dining chairs but I have a wedding venue that's a church. Hopefully I can turn the pews into dining chairs so they'll sit down!

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Theorist
#14 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 10:39 AM
Also when you have a restaurant when sims won't use sectional seating , only using dining chairs.
I hope that can now be changed.
I'm guessing the fact that they also won't use bar stools won't be fixed because of the different height of those chairs

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Theorist
#15 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 2:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
@tangie0906

I'm always interested when I see modified screenshots. Would you mind sharing your specs for the screenshot? It looks amazing. You know, whether it is photoshopped, if you used HQ mod, ambient occlusion, GPU anti-aliasing? Thanks!

Heya. Thanks and the answer is no to all. No photoshopping (ain't got time for that), no HQ mod (never bothered to learn how to use it), and I don't really understand what the other stuff is. But I would be happy to look at my settings if you can tell me where to find those things. Oh wait, in NVIDIA Control Panel it says 'Ambient Occlusion not supported for this app', 'Antialiasing FXAA use global setting (off), 'Antialiasing - Gamma Correction use Global Setting (on)', and 'Antialiasing - Mode use Global Setting (application controlled).

I have a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 video card (just got this PC last December). ETA: The screenshot was uploaded to Flickr so maybe they have something to do with how it looks, too.

Laura's Legacy
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#16 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 3:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tangie0906
I turned the decorative cookie jar from the Store Bakery Set into a food maker that generates cookies.

Cookies? It looks like a jar of tribbles to me!

Great ideas for the use of the mod, though.
dodgy builder
#17 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 3:50 PM
I have been washing my flat all day. This thread is seriously annoying

What bloody mod!!? Give me a link or you're all liers.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 3:54 PM
Test Subject
#19 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 4:19 PM
Currently looking for a horse and carriage deco object to try this mod with an ingame car and see if i can make a themed vehicle for my not so modern neighborhoods and for storytelling purposes.
Theorist
#20 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 4:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Cookies? It looks like a jar of tribbles to me!

Great ideas for the use of the mod, though.

The trouble with tribbles!

Yes, maybe I should have looked for a custom cookie jar of higher quality.

I also took a deco fruit bowl and now it generates the apple and pear that Sandy at ATS3 made into morsels for her vending machine. :lovestruc

Laura's Legacy
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 4:50 PM
I have tried out a couple of things with Ani's Produce Stand. Unfortunately it does not work with regular tables (routing), but one can change the kid's bakery stand or lemonade stand into Produce Stands. I have wanted to have the same functions for the regular store object (the harvest stand) for ages, and now it can be done so easily!

Also, for medieval settings one could change deco paper sheets into the Multitab and have its functions without having 21st century technical stuff in your wooden cottage..or stone cottage, or castle or whatever they lived in back then

@Gingerxyz Yes, turning ANYTHING into a treasure /storage chest! That is so great! Or turning regular shelves into Ani's Savvier Seller shelves!

I've also turned a bar stool into a high chair for my toddler. It worked, but I'm pretty certain the toddler needs a surgery in his belly area now

Also, turning a regular bathtub into Arsil's mud bath tub, a regular shower into all-in-one bathrooms (I also turned an all in one bathroom into a fireplace, it started burning at the top..)
The canning station can be made into the teppanyiaki grill and vice versa... A regular toy into a voodoo doll...

Not everything can be changed, so it's good to share which things work
Theorist
#22 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 4:56 PM
I turned a deco outdoor pizza oven made by Jomsims at TSR into a Pizza Oven from Monte Vista. The pizza is invisible while sims do the motions of getting ready to bake it. Maybe because the deco oven does not have a shelf in front? I tried adding a shelf with MOO but then the sim got route failure. The pizza did show up when it was ready to stick into the oven.

Laura's Legacy
Test Subject
Original Poster
#23 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 5:31 PM
That's a nice idea tangie! I guess that has something to do with the missing shelf. Even though one would expect the dough to float in the air..
dodgy builder
#24 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 5:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LeeAlee
Here it is...no lie

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=592332

Thank you for the link, and no worries. Being a bit angry made me feel much better lol
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#25 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 9:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tangie0906
Yes, maybe I should have looked for a custom cookie jar of higher quality.

I also took a deco fruit bowl and now it generates the apple and pear that Sandy at ATS3 made into morsels for her vending machine. :lovestruc

Ah, I quite like the cookie jar, the 'faces' are friendly.

Wow, I'm off to raid Sandy's site again- I already have a whole bunch of her stuff but now you've given me so many ideas! :lovestruc
Page 1 of 4