Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#26 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 1:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
I usually play a couple of hoods at a time. The first is my main hood and I keep that one going all the time. Currently, it is my totalitarian hood, Monopoly (the cool one based on the game), and one I rotate around monthly. Right now, it's Middleground which is meant to be just a regular hood with regular rules

Monopoly is the funniest hood I've played in a while (since the last one anyway). The rules are horrible and the goal is have Council control over every aspect of sims' lives. Their happiness is not a consideration.
It begins when a sim is created or moved from the homeless bin into a living space ordered by the Council. They can put a single sim into a mansion or huge family into a tiny apartment. It is completely arbitrary.
Marriages are arbitrary and arranged by the Council. Sims might have a stranger show up at their door with a Council notice directing them to marry. Strangers are forced to room mates regarding of the size of their household.

Jobs are assigned. Sims are give their choice of three to five jobs. There is no waiting for a job that will suit the sim. If his desired occupation is on the list, then good. But otherwise they take what they get. Lazy sims can end up as athletes, though they aren't really good at it, pleasure sims can be assigned to work as scientists. It's all done by chance. And everyone must work. Books and paintings are lovely but must be done in spare time. Work is mandatory from teenage years to death.

Babies are awarded by lottery only. Anyone discovered with an unauthorized child will suffer extermination of the entire family (one is usually left alive to carry genetic material, which the Council thinks is important). Sometimes the baby is welcome. More often it is a trial of it's own, as the sim is forced to raise a child with a person he doesn't know. Elders are usually not thrilled with the prospect of raising a child in their declining years.
Taxes are 1/2 net worth (after 10, 000 sim deduction per legal member of household).

Midsummer's day is Purge Day. Pets are returned to adoption centers, elders are sent to their rewards, and other households are thinned according to the whimsy of the Council. It is an especially dangerous time because hidden children are sometimes discovered, leading to the extermination of the entire household.

Other infractions punished by extermination include, insanity and failure to have a job by work sweep (Fridays at 5:00 p.m.) New rules are prone to be instituted without notice.

I am fond of your style of 'government'. I had something similar, only there were various "ministers" of certain areas that collaborated over the lives of sims. Additionally, the system forbade greater than two kids, and frequently implemented "population" control. Anyhow, the system sounds rather organized, and effective. BTW, what is your current sim population? I love the concept of a totalitarian government and tax implementation! Feel free to dedicate a thread to your hood/government! And thanks for joining! :D
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#27 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 2:03 PM
Hey, thanks for the invite! I've been busy with school recently so I haven't had much time to play The Sims 2, but hopefully I'll be able to get back into it soon! (I do miss my Sims a bit...)
Instructor
Original Poster
#28 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 2:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by k6ka
Hey, thanks for the invite! I've been busy with school recently so I haven't had much time to play The Sims 2, but hopefully I'll be able to get back into it soon! (I do miss my Sims a bit...)

Thanks for joining! I'm pretty busy with school also ( in fact I'm supposed to be in class... shh..) ! But when you do get a chance to post, feel free to!
Instructor
Original Poster
#29 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 3:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Goldenbtrfly
Thanks for the invite! I just did a fresh install, so hopefully I will be able to remember to take pics or something so I can have some things to post!
If not, I hope a text update is good enough.

Hello Golden, and thank you for joining! I hope you enjoy being a part of this group! Sorry I couldn't get back earlier as I was asleep

What's going on in your game group here: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdis...546&groupid=906
Check it out ;)
Instructor
Original Poster
#30 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 3:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by animated
Thanks for the invitation! I'm currently just getting back into TS2 now. No idea when I'll be able to document on what's going on, but hopefully it's soon!

I hope so too! Thanks for joining :D

What's going on in your game group here: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdis...546&groupid=906
Check it out ;)
Instructor
Original Poster
#31 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 3:36 PM Last edited by Emperor Crat : 10th Apr 2017 at 4:45 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by whoward69
Hello! Modding more than playing at the moment (unless you include lots of short-term tester Sims ... I feel so sorry for their shortened pixel lives!) But one day Seahouses Bay will take up my time again, and then I may just get round to posting ... or I could just go back and find all the links to past events there in the odd-photos and 4-photos one story threads ...

Hi! Sorry for not responding, as I was sleeping ! But thanks for joining, whoward69!! Seahouses Bay sounds interesting, is it nautical? Anyways, thanks again, and be sure to share !

Check it out ;)
Instructor
Original Poster
#33 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 4:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PlatinumPlumbbob
My current custom neighborhood is called "Flatland", but the name is tentative. That's the neighborhood name, because the neighborhood is based on the Driftwood template, and the Driftwood template appears flat. Hence Flatland. At the moment, I just feel like building stuff in the Sims 2 game; and I have built a couple of residential buildings in Flatland. They are named in a Maxis fashion. I'd name the house first, make a hyphen, and add the number of bedrooms and bathrooms. Though, I feel like some houses can make room for more bedrooms. The number that I write down in the lot name represents the minimum number of bedrooms in the house. I plan on making more residential lots and apartment lots and community lots, while giving the neighborhood a Sim City feel. There will be an urban center and suburban and rural subdivisions. If I go long enough without adding a single family in, I may even consider uploading the entire neighborhood to ModTheSims and re-naming it to "Sim City".

Sound rather interesting! Please be sure to post pictures (if possible) and keep us uupdated on the hood . I would love to download it if you were to upload it and would be willing to give feedback/criticism if needed . I'm not very good at arranging cities, so maybe I could learn a thing or too .
(I'm supposed to be in class now... ugh )

Check it out ;)
Scholar
#34 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 5:16 PM
Thanks for the invite! I only started weaning off pure vanilla in January this year, so I'm constantly amazed at the things people are able to do with the 'same game' I'm playing.
Instructor
Original Poster
#35 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 5:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BlueAlien
Thanks for the invite! I only started weaning off pure vanilla in January this year, so I'm constantly amazed at the things people are able to do with the 'same game' I'm playing.

You're most welcome . And thank you for joining, I hope you enjoy this group! My game is considerably modded (mostly for annoyances) and honestly I don't know what I'd do without them. Tonight I'll probably post a thread . I'm sure we'd all be interested to know what goes on in your game !

Check it out ;)
Link Ninja
#36 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 6:47 PM
I got my thread in, hopefully I can have some updates. I do a number of things from adding new mods, to going on CC download binges and actually playing vs. Doing story pics. So it'll be whatever.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Theorist
#37 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 6:55 PM
Hi Emperor Crat. Thanks for the invitation.

I started a new hood last month. My previous one (started in 2010) was crashing and I was tired of trying to solve my issues.

My new custom hood is called Bonneville (in English it'd be Goodtown) and started with 10 sims. It's a relaxed BACC/integrated hood (well not so integrated). I'm trying to figure things out as I go. I like to start from scratch and see how things evolve.
I'd rather play hands off and I don't like to plan ahead since the little pixels are making sure they mess my plans. I'm not a storyteller but now and then I post some pictures in the TS2 threads.

The map is rather empty ATM and I'm decorating as I go. I also don't like building (I suck at it) but I have to if I want to play. Yesterday I had to build a farm
Link Ninja
#38 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 7:01 PM
Essa, do you download lots? It makes 'building' go a whole lot faster! There's a few farm lots on MTS, even public community lots if you need to construct a downtown setting.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Theorist
#39 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 7:07 PM
I barely download lots.
Either they're too pricey for my sims and I dislike cheating for money, or they're too small or too big.
So, I'm building boxes. No worry, I can live with it. ;-)
Instructor
Original Poster
#40 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 7:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Essa
Hi Emperor Crat. Thanks for the invitation.

I started a new hood last month. My previous one (started in 2010) was crashing and I was tired of trying to solve my issues.

My new custom hood is called Bonneville (in English it'd be Goodtown) and started with 10 sims. It's a relaxed BACC/integrated hood (well not so integrated). I'm trying to figure things out as I go. I like to start from scratch and see how things evolve.
I'd rather play hands off and I don't like to plan ahead since the little pixels are making sure they mess my plans. I'm not a storyteller but now and then I post
The map is rather empty ATM and I'm decorating as I go. I also don't like building (I suck at it) but I have to if I want to play. Yesterday I had to build a farm
Hi Essa, Thanks for joining ! My hood is also developing and I'd love to hear more about Bonneville! Be sure to keep us updated, and we'll be sure to provide feedback!

Check it out ;)
Instructor
Original Poster
#41 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 7:11 PM Last edited by Emperor Crat : 10th Apr 2017 at 7:30 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
I got my thread in, hopefully I can have some updates. I do a number of things from adding new mods, to going on CC download binges and actually playing vs. Doing story pics. So it'll be whatever.

Thanks for posting Charmful! I'd love to hear any updates involving your gameplay! Your hoods are beautiful btw!

Check it out ;)
Mad Poster
#42 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 7:35 PM
@Essa did you know that Bonneville is also the name of a compagnie that actually build prefab houses? Les Industries Bonneville..I think it is called. Here in Québec anyway.
*That was totally random.*
I love to read the names and last names you give your sims at times, in some picture threads. Some make me giggle..I actually know them, and/or it is kind of popular where I live.

I was thinking of starting a new 'Hood from scratch..again. Not because mine is showing signs of age or anything. Just because I'd like to start fresh, and trying something else as what I usually do..aka : n'importe quoi..oops! I mean, random whatevers lol.

Though I would start with minimum family founders. I would cheat, and use the sims I've already make that I know..for having seen it happen, make beautiful offspring.
That would take a long time before my new town fills up...but i would not mind. Then again, I would still need some fresh blood so not everyone ends up being related.
I think I suck at decorating Neighborhoods. I never really practiced...Simmies never go far, and what you see from a lot is quite limited. So i never quite bother to make it pretty from Hood view. This is not where I'll spend most of my time!

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Theorist
#43 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 7:55 PM
@Rosebine
I didn't now that. I'm currently taking motorbike riding lessons and Triumph has a model called Bonneville.
When I created the hood I wanted it to be the good one so Bonneville it was. I'd like it to be a better version of Paray-Roches-Noires and Granville.
When it comes to name I like to use rare French sounding names or a random generator. I also use some fun sounding names (I love Aimé Lamour and Ella Ducharme).
I think that the surname Thibodeau sounds really from Quebec, doesn't it?
Mad Poster
#44 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 7:59 PM
Oui! indeed..that is the one that made me laugh the most. You have no idea how it is common here...lol
Lagaçé is also pretty common here as a last name. Imagine if you had a sim named Yvon to go with it...

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Theorist
#45 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 8:13 PM
One of my latest sim had the name Lagaçé (with a c instead of ç) in my previous hood.
You make me want to rename Nathan Grandbois. Lagacé would fit him more.
Instructor
#46 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 10:25 PM
Hi Emperor Crat! Thanks for inviting me. I'm not playing a lot ATM due to university, but as soon as I sort things out (basically, getting used to a new lifestyle), I might post something here, but about what, I don't know. Should it be about my megahood (my favorite maxis hoods combined) or about that family I made for testing, and ended up in three of the four main games? Hmmm...
Instructor
Original Poster
#47 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 10:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by velvetina
Hi Emperor Crat! Thanks for inviting me. I'm not playing a lot ATM due to university, but as soon as I sort things out (basically, getting used to a new lifestyle), I might post something here, but about what, I don't know. Should it be about my megahood (my favorite maxis hoods combined) or about that family I made for testing, and ended up in three of the four main games? Hmmm...

Hi vevetina, and thanks for posting! I can understand the school struggles ( I'm in a study hall right now). I'd love to hear about both your Megahood AND your favorite family. Both could be really intriguing to read about! I plan to post about the hood I just made. Anyways, thanks a lot for joining!

Check it out ;)
Mad Poster
#48 Old 11th Apr 2017 at 10:11 AM
Thank you for the invitation, Emperor Crat! I have two hoods right now-Mosquito Creek and my beloved (and resurrected) Thalia.

I don't take many decent pictures of either (using the in-game camera is rather limiting) but I do have some storylines to post about Thalia..perhaps I'll start my own thread with it.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Forum Resident
#49 Old 11th Apr 2017 at 10:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
Thank you for the invitation, Emperor Crat! I have two hoods right now-Mosquito Creek and my beloved (and resurrected) Thalia.

I don't take many decent pictures of either (using the in-game camera is rather limiting) but I do have some storylines to post about Thalia..perhaps I'll start my own thread with it.

Why don't you download Fraps? Then you are free for using the in-game camera

I build small houses *^*

Page 2 of 7