Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th May 2017 at 9:14 PM
Default Sims Mobile
Just saw this. Your thoughts? A lot is like 4. There are things 4 does not have. Staff is being moved around and there are new hires for 4. Is this just an app rip-off of 4? Needed? Confirmation that 4 really was to be an app??? LOL

https://simsvip.com/2017/05/09/maxi...es-sims-mobile/
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 9th May 2017 at 9:23 PM
Heard it's free with in app purchases, which probably means quest play (Freeplay) unless it's online game. Has more interest in it than in original game. Actually, original game was planned to be this, so I'm not surprised. They just simplified the graphics. It even has UI similar to olympus.

We'll see where it goes.

Also, why did they even do this? I am now 100% sure that sims 4 is a disgrace even to them now...
Mad Poster
#3 Old 9th May 2017 at 9:29 PM
I have no words.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#4 Old 9th May 2017 at 9:32 PM
Did anyone spot the phrase "deeper stories" ? I guess they realised we got sick of hearing about weirder ones.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Field Researcher
#5 Old 9th May 2017 at 9:34 PM Last edited by awesomechick979 : 9th May 2017 at 9:52 PM.
I was just going to create this thread, but I got busy at the last minute. Glad someone created this! It's imperative for us simmers to discuss.

Well, I'm not going to jump to conclusions and state it's the end of the sims on pc. I will say I don't care for any sims on mobile game. Mobile games are lackluster and can become quite expensive...and addictive while on the crapper. It is strange and a little concerning that the textures look similar to The Sims 4, causing some players to think it is the end of the sims on pc. I think those are the same textures-I'm not sure at the moment.

Even if Sims were to get transferred permanently onto mobile, in a similar fashion to the beloved SimCity franchise, I wouldn't care. EA is going to EA. Where ever the dollar and less work takes them is the direction they will go in. It would suck if The Sims gets sent to mobile and the pc games are completely done with since so many players are inspired by these types of games and want to see improvements and new additions added into the game such as bunnies (what a run on sentence!). But I still don't trust EA to deliver or care to deliver what some simmers want for their games. Have cars been added yet? Is Pets coming? Can I get some witches? What about bunnies? Toddlers are nice but some players want more.

With that said, I encourage all who are reading this to go get some snacks and drinks just in case a mob of angry simmers goes off. I will be back once my food arrives.

Edit: Hold the plumbob, Bella, when did The Sims Forums change its look? Originally, you had the General section, Sims 4 section, then The Sims 3, and previous games section from my memory the last time I visited. Now you have the General category, The Sims, and now The Sims Mobile. Ummmm...... Maybe I'm late to this change???? Please correct me. Take a look for yourself: https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/categories

Edit 2: Okay, this is the last time I'm editing this post. Why is the Sims 4 section looking so scarce since the last time I visited? Maybe...maybe they are neatly organizing things. I must admit it looks nicer...yea...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 9th May 2017 at 9:45 PM
I definitely would prefer to have the resources being used for PC versions, but I cannot say this is something that a lot of did us not expect. EA seems to have wanted to move this direction a while. I have played since the original game released and know I am not the player they want any longer. I tried freeplay twice on my ipad and deleted it darn soon each time. I would rather have these resources go to a well done 5 IF that is possible. And even to something like real teens or pre-teens for this version. I would rather have them have opened more areas of the worlds than work on this, and do a zillion other things. Guess as I am not 12 I am not excited about this so far. I am sure I will download it and then delete it.

edit: just read the comments on the official new forums - a lot of unhappy campers.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 9th May 2017 at 9:46 PM
Ok, dismiss what I said in previous post. The game is SIMS FREEPLAY with augmented graphics. You have to unlock features trough quests and you wait real time for your sims to complete actions.

Nope, not interested.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 9th May 2017 at 9:59 PM
Don't we already have Sims Freeplay or is that not a thing anymore?

https://twitter.com/TheSimsStyle/st...024417777504257
lol free to play? more like pay to play
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 9th May 2017 at 10:02 PM
Two same games, with different graphics... is Freeplay under EA. If they plan on releasing this, they should take Freeplay off the market. It will be pointless once this comes out.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 9th May 2017 at 10:09 PM
Ah, okay. I did some more reading and apparently, the sims team is still working on packs for the Sims 4. Something about a family gp and an sp from Graham, from what I've read. And wasn't there a rumor that Pets were coming? Now, I'm getting some mixed info. Let me go check SimsVIP right quick...
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 9th May 2017 at 10:14 PM
Sad!

Although I do admit, I am morbidly curious. Why is it launching in Brazil all of places? I might give it a try when it comes here. It does cost as much as I'm willing to pay for TS4, after all.
Forum Resident
#12 Old 9th May 2017 at 10:44 PM
This game and sims 4 look exactly the same to me. I felt like I was watching a new expac trailer for 4 but with uglier sims.

Who asked for this?
Field Researcher
#13 Old 9th May 2017 at 10:46 PM
Not only will EA be offering The Sims Mobile, they confirmed they will still be funding development on Freeplay.

So while the PC user base pleads for a better game, EA says 'fuck you' and instead ports the PC game to mobile and gives it a setup that's virtually identical to Freeplay. I don't know who exactly they're trying to target here. If Freeplay is still gonna get new stuff, do they honestly think people are going to just buy into the remake as well?

They could have done better. Even for a free to play game, they could have done a lot better.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 9th May 2017 at 10:54 PM
I do think it's messed up how some of the things players have been asking for to be added in TS4 is instead in the mobile game. Some posters on SimsVIP pointed out there was a normal sized microscope, a fashion career and some other stuff. If toddlers are in this game as well and not released in some patch, pitchforks and fire torches will be out.

Why would they release this mobile game when they already have freeplay? That's what I want to know.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 9th May 2017 at 11:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by awesomechick979
I do think it's messed up how some of the things players have been asking for to be added in TS4 is instead in the mobile game. Some posters on SimsVIP pointed out there was a normal sized microscope, a fashion career and some other stuff. If toddlers are in this game as well and not released in some patch, pitchforks and fire torches will be out.

Why would they release this mobile game when they already have freeplay? That's what I want to know.

My guess would be to make more money. FP isnt developed by Maxis, or even in the US so the profit doesn't go solely to EA.

This new game has been developed by Maxis using an established game and established content (The Sims 4 + Addons). Anything they want to add they can port from the PC game, and all of the profit goes to EA. Their decision to keep developing freeplay is what I do not agree with. They have a half assed PC game with customers literally telling them what they need to do to get their money and instead they focus on exploiting players on mobile who were already being exploited by cash grab freeplay.
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 9th May 2017 at 11:42 PM
Yeah Freeplay was given to Fire monkey studios (Australia). I remember it because a girl from my country is a lead developer on the game, which I found quite nice tbh. But, obviously, the EA is either shutting down their game, or they are just wasting their budget (not really, as they already have all the assets) and all of their time on placing a pointless product on the market.

If this thing somehow succeeds and be one of the best mobile games this year, or at least becomes worthy of few updates... I am literally allowing someone to kill me.
Smeg Head
#17 Old 9th May 2017 at 11:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by awesomechick979
Ah, okay. I did some more reading and apparently, the sims team is still working on packs for the Sims 4. Something about a family gp and an sp from Graham, from what I've read. And wasn't there a rumor that Pets were coming? Now, I'm getting some mixed info. Let me go check SimsVIP right quick...

Pets is coming alright. Not only did we get the "species" tag implemented into the coding with the toddler patch, but in the XMLs that deal with postures, - for how sims must stand and sit to begin each interaction animation, I've found coding specifically for DOG postures, named as such. So, I can't speak for the whole kit an caboodle of pets, but we're certainly getting dogs sometime soon. Ones that can sit, apparently.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Forum Resident
#18 Old 9th May 2017 at 11:48 PM
Here's the official link:

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-mobile

This doesn't mean it's the end of the PC game. EA create mobile versions of TS2 and TS3 as well... This was bound to happen eventually.

One thing I noticed were fall leaves at 0:50 seconds. Gosh I want seasons in TS4.
Inventor
#19 Old 9th May 2017 at 11:56 PM
The Sims 4 for PC looks like a port from this mobile game.
Smeg Head
#20 Old 10th May 2017 at 12:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by douglasveiga
The Sims 4 for PC looks like a port from this mobile game.

Doesn't it just. For those who have inexplicably felt TS4 has been like one big, long two and a half year beta experiment, this might just be the reason for it all. Let's turn the conspiracy theory dial to max. EA seems to be finally heading in the right direction with the franchise. Not the direction most of us wanted them to head, but the one they've been hankering after from the start.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Mad Poster
#21 Old 10th May 2017 at 12:26 AM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 10th May 2017 at 12:38 AM.
Lol, EA just proved that the PC game acts/behave as a mobile game itself despite the platform it uses. If you were to compare the TS4 mobile trailer with the PC game to TS3 PC&Smartphone, the smartphone trailer of TS4 just shows how all the dlc features (Dine out, Spa day, Get together) from the PC can be handle by a portable device/console/platform system.

My point? The Trailer of this announced mobile game just shows how shallow TS4 in PC form is, to the point that even their upcoming advertised smartphone game in their new trailer makes it indentical to the pc version with all the features from the current Game&Expansion Packs. Even the console games, from the three past iterations, through all the franchise series never introduce big additions/features from more than 1 expansion pack. Despite being recreated by expansion packs names, all of those expansion came as different games and you couldn't expand the "base game" from there. Now out of nowhere, they manage to cramp in all out of the three expansion packs big aspacts (according to what I witness in the trailer: visible restaurant/chef, open spa lot, club system) in one big mobile app as a game that resembles TS4. Like, wtf?

Does what I said made any sense? My english is bad, so sorry If all of this sounds like gibbrish/fart-ish.

Quote:
The Sims is Mobile is confirmed to be a Free-to-Play game, which means you can play the game for free, but be ready for micro-transactions if you want to advance quickly or unlock new features. Free-to-Play games also force players to have to play in real time, which means you have to wait minutes, and sometimes hours, to complete certain actions.

...And from that, I can tell that I won't be playing this game for too long and just delete it real soon. Though, that doesn't mean I won't give it a try (If it happens to be free).
Instructor
#22 Old 10th May 2017 at 12:36 AM
Looks like TS5 arrived early.

Own Grandma's Canning Station? Check out the Canning Station Overhaul.
Like doing laundry? Check out the Infinite Laundry Buffs Fix.
Mad Poster
#23 Old 10th May 2017 at 12:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Butterbot
Looks like TS5 arrived early.

Don't get your hopes so. It might be another version of TS4 with a minor difference of being portable. Besides, SimsVip just confirmed that some actions require real life hours/minutes to be completed. That's something that I would want or imagine TS5 (dream game) to be like .
Inventor
#24 Old 10th May 2017 at 1:06 AM
Prepare your pockets!

Screenshots
Scholar
#25 Old 10th May 2017 at 1:44 AM
Well they are a lot cuter than the freeplay sims, but I just can't get into mobile sims
Page 1 of 4