Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th May 2017 at 2:00 PM
Default How do you simulate "explosion"?
In TS3, you have meteors and detonation. Is there something similar to the sims 2?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 27th May 2017 at 2:03 PM
You can create a crater in build mode, then use that "fire shooting thing" object (Forgot what its called) from NL. Place the ''fire shooting thing'' in the middle of the crater, then ta-da you have a meteor-hit-looking hole. Also you can make the whole a dark color
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th May 2017 at 2:05 PM
What about detonating stuff?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 27th May 2017 at 2:10 PM
There is the fire bomb. Simwardrobe, grab it on the wayback machine since it's down and we don't know if it will be back.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#5 Old 27th May 2017 at 2:12 PM
Paladin has an incendiary bomb that creates a big fire. Site seems to be down at the moment though so can't tell you where it is. According to the read me, it creates an inferno when it detonates, and you choose if the size of the blast radios. 1x1 to 8x8. Any object that can burn, or Sim, within that radios will be set on fire.

I've never used it, but I intend to once I start a homeless Sim challenge. Going to use it to make his house burn down to explain why he's homeless.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 27th May 2017 at 2:14 PM
Is a there an hack that summons meteor at anytime, any object and even through ceiling? Fire doesn't do it for me as an "explosion".
Scholar
#7 Old 27th May 2017 at 3:44 PM Last edited by DezzyBoo : 28th May 2017 at 12:53 AM.
Okay this is the best I could do: Default Meteor for satellite

Custom Cance of death by satellite There is one option for 100% of the time.

I recommend this mod too. Make sure you get the Smarter EP Check too.

I am heartbroken SimWardrobe is down! And hey, @SneakyWingPhoenix if you want the bomb I can send it to you via PM here

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Forum Resident
#8 Old 27th May 2017 at 4:12 PM
If you have Seasons, the weather controlling aspiration reward can fail and cause meteors to fall. That doesn't seem to have any effect on sims though.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 27th May 2017 at 5:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DezzyBoo
And you will need this mod for it all to work properly. Make sure you get the Smarter EP Check too.

Sorry to be a stickler but no. Cyjons mod is not required for my mod to work properly. It can be used in combination to increase chances without it being 100%, but my mod will work as intended without it.

Of course you might have meant something else by "work properly", but for the sake of clarity I'd prefer for it to be clear that my mod does not require Cyjon's. I rather doubt the plumbbob one does either, since it seems to just be a default replacement for the satellite, but I could be wrong.

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#10 Old 27th May 2017 at 5:58 PM
Paladin's bomb is very amusing I must say - seen some great firestorms with that.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#11 Old 27th May 2017 at 6:16 PM
The bomb is quite alarming.

There is also a MATY mod called "Rocks fall, everyone dies", which works using the weather controller. Apparently, the name is literal, and it will destroy lots. So use with caution!

Also, don't overlook this incredible build set: http://modthesims.info/d/350615

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Alchemist
#12 Old 27th May 2017 at 9:24 PM
closest thing to meteors in Sims2's shipped version I would guess would be base game's Satellite death; "Watch Clouds" or "Stargaze" ground interactions, or force through either "Rodney's Death Creator" ("Spawn" object) or some hack (insimenator is one).

detonation; not sure what would be closest in shipped version.

general explosion effect; fires seem similar.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#13 Old 27th May 2017 at 9:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
There is also a MATY mod called "Rocks fall, everyone dies", which works using the weather controller. Apparently, the name is literal, and it will destroy lots. So use with caution!

Link please? I can't find it here.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 27th May 2017 at 10:22 PM
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,14598.0.html It's second from the bottom in the first post.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 27th May 2017 at 10:28 PM
It's one of Rufio's. It used to be available from the link in the above post, but I'm getting a 404 error on all of his mods now. His Dropbox account appears to have been closed. I have a few of his mods, but unfortunately that's not one of the ones that I have.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 27th May 2017 at 10:39 PM
Oh, sorry...didn't actually try downloading the mod. That sucks.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#17 Old 27th May 2017 at 10:53 PM
Thanks for everyone so far, but it isn't the thing I was looking for Well I guess I'll have to stick with my "imagination".
Scholar
#18 Old 28th May 2017 at 12:54 AM
@gummilutt I fixed it Sorry, worded it wrong.

Darn I woulda loved that rocks fall one

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Mad Poster
#19 Old 28th May 2017 at 1:27 AM
Thank you :lovestruc Very kind! I realize I am a PITA when it comes to incorrect or misleading information, so I appreciate it when people put up with it

Mad Poster
#20 Old 28th May 2017 at 2:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DezzyBoo
Darn I woulda loved that rocks fall one

Some of the other ones looked interesting too. I wonder if they're available anywhere else.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 28th May 2017 at 5:23 AM
Here are the six Rufio mods that I have from that page:

noautofishing - Prevents sims from autonomously fishing, so you can place decorative ponds on apartments and community lots without flooding the economy with free fish.

noLTApermaplat - Sims will no longer go permaplat just due to maximizing LTA points. Sims that have gone permaplat due to maximizing LTA points can have their permaplat bit unset via the lot debugger, and it will actually stay unset rather than reverting back later because EA decided that it was necessary to check for LTA permaplat status every single hour. Sims will continue to gain LTA points and perk points normally.

nomotiverefreshonarrive - Sims will no longer have all their motives refreshed just because they drove to a community lot.

nostealfromfriends - Sims who steal newspapers just because they are mean will no longer steal newspapers or lawn ornaments if everyone most people in the house are either friends or a family members on good terms. If you have my ExtendedFamily hack installed, this will include whatever extended family is recognized by that hack. Furious sims will continue to steal newspapers as normal.

showerfixes - Allows servos to clean and repair showers, and changes communal showers to really be communal, even when being used by children and teens. Probably conflicts with hacks that affect privacy. For just the servo changes, get ServosCleanRepairShower instead.

tabularasahack - The Tabula Rasa spell now also erases all relationships with other sims as well as erasing memories, causing it to have an actual effect on gameplay. Other sims are not affected, except to delete any marriage/engagement/going steady flags that would result in inconsistent states. For some reason, not all sims are removed from the relationship panel, and relationship flags with pets are not deleted, but the relationships are correctly reduced to 0/0, so it shouldn't make much difference. Family ties are not affected - it will simply be as if the sim had never met any of their relatives (or anyone else).
Attached files:
File Type: zip  SixRufioMods.zip (2.8 KB, 28 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Six of Rufio's mods from the link in post # 14
Mad Poster
#22 Old 29th May 2017 at 9:32 PM
I have rocksfall if I'm allowed to upload it here? Otherwise someone who has SFS can have it to upload it. I've never used it.

Mad Poster
#23 Old 29th May 2017 at 11:39 PM
I don't see why you shouldn't upload the rocksfall mod here. This isn't the first time that I've uploaded mods that have gone missing from the internet and nobody's told me not to do it.
Mad Poster
#24 Old 30th May 2017 at 12:10 PM
Okay, here you go I don't seem to have an RTFM for it so use at your own risk. Info is at MATY. Rufio does say to NOT!! use this with any sims or lots you are particularly attached to.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  rocksfalleveryonedies.zip (1.6 KB, 51 downloads) - View custom content

Mad Poster
#25 Old 30th May 2017 at 6:07 PM
Thanks for uploading that. I just HAVE to try this out to see what it looks like!
Page 1 of 2