Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
#26 Old 6th Jun 2017 at 7:35 PM
I've had lots of technical problems with sims 3, but I still played it over those problems because it is a fucking GOOD GAME. Better than sims 4 that is. And yeah, as much as you would like to think that there is no people that can run the broken game that sims 3 is, in fact there is a lot of such players. For some reason, after instaling certain mods my gam runs perfectly well and I am content with how it plays.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#27 Old 6th Jun 2017 at 7:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mixa97sr
I've had lots of technical problems with sims 3, but I still played it over those problems because it is a fucking GOOD GAME. Better than sims 4 that is. And yeah, as much as you would like to think that there is no people that can run the broken game that sims 3 is, in fact there is a lot of such players. For some reason, after instaling certain mods my gam runs perfectly well and I am content with how it plays.

It's always the people that have had the worst problems with TS3 that think everyone else did too. So when a Simmer says that "no one" has a smooth or playable or unlaggy or whatever TS3, they're really speaking for themselves.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#28 Old 6th Jun 2017 at 7:43 PM Last edited by daisylee : 7th Jun 2017 at 1:55 AM.
I did the LAA in the past and am not sure I even redid that when I did a factory reset in 2015 and reinstalled 3. I use Nraas for overwatch to clean some things, but other than that have not used anything to make performance better. I did merge package files when I had about 30000 CC items. My game runs well. The only lag ever was on a 64x64 farm packed with crops that would lag a bit.
Top Secret Researcher
#29 Old 6th Jun 2017 at 7:48 PM
LAA helps by a lot!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#30 Old 6th Jun 2017 at 7:57 PM
LAA has been enabled by default since Pets came out - 1.26, I think. So unless I'm mistaken, there's no need to do it yourself.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Forum Resident
#32 Old 6th Jun 2017 at 8:33 PM
I'm surprised by how popular TS4 is in the current results.
Test Subject
#33 Old 6th Jun 2017 at 9:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lakme

I kinda expected it since the player base seemed to fracture quite a bit when sims 3 came out. There were those who moved on and fell in love and those who stayed behind and hoped sims 4 would be better. And by the time sims 4 came out, the player base was already quite divided and about to become more so. For example, I've been playing Sims 2 for so much longer than I might've had I been satisfied with Sims 3. On one hand I find I'm more against change that I might have been otherwise but on the other, Sims 4 is something of a step up from Sims 2 (performance and graphic wise) and might be the best I can expect to get so I've just cried uncle and given in Also, with each iteration being so different and not always carrying over favored features, it's more likely players will dig their heels in and stay where they're comfortable or with the game that meets their needs.

I'm actually more surprised at the average age of players but seeing them makes EA's marketing more sensible to me now.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#34 Old 6th Jun 2017 at 9:22 PM

You should've seen how popular TS4 is on the officials. Actually, you can. I had to close the survey off to them because once I'd posted it on the TS4 boards, dozens of kids started flooding the survey with biased ratings.
The kind where TS2/3 and Maxis all got a 1/10, and where TS4 and EA both got a 10/10. Fuck off, I'm not having that on my survey.
Just look at these results, they're useless now. Ruined.

insert signature here
Forum Resident
#35 Old 6th Jun 2017 at 9:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
You should've seen how popular TS4 is on the officials. Actually, you can. I had to close the survey off to them because once I'd posted it on the TS4 boards, dozens of kids started flooding the survey with biased ratings.
The kind where TS2/3 and Maxis all got a 1/10, and where TS4 and EA both got a 10/10. Fuck off, I'm not having that on my survey.

Just look at these results, they're useless now. Ruined.
Biased rating - Isn't that just their opinion? Maybe they really felt this way? I mean it makes sense that you'll get different results if you post the survey on different platforms/social medias.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#36 Old 6th Jun 2017 at 9:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hiabara
Biased rating - Isn't that just their opinion? Maybe they really felt this way? I mean it makes sense that you'll get different results if you post the survey on different platforms/social medias.

Well obviously I need to be reasonably certain that the results I've been getting do not actually reflect the public opinion. As I said in the thread there:
Quote:
When there's a disproportionate amount of votes for one thing, especially where there generally shouldn't be, it's relatively easy to determine whether people are being sincere or not. And the large number of 10/10 votes on TS4 coincide with the large number of 1/10 votes on TS2 and TS3, and a specific age group of people, which reeks of dishonesty.

And, what's more:
Quote:
Another clear indicator is that 30% said they miss toddlers in TS4, even though toddlers have been in the game for months. You obviously can't miss something that's there already.

insert signature here
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 6th Jun 2017 at 9:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
It is hard to take you seriously when you use logical fallacies like this.

I mean, you are entitled to your opinion whether you think TS3 is a good game or not. You are even free to express "it doesn't even close close to being a good game." But when you draw your argument into argumentum ad hominem without any justification, it trivializes your whole point.

Well it's hard to take you seriously when you hide behind the "everything is a matter of opinion" card...

Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
You argue running another game at 90 FPS again failing to make an accurate comparison of game type, age of the game, and performance playability and also based on another person's video. For all you know the issue has to do with faulty video recorders being used in those videos. I've personally have uploaded my own TS3 video fully with mods running at 60 FPS and my system is not even a gaming system.

...and pretend that I never actually played The Sims 3 myself just because I brought up someone else's comparison as well. Didn't we have a similar discussion before? I'm pretty sure you used similar tactics back then as well.

I'm not reading the rest of that. Good luck finding that one fool person who will take you seriously. Cheers

People might act like they hate EA, and hey maybe they genuinely do, but the fact is their brand has more power than ever. They are the Ferrari of the gaming industry: no matter how crap and overpriced their product is, as long as their brand is on it it will attract customers.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#38 Old 6th Jun 2017 at 11:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by newlibertysims
We take @nitromon very seriously around here.

Yeah, you're not gonna get much respect arguing with the nitromon. Especially not when you're wrong.

insert signature here
Inventor
#39 Old 6th Jun 2017 at 11:30 PM
I think someone is trolling the survey. A few hours ago, TS2/TS3 were far ahead TS4 suddenly their rating dropped and TS4 raised very fast.
Field Researcher
#40 Old 7th Jun 2017 at 12:27 AM
Today I was reviewing the result and it drives me crazy. Look at those 1 star on sims 1 2 3. Are these real? Like,sims 4 really stomped out other sims series.
Mad Poster
#41 Old 7th Jun 2017 at 12:59 AM
Well obviously I need to be reasonably certain that the results I've been getting do not actually reflect the public opinion.
Did you mean to say that? Isn't the point of a survey is to find out what the people are thinking?

I sort of want to combine the middle to older aged groups into one group of older adults who are 45+. That would represent 28% of the respondents.
Forum Resident
#42 Old 7th Jun 2017 at 3:39 AM
Wow, what happened to the results? The most obvious thing to me was on the "When sims 5 comes out, how much do you think you'll play it" And it went from majority "you can't know that"; which is the most sensible answer on the list to "all the time" which is.....ridiculous.
the charts
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#43 Old 7th Jun 2017 at 9:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Weisskreuz
Wow, what happened to the results? The most obvious thing to me was on the "When sims 5 comes out, how much do you think you'll play it" And it went from majority "you can't know that"; which is the most sensible answer on the list to "all the time" which is.....ridiculous.
the charts

Like I said, it's why I shut down the survey on the officials. These answers, they're bullshit. There's no way people are being for real.

insert signature here
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#44 Old 7th Jun 2017 at 1:33 PM
Update:
I have reviewed the responses and concluded that fake responses were indeed given. There are dozens of identical responses, each clearly given by the same individual. I will delete all but one of them.
For the record, this person does in fact hang their toilet paper facing the wall, and they also play their games at the very lowest graphics settings, on <720p, on a >$3000 iMac running an outdated OS.

insert signature here
Theorist
#45 Old 7th Jun 2017 at 3:24 PM
Update:
For the record, this person does in fact hang their toilet paper facing the wall, and they also play their games at the very lowest graphics settings, on <720p, on a >$3000 iMac running an outdated OS.

Facing the wall? That heathen! D;
Top Secret Researcher
#46 Old 7th Jun 2017 at 3:28 PM
Wow... sabotaged survey. People really are toxic when it comes to Sims 4.
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 7th Jun 2017 at 4:03 PM Last edited by Wunderkind : 7th Jun 2017 at 4:04 PM. Reason: corrected typos
I still remember the sims community from the olden days when sims 2 was near its end and the sims 3 was to be released. It was a much friendlier place. Everyone gets so defensive and personal about their sims game of choice. I am old as **** so I am gonna blame, I don't know social media, facebook and general nastiness online. I enjoy sims 3 but I am fine with someone who rather plays 2 or 4. whatever floats you boat, just be happy and go play the stupid game. There is no need to sabotag a survey or insult other players.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#48 Old 7th Jun 2017 at 5:04 PM
I'm not defensive at all about that sort of thing. Why should I be, I think everyone should have the freedom to like The Sims 1, 2, 3, or to go fuck themselves.

insert signature here
Mad Poster
#49 Old 7th Jun 2017 at 9:52 PM
I'm not defensive at all about that sort of thing. Why should I be, I think everyone should have the freedom to like The Sims 1, 2, 3, or to go fuck themselves.
Make that Sims 1, 2, 3, or 4 . And, of course people are free to like what they will.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#50 Old 7th Jun 2017 at 10:22 PM Last edited by GrijzePilion : 7th Jun 2017 at 10:48 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
Make that Sims 1, 2, 3, or 4 . And, of course people are free to like what they will.

Wow, the joke went right over your head, didn't it?

insert signature here
Page 2 of 3