Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Newlywed Home - Pink - No CC!

by Goldenbtrfly Posted 12th Jul 2017 at 7:04 AM - Updated 16th Jul 2017 at 10:07 PM by Goldenbtrfly : title change

20 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 9 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Instructor
THANKS POST
#2 Old 12th Jul 2017 at 8:57 AM
I thank you for such a cute home, especially because the deco is in bright color schemes. I usually wind up replacing most of the interior wall colors and objects because I don't like dark interiors. I am anticipating the others in the series.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#3 Old 12th Jul 2017 at 3:41 PM
Yeah, you did it again!!!! As Atymer already mentioned, I like bright houses too. And I love the colour pink, although being already multiple grandma (I believe somehow I'm still a little girl). So thank you very much for sharing it with us!!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#4 Old 12th Jul 2017 at 3:42 PM
This newlywed starter comes in at around 11500 unfurnished - I did add carpet and tiles to the plywood floors.

When I start a sim in a new (unfurnished) starter I really furnish it in a Spartan way, no decoration to speak of. Thus:
Bedroom: A double bed with high energy recovery, 1-tile clothes/dresser
Bathroom: Basic toilet plus basic shower
Kitchen: Cheap fridge, cheap stove, 2 counters with cheap dishwasher and cheap trash compactor, smoke alarm
Dining: Cheap square or round table with 4 cheap chairs
Living: Cheap sofa, bookcase, inexpensive TV
Hobby room (for lack of a better name): Desk, chair, Monique's computer (on MTS2 site), telephone
Outdoor: Octagonal table by mailbox, burglar prevention sign

That's it. As the sim gets some simoleans, I add skill building things as needed, upgrade shower to tub/shower combo, nicer table and chairs in dining room, maybe a sink if sim jogs a lot.

Usually that's it. Sooner or later the sim pairs up with another. The couple then, under one roof, have lots of simoleans to purchase and furnish a larger house, have kids, etc. Nursery is bare bones, too: Bed/crib, changing table, skill-building toys. Child and teen get desk and chair.

Again, thank you for the "newlywed" starters - yellow and pink!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 12th Jul 2017 at 4:36 PM
Thank you for this cute house. I have all your lots now and am looking forward to many more :) Thanks again.
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator THANKS POST
#6 Old 12th Jul 2017 at 5:26 PM
I spent a good deal of last night trying to emulate those carpet rugs. How did you do it? Every time I go to make the second diagonal, the first one erases itself. I can do the first half triangle, but I can't get the tile divided into 4 triangles. Will you share your secrets?
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#7 Old 12th Jul 2017 at 10:15 PM
Great idea, Goldenbtrfly! Looking forward to see all of them.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 12th Jul 2017 at 11:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
I spent a good deal of last night trying to emulate those carpet rugs. How did you do it? Every time I go to make the second diagonal, the first one erases itself. I can do the first half triangle, but I can't get the tile divided into 4 triangles. Will you share your secrets?

@Phaenoh - I'm sorry for the late reply, and I sure hope you figured it out by now. I don't really do anything special, it just takes a lot of patience and that darn Ctrl+F to make it happen. Every time you change to a new carpet (or tile) color, it seems to revert to being a full square again! So yeah, lots... and lots of patience, but I think in the end it is worth it! Was that helpful? It might help you to also lay out the complete "rug" size in the base color you want, then use the Ctrl+F to overlay in the alternate colors you want. Much less patience involved that way, especially if you have a pattern in mind already. Thank you so much for your comment though! It made my day to see a (retired) mod comment!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 12th Jul 2017 at 11:53 PM
@atymer @BrittaMA - Thanks for your comments and enthusiasm for the series, it really made me smile!!! I'm so happy that these are well-received here. I will surely try and keep a varied color palette in mind when decorating the homes so perhaps there is something for everyone! You are both so welcome, and I hope your Sims are happy there.

@LolaLeischen - Thank you and wow! That really made me smile knowing you liked all of them enough to use them in your game! I definitely have more to upload and hope to do so soon.

@Justpetro - Thank you for the comment. You're always so encouraging and I appreciate that!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 12th Jul 2017 at 11:58 PM
@mac - Would it be helpful if I just included a stripped version for you, or one decorated spartan style as you say? Of course, there is no way I can add some of those items as they are CC, but I can get close. I thank you again for the unfurnished price!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#11 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 12:52 AM
Adorable!
Scholar
#12 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 1:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Goldenbtrfly
@mac - Would it be helpful if I just included a stripped version for you, or one decorated spartan style as you say? Of course, there is no way I can add some of those items as they are CC, but I can get close. I thank you again for the unfurnished price!

I always appreciate unfurnished versions for download but I'm quite adept at stripping furnished lots. Thanks anyway.

Imagine a world without hypothetical situations
Instructor
THANKS POST
#13 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 4:42 AM
I wouldn't have expected such a small and inexpensive starter to have such a playable feel to it -- nice job making it both workable and cute! ^_^
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#14 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 5:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Goldenbtrfly
I'm sorry for the late reply, and I sure hope you figured it out by now. I don't really do anything special, it just takes a lot of patience and that darn Ctrl+F to make it happen.
OMG, I never knew about this Control+F thing AT ALL. I've always made diagonals with fencing. This is amazing. I had to load the game just as soon as I saw your reply, to try it out and I was shocked! This is a game changer for me! Thank you!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 2:06 PM
@DezzyBoo @Liz - Aww, thanks so much for the comments! I really love the look of this one too.

@Phaenoh - Haha, oh wow! I'm so happy that you learned a new trick now. Amazing how this game can still have things we don't know. You're so welcome!
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 14th Jul 2017 at 10:20 AM
This looks amazing! When I want to create rugs like that, I place fencing around the floor, place the carpet, and then delete the fencing. So much easier!

Sim Fans UK - Free downloads, tutorials, game help and chat!

I'm selling my vBulletin 4 suite - please contact me if you are interested in buying it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 14th Jul 2017 at 12:39 PM
cute house!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 14th Jul 2017 at 10:03 PM
@LadyAngel - Isn't Ctrl+F so much easier?! I love it. Works so well in a pinch when you can't afford a rug for a home! Thanks for stopping by... I love so many of your homes.
delixire889 - Thanks so much. I hope you enjoy it!
Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 14th Jul 2017 at 10:49 PM
Actually, I've never tried that, so I'll give it a go! :D

Sim Fans UK - Free downloads, tutorials, game help and chat!

I'm selling my vBulletin 4 suite - please contact me if you are interested in buying it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 17th Apr 2018 at 4:05 AM
Wow! Another awesome newlywed home!!! I love the color schemes and am totally in love with the rug in the living room. The colors in it are amazingly matched and it just looks really nice. I can spend so much time looking for rugs and can never find anything that looks good so for you to already have it done for me is awesome! Thanks so much for these little starter homes! They are amazing!!! :)
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 25th Apr 2018 at 6:44 PM
@SapphireSunrise - The rugs are so fun to make and when you're on a budget they can be the difference between something you really need or plopping a rug down, so those 2 Simoleon carpets really come in handy! Haha! You're so welcome and I hope the home lives up to all you want for it.