Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#26 Old 3rd Aug 2017 at 9:35 PM
Have 10 simultaneous enemies (or 20, for a serious challenge). Marry 6 different sims - would apply through divorce, death of spouses, etc. Or you could do it the long way and have the sim with the want on Elixir while the various spouses never get any. A second want for Grilled Cheese sims might be fun less boring than the same one every time - Make 1000 Grilled Cheese Sandwiches, with no requirement to eat them all. Your cheesehead could open a sandwich shop.

Some of the 'power wants' from the base game could easily be made LTWs, like Have 10 Children, Have 20 Grandchildren, probably others though I can't find a list right off hand.

I like the Badge idea and I think it should have come with Seasons.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#27 Old 3rd Aug 2017 at 9:53 PM
2 Badges were added in Seasons; fishing, gardening.
Field Researcher
#28 Old 3rd Aug 2017 at 9:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
2 Badges were added in Seasons; fishing, gardening.

Ah, yes. But then with the OFB badges, there were five, right? So maybe it should have been 3 Gold badges LTW with OFB, then changed to 5 Gold badges LTW with Seasons.
Alchemist
#29 Old 3rd Aug 2017 at 10:28 PM
OFB adds 7; cosmetology, flower arranging, register, restocking, robotery, sales, toy making.

edit:: I take 2 more with Freetime; not sure of their names.
OFB+Seasons, 9 badges. whole game, 11 badges.
Mad Poster
#30 Old 3rd Aug 2017 at 11:42 PM Last edited by Annaminna : 3rd Aug 2017 at 11:52 PM.
Sewing and pottery from free time.

5 badges is exact, so it's not entirely business and not entirely crafting.
It's better be available for all aspirations who has crafting hobby and good for medieval game (or BACC).
Top Secret Researcher
#31 Old 4th Aug 2017 at 5:47 AM
Some Sims 3 adapted goals maybe.
Outlive X spouses.
Collect X treasures from digging./Earn X Simoleons from digging.
Reach level 10 in X careers./Reach level 5 in 10 careers.
Turn X Sims into werewolves.
Have a net worth of X.
Earn X from ONLY blogging, painting, writing novels, stargazing, etc.
Make X friends over playing chess on community lots.
Field Researcher
#32 Old 4th Aug 2017 at 8:42 AM
Man, I screwed that up, didn't I? I totally forgot the crafting badges exist while I was writing. I guess I don't use crafting as often as the gardening and commercial badge skills.

For Knowledge sims, maybe something like "See Ghosts of 10 Sims". Of course, in some neighborhood cemeteries, that might be too easy.
#33 Old 4th Aug 2017 at 1:37 PM
OK i'm confused here. All Nopke did was reduce/hide the chance to roll the ltws. They're still there just hidden/unavailable. Exactly how does this correlate into having core game code available that would allow a new ltw to be written?
Field Researcher
#34 Old 4th Aug 2017 at 2:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SingleClawDesigns
OK i'm confused here. All Nopke did was reduce/hide the chance to roll the ltws. They're still there just hidden/unavailable. Exactly how does this correlate into having core game code available that would allow a new ltw to be written?

Read the first post again
#35 Old 4th Aug 2017 at 4:34 PM
ok someone with more technical skill is going to have to come in and see if this is doable then because my head is telling me no. Right off the bat i'm guessing it's more of an overwrite of the plain text. Instead of "reach top of criminal career" you'd see "reach top of career" and then your sim is sitting there at level ten and still not permaplat because even though you're using the replaced/reworded LTW it's still parameter checking as if your sims should be in the criminal career to get permaplat. Now if someone could actually figure out the intricate belly of how that works to make it so it actually could just point to career level ten instead of a predesignated job field like athletics it's doable maybe?. Then again to me that also means that the next logical step would be that if a LTW was just a simple package file you could also empty it out and redesign it to be whatever you want it to be if you can get it pointed towards the right parameter checks.
Mad Poster
#36 Old 4th Aug 2017 at 5:00 PM
You can always toggle Permaplat on with the batbox if the sim has reached the goal you set.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Alchemist
#37 Old 4th Aug 2017 at 9:03 PM
about seeing ghosts; in shipped version, a maximum of 3 appear at a time.
hacks and/or mods may be needed for more than 3 ghosts to be seen in one night.
Mad Poster
#38 Old 4th Aug 2017 at 9:50 PM
If you see more than 3 ghosts in one night, there's a very good chance you'll be scared to death. Not my ideas of a lifetime wish! Permaplat and dead?

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Alchemist
#39 Old 4th Aug 2017 at 10:19 PM
from my understanding, characters that died keep their aspiration scores when resurrected.
Mad Poster
#40 Old 5th Aug 2017 at 2:10 AM
about seeing ghosts; in shipped version, a maximum of 3 appear at a time.
hacks and/or mods may be needed for more than 3 ghosts to be seen in one night.

Not sure..Raoul, my elder graves keeper is always visited by them. Stopped when bathing, stopped when trying to prepare food..being waking up etc..this is way more than 3 times a day. (I keep the graves of the dead sims on his lot until they appear, before sending them to the graveyard..)

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Field Researcher
#41 Old 5th Aug 2017 at 3:51 AM
Um. When I mentioned "see 10 sims' ghosts", I didn't mean all at once.
Alchemist
#42 Old 5th Aug 2017 at 10:10 PM
my point was that seeing 10 different ghosts would not be as easy as your post implied.
in shipped version and without interference, there would be a minimum of 4 consecutive nights for 10 different to appear; and a maximum of 2 ghosts appearing 2 times (or 1 ghost appearing 3 times) in those 4 nights. some chance of more repetitions than that in 4 consecutive nights.
Forum Resident
#43 Old 6th Aug 2017 at 12:23 AM
I could see a use for Romance Sims having a wish for : Three ex-spouses.

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island
Field Researcher
#44 Old 6th Aug 2017 at 3:18 AM
my point was that seeing 10 different ghosts would not be as easy as your post implied.
in shipped version and without interference, there would be a minimum of 4 consecutive nights for 10 different to appear; and a maximum of 2 ghosts appearing 2 times (or 1 ghost appearing 3 times) in those 4 nights. some chance of more repetitions than that in 4 consecutive nights.

I said, in some neighborhood cemeteries, such as old, well-played hoods with well-filled graveyards. It doesn't strike me as all that difficult to accomplish over a lifetime if you have enough ghosts.

It would be easy in comparison to a new (or newish) custom hood, where the cemeteries haven't filled up yet. You'd have to keep the sim with the LTW alive long enough to have enough ghosts to fulfill the want.

Of course, you don't have to wait for sims to die to get ten ghosts. You could always murder the first ten townies to walk by.
Mad Poster
#45 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 4:50 AM
Never tried it yet, but I would make up a LTW wish in my from TS3 list.
Alchemist
#46 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 10:46 PM
slightly related to ghosts; for Popularity sims, win against Grim Reaper x number of times.
for at least Family sims, resurrect x number of dead characters.
for Knowledge sims, make x number of zombies.
Mad Poster
#47 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 10:51 PM
Fortune Sims - inherit from 5 rich spouses. (Inspired by SIMelissa above ).
Mad Poster
#48 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 10:48 PM
from my understanding, characters that died keep their aspiration scores when resurrected.
You're probably right. I tend to forget that The Sims 2 is a game, and, because it's a game, Sims can actually come back after they're dead. For myself, I think I see it more as life simulation, so I try to look after my Sims well in their first life, rather than hope I can bring them back for a second go. That's probably also why I don't do repeat play-throughs. In the pre-made 'hoods what has happened in my game has happened, and becomes for me the definitive history of the place. Like in Real Life, if we mess things up, we seldom get a second chance.

To come back to the title subject, I too was under the impression that LTWs were un-moddable, but if someone has found a way to do it, then all power to them. However, even if it does work, it looks like we'd be limited to the number of pet LTWs released, and, judging by the variety of suggestions in this thread, it would be hard to devise a mod that would suit us all. I suppose we could get round that by using different mods, just like we do in many other areas of the game. I don't think it would help me anyway: I don't hap Pets (because I understand it could burn out my graphics chip) so in my game the Pets LTWs aren't available to be reused.

If the idea doesn't work, we can go on doing what quite a few of us are doing already, assigning custom LTWs. The game doesn't recognise them, but we make a note of them somewhere (I use the Sim Bios), and then, when it is achieved, manually make the Sim permaplat as Peni described.

I don't like to go for negative criticism, but seriously I think that some of the suggested custom LTWs are even sillier than some of the Maxis ones. The idea of a Lifetime Want is that it's a dearly-held wish that the Sim wants to fulfil over the course of a lifetime. Now why on earth would anyone, no matter how mean and nasty, want to have 20 simultaneous enemies? It may be a nice little challenge for the player, but it makes no sense at all to the Sim. It's just not at all a desirable state of affairs. You could have 20 enemies at once, and all 20 come round every day and beat you up! A much better LTW would be to win 50 fights or win 100 fights.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#49 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 11:14 PM
I think my Mr No Nice Points may have won 50 fights by now
Field Researcher
#50 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 5:34 AM
I like the silliness in the game, though, @AndrewGloria. If there were no silliness in The Sims, I doubt I'd like it as much as I do.
Page 2 of 3