Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Site Helper
#26 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 3:10 PM
Get Ani's buyable moneybags. Every day, buy enough of them to get your cash on hand back down to a reasonable number. (enough to cover the day's expenses and the bills.) Store the bags in a basement room somewhere. When your sims want to make a major purchase, they can cash in a bag, and for extra risk, you can roll to see whether that bag gets cashed in with the interaction on the bag or whether you sell it and end up losing some money from the deal.

If you have a sim who has the right kind of personality, you can even give moneybags as gifts to other sims. Forget giving a piddly 1000 simoleons to charity!
Give 10,000 to the kid playing alone in the park. (Ok, first you have to establish a relationship with them. Sims won't take gifts if they don't know you well enough. )

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 3:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
If you have a sim who has the right kind of personality, you can even give moneybags as gifts to other sims. Forget giving a piddly 1000 simoleons to charity!
Give 10,000 to the kid playing alone in the park. (Ok, first you have to establish a relationship with them. Sims won't take gifts if they don't know you well enough. )

Will poor, inactive sims who have never seen a moneybag before know what to do with them? I have visions of them appreciating the gift but then giving them to their dog as a new chew toy. Or worse, they might try to cook them and set their house on fire.
Top Secret Researcher
#28 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 8:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
Why not have your sims enjoy life? Make more simoleons RIGHT NOW with this ONE WEIRD TRICK! SimGurus hate you!

But, even with the loaner trait, sims will eventually get lonely. You'd have to give him a sprite or "Green thumb" trait so he could talk to plants or something. Just using the phone wouldn't work because they don't know anyone.
Mad Poster
#29 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 9:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
Just using the phone wouldn't work because they don't know anyone.

Of course they do, they know the other households' green goblins. Social networking, yo.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#31 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 11:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Want money? Put a slot machine in your house. The chance of hitting the $5000 or $10000 jackpot is incredibly high.

I was going to point out how realistic this thread may make the game seem but uh, well, there you go.
It reminds me of the ONE time in all my 7 years of TS3 that I decided to play without money cheats....and won 100K in the Sim lottery after two days, allowing me to promptly move into that really big house I had as my end goal.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Scholar
#32 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 11:34 PM
Am I the only one ending up owning all businesses? Also, you don't buy big houses, you suck up to the owners and then ask to live with them and then kick them out. Never stop saving pennies! Also, Island Paradise ep really could use offshore oil platforms. Polluting shores, buying out hotels to replace with oil refineries and export harbours, just seems the next logical step to me. And then in next playthrough I would be a greanpeace activist.
Mad Poster
#33 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 11:37 PM
Again, the VIP pack idea. Be a CEO or a politician - a corrupt one, obviously - and buy crap out whilst demanding that everyone else bow down to you.
And uh, one butler? Fuck it, we'll have four!

insert signature here
Site Helper
#34 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 11:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Will poor, inactive sims who have never seen a moneybag before know what to do with them? I have visions of them appreciating the gift but then giving them to their dog as a new chew toy. Or worse, they might try to cook them and set their house on fire.

You could also imagine the reaction if they do know what it is, and now the parents are very interested in why their child just got given 10 K simoleons when they were alone in the park...

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#35 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 11:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
You could also imagine the reaction if they do know what it is, and now the parents are very interested in why their child just got given 10 K simoleons when they were alone in the park...

Yes there is that, but I read your post so fast before replying to it that I wasn't even imagining a child. For some reason "kid playing alone in the park" conjured up an image of a teen or YA playing a musical instrument alone in the park. All perfectly innocent (I think...).
Top Secret Researcher
#36 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 6:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
But, even with the loaner trait, sims will eventually get lonely. You'd have to give him a sprite or "Green thumb" trait so he could talk to plants or something. Just using the phone wouldn't work because they don't know anyone.

Could give him the (massively expensive) magic mirror from Supernatural, I guess.
Mad Poster
#37 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 6:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SusannaG
Could give him the (massively expensive) magic mirror from Supernatural, I guess.

Isn't that the one that gives your Sim a random makeover? How do we feel about the game randomly picking outfits for Sims to wear, again?

insert signature here
Top Secret Researcher
#38 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 8:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SusannaG

That magic mirror is incredibly addictive. You'd have to watch your goblin to make sure he's painting rather than getting make overs.

If you have ITF, make a plumbot, give it solar power and gardener chips, and grow money trees. The two problems with this are Seasons (about the time the trees produce, they go dormant) and SN (damn Zombies get in if you haven't locked the gate.)

Or you could put the garden plumbot in a deep basement locked in with the money trees and a charging station. I'm pretty sure moneytrees grow on ITF astro-turf. Huh. I'm going to try that...
Page 2 of 2