Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Functional Canning Station and Custom Canning Skill (Update 17th April 2019)

by icemunmun Posted 6th Aug 2017 at 7:04 PM - Updated 14th Aug 2022 at 4:05 PM by icemunmun : Updated to the Get Famous patch

650 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 455 Feedback Posts, 194 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 10 of 27
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#226 Old 29th Oct 2017 at 8:43 PM
You even made the book titles puns, bless you...
Test Subject
#227 Old 1st Nov 2017 at 2:49 PM
Hi! Love your mod, thanks for making it. I'm having a little trouble, though. Everything shows up just fine in game, but when I get my sims to go use the canning station, it is only possible for him to make apple jam. When I click in preserves and pickles, the box thingie comes out blank, and the jam box comes out with only the option for apples. I have all expansions and packs and my graphics are the best possible. I have other mods, however. Could there be some conflict?
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#228 Old 1st Nov 2017 at 2:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lutys
Hi! Love your mod, thanks for making it. I'm having a little trouble, though. Everything shows up just fine in game, but when I get my sims to go use the canning station, it is only possible for him to make apple jam. When I click in preserves and pickles, the box thingie comes out blank, and the jam box comes out with only the option for apples. I have all expansions and packs and my graphics are the best possible. I have other mods, however. Could there be some conflict?

You need to level up the canning skill to unlock the other recipes. Each level unlocks different recipes . To increase the skill you can either read the canning skill books( from the bookshelf) or keep on making the apple jam till you reach level 2!

Thank you people :lovestruc I am working on an update with 14 more preserves and some other price, skill gain adjustments Lets hope the pets patch does not break something huge!
Instructor
#229 Old 2nd Nov 2017 at 7:06 PM
Very nice! :lovestruc The update sounds awesome too!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#230 Old 4th Nov 2017 at 12:39 AM
While this isn't something I downloaded, I have to say that from just browsing here the care and attention to detail you put into this mod is phenomenal and honestly the sims team should be looking to it as an example of the care to put in every feature. Very well done!
Field Researcher
#231 Old 4th Nov 2017 at 3:57 PM
Can I have both files for harvestables files in my mods folder? ModConflictDetector says they conflict with each other D:
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#232 Old 4th Nov 2017 at 4:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Butterbot
Very nice! :lovestruc The update sounds awesome too!

Thank you so much! It was your overhaul mod which made me want to recreate the canning Station for sims 4 :lovestruc

Quote: Originally posted by Draconicrose
While this isn't something I downloaded, I have to say that from just browsing here the care and attention to detail you put into this mod is phenomenal and honestly the sims team should be looking to it as an example of the care to put in every feature. Very well done!

Thank you!The words are much appreciated

Quote: Originally posted by DreamaDove
Can I have both files for harvestables files in my mods folder? ModConflictDetector says they conflict with each other D:

Yes you can use them together ( infact they are meant to be used together). The ModConflictDetector detects conflicts because the files share some common resources ( textures etc). There is no actual gameplay problem with that
Test Subject
#233 Old 7th Nov 2017 at 8:34 PM
as of the patch on 11/7/2017 this mod doesn't work
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#234 Old 7th Nov 2017 at 9:04 PM
With the pets patch the interactions has gone missing. i am working on updating it . Update will be available soon!
Lab Assistant
#235 Old 7th Nov 2017 at 9:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by icemunmun
With the pets patch the interactions has gone missing. i am working on updating it . Update will be available soon!

OMG thank you ! been watching which are broken sense I have so many o.o I await this update I love your mods!

Every gamer is unique take your time to find your own style, your own way to play,don't try to blend in with everyone, go on be different stand out don't be afraid, no matter what your age, no matter what you like you are you and that's what matters most.Go out at there have fun and play! ^-^
Scholar
THANKS POST
#236 Old 8th Nov 2017 at 12:49 AM
Thank you. I will wait to update my game as I can't live without this mod.
Test Subject
#237 Old 8th Nov 2017 at 10:19 PM
thank you so much for updating so quickly and for the incredible care you've put into this mod
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#238 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 11:13 AM
Hey guys, this was a Pets quick fix update! So could not include the new preserves. 14 new preserves are coming soon
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#239 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 12:21 PM
Thanks for fixing this so fast. I was so disappointed when the patch messed it up. Fortunately, you saved me from losing it and my club, the Self Preservation Society can continue with their mission to make jam and pickles.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#240 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 5:07 PM
This is going to be great for my farmer thanks so much
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#241 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 2:01 AM
Thank you very much for this lovely mod! Also, if you're planning on doing asparagus, make pickled asparagus! It's really good :D
Test Subject
#242 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 3:30 AM
hello munmun i love your mods there so great was very sad when the patch broke the canning stations anyways since i updated the mod and its working great now i have noticed that the canning shelf are now see through is this a bug or just my game is messed up??
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#243 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 1:08 PM Last edited by icemunmun : 12th Nov 2017 at 3:32 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by trinity1300
hello munmun i love your mods there so great was very sad when the patch broke the canning stations anyways since i updated the mod and its working great now i have noticed that the canning shelf are now see through is this a bug or just my game is messed up??

I did not touch the canning shelves since it did not need an update but I am going to check out them in game...I think maybe the patch changed some shader parameters..hmm

Edit: Updated.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#244 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 6:08 PM
I can't tell you how much I love your creations. My games (both Sims 3 and 4) would be so dull if it wasn't for you.
Test Subject
#245 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 12:42 AM Last edited by TrekkerLLAP : 14th Nov 2017 at 1:14 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by LucreziaT
Hi trekkerLLAP, did you try to fix the game or update it? Or put the Files directly in the Mode folder without using subfolders?
There is also the possibility that using the trick .. "bb.showhiddenobjects" you can find what you are looking for.

I updated the game, and the canning station shows up now! But now I have another problem. There's no option to use it! I get options to Upgrade it, and strangely, "Admire New Possession", even for Sims that don't have the Materialistic trait. Any suggestions?
EDIT: Nevermind, I didn't realize that the mod had a recent update! Updating the mod fixed the problem. I can't wait to make some jam!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#246 Old 15th Nov 2017 at 5:18 PM
Thank you so much for this mod! Are there any known mod conflicts as when i click it (with 10 apples in inventory), I have options to make jam, make pickles and make spread, but when i click any of them nothing happens!
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#247 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 6:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by modcjayne
Thank you so much for this mod! Are there any known mod conflicts as when i click it (with 10 apples in inventory), I have options to make jam, make pickles and make spread, but when i click any of them nothing happens!

Do you get the pop up menu from where you can choose the preserves ?
The preserves available depend upon the skill level with only jam available at skill level 1.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#248 Old 22nd Nov 2017 at 12:26 AM
LOVE your work as usual:)
Thanks!
Test Subject
#249 Old 22nd Nov 2017 at 2:06 PM
looks awesome but there are 5 files to pick from to download which one do I pick? Do I pick the most recent?
Lab Assistant
#250 Old 22nd Nov 2017 at 2:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by katienichole
looks awesome but there are 5 files to pick from to download which one do I pick? Do I pick the most recent?

It depends on what you have in your game.

You need the first file, because that is the base mod.
The second file is for canning EA harvestables, this one you need also.
The third one is for canning custom harvestables (icemunmun has a lot of them!), if you don't have any custom harvestables, then you don't need this one.
The fourth one are retail shelves. They are additional.
The last one (Black Plate) is a must have for the snacks with the bread. Without this file they throw LEs, so better to download it.
Page 10 of 27