Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 5:55 PM
Where did my reply went? *Sighhhhhhh* I just praised how amazing Open for Businnes Freetime was, a few other packs. This forum really needs an auto save comment feature -_-

Anyway, what I suggest is gettting Ultimate Collect pack. You can get expansion and stuff packs for free If you verify that you have purchased the base game through EA customer support line. You'd than be able to test the expansion packs without feeling regret purchasing If it does not met your positive expectations.

Ok, appearantly I posted in a wrong thread on The Sims 4 forum, rolf. I hope that doesn't make others think I like shoving that game to other faces and pissed them off for showing superioty, lol. Anywho, the reply:

Quote: Originally posted by To the Topic
"Open for business is like a god gift to those who like to establish functional town facilities and for calony players (is that how their called). Open for business is a game changer, because you go wild with the creativity and endless choices on the community and home business you wanna create. And with the help of mods/cc, you can expand it to banks, schools, prisons, hospitals and what not. It's really an open ended back and I a admittly say revolutionize a life simulator in a different level. If establishing business isn't your thing, it still has something to offer for you and everyone: building talent badges or crafting stuff from the three different benches, establish a robot runned civilization/town.

Freetime really adds bloats of stuff for sims to do. Do you have a art lover? Maybe instead of painting, introduce that sim to pottery. Virtuso sim? Have him/her try ballet or vioalin. Bookworm sim? Create a gathering (If you have Nightlife) and have that nerd discussing the books with other? A Sim that lives in their parents basement and plays games all night on a computer whilst hogging it? Send that sim to the gaming lot and have him competitive for money with other gamers. There's so much to do with this pack for these pixel people's, as the title suggest - freetime.

Seasons really adds a nice atmosphere to the game, but my favorite aspect would be gardening. Fishing isn't bad too

University - haven't played it much, but I'm trying to explore in-depth the life of a college student right. Pretty fun expansion pack with randoms things happening in one's young adults dorm/life.

Apartment Life: the only pack that has fleshed out life state: witches. Their so fun to playing the game as the magic craft's participant, such as causing mischief in public space as the green looking goblin, evaporating overflowed puddles or just create a temporarel companion (summing a familiar). Living in a apartment is fun (since I myself do live in one), but sometimes it gets a tad annoying (I had in one particular apartment where the neighborhoods of it always cause chaos by beating each others crap at any day and night, and often than not pick a new enemy or two with one of the residing townies). The New Welcoming gestures are funny and amusing from time to time.

TBH, I like all the pets. I should at some point installed bon voyage again. I don't think I can play the game without any of them after installation "
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#27 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 11:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
You're leaving out so many things added by each EP,

Bon Vvoyage: WALKING TO LOTS! A long-overdue improvement on driving or taking a taxi to visit the park across the street. Beaches! New dances! Vacation benefits! A camera that lets sims take photos and get prints of them! Sandcastles! Shells! Jewelry! Camping! Voodoo dolls! Bigfoot!

Each EP has strong bones. You'll at least want to try them all.

I don't have BV and my Sims can walk to lots.

I also don't have all stuff packs so can't comment about all, but my advice is just get the lot. My least favourite EP is Open for Business as it's a lot of work. My fave is probably Seasons marginally. As for stuff - Mansion and gardens good.
Scholar
#28 Old 16th Oct 2017 at 12:02 AM
In addition to online, I would also consider looking in local second-hand shops, if you have any - some people can't be bothered with shipping fees for such a cheap game, and so some bargains can be obtained. Check they have a complete version of the manual for each pack, since they are glorified coasters without a valid code and not every second-hand shop owner (especially charity shops with small computer game sections) is aware of this. Also, check damage levels - the ones from Bon Voyage afterwards are picky about scratches due to their SecuRom protection, and Mansions & Gardens is particularly prone because for about six years it was the disk many, if not most, people used to start their game. I have all the disks and Ultimate Collection, because I find it reassuring to have the backup and means that I'll be able to use my old computer's copy when I am able to power it up again.

I like every pack, for different reasons, but even base-game only is worthy of a space on your hard drive. Especially with a few mods (be they patches the community created to fix problems EA/Maxis didn't, or to resolve things you think are sub-optimal after a few sessions). The Sims 2 is one of the most-modded games of all time.

So, in your answer to the question, I'd say the best expansion pack(s) for The Sims 2 is/are the one(s) you can get easily. Though if you contact the EA helpdesk and the first person you speak to gives you the download (it can take a few attempts to find someone who doesn't just say "that offer stopped a while back", apparently), you get to have the full works, right alongside your other Origin games!
Mad Poster
#29 Old 16th Oct 2017 at 12:03 AM
Yard sales and flea markets too. I got all my EPs at a flea market.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Meet Me In My Next Life
#30 Old 16th Oct 2017 at 12:32 AM
First what EPs for Sims 2 that you get depends on the MONEY in your pocket. (lol ) personally if you can afford it try to get them all.
But most important is getting the Base game without it you can't add expansions on to it. Nightlife is a must have, and Seasons those two are my favorite and really added different features to the game.

I don't know why some people do not care for Pets, I have know problem with it, I want my Sims to have pets. Now I do have University ( but in all the years since 2006 ) I rarely go play it.
Because I have an extremely hard time letting my Teens leave home and growing into young adults, my favorite Sims stage of life is the "child and teen.
So if you have the pocket Money $$$$ go for all. Amazon is a good play to the Sims 2.

NOTE: Wherever you purchase the Sims 2 be sure it comes with the manual that have the "codes" on it that "Very Important" you need it in order to download. ( it will ask for it )
My only worry is hoping you don't get SECUROM because anything made after Seasons will come with that nasty thing ( use for copy right protection. )

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Page 2 of 2