Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 8th Nov 2017 at 7:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chicvibe
SimsVIP really does have great information. In addition to the broken mods list, here is an article about relationships:

https://simsvip.com/2017/11/08/warn...-relationships/

I am sad that creators on hiatus or who have left the community leave us with really cool game-play options that no longer work.

Nature of the beast. Same is true of Skyrim --> Skyrim SE where a lot of the mods broke and the original creator is nowhere
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#27 Old 8th Nov 2017 at 8:29 PM
https://simsvip.com/2017/11/08/warn...-relationships/

Apparently it doesn't just break all mods, but also your actual game if you're not careful
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 8th Nov 2017 at 8:37 PM
Damn, they really dun goofed with this one.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#29 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 6:43 PM
A new update (v1.36.102.1020) has been released. The sole change is that it fixes the relationship bug.
Mad Poster
#30 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 6:48 PM
I just installed the patch to fix the relationship issue.
Scholar
#31 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 10:07 PM
Wow, glad I didn't get my relationships wiped! :D
Scholar
#32 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 11:06 PM
Is anyone else having issues with the gallery after the update? My library loads fine, but the community items are just white with red x's.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Theorist
#33 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 5:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by xordevoreaux
I'll have to hunt around for another trait-maker, the one I made with the Constructor isn't compatible.

or you could calm down and wait a few days to see if someone comes up with a fix for the traits...
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#34 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 8:51 AM
I wouldn't hold your breath about Zerbu. He will probably pop up again full of enthusiasm some time in the future but a) we don't know when and b) how long his enthusiasm will last. IMHO make other arrangements.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Top Secret Researcher
#35 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 12:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
I wouldn't hold your breath about Zerbu. He will probably pop up again full of enthusiasm some time in the future but a) we don't know when and b) how long his enthusiasm will last. IMHO make other arrangements.

I've been slowly phasing out mods by Zerbu in this game for the same reason. Too bad, some of them are really, really good.
dodgy builder
#36 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 3:50 PM
You need a lot of patience and stamina to be a modder.
Instructor
#37 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 4:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
You need a lot of patience and stamina to be a modder.

Yes, it helps when its games that dont usually seen parts rewritten and when you make stuff that is unlikely to be broken by a patch ... this is part of why The Elder Scrolls modding community is or was so strong (even if its going down the crapper because ZeniMax have to ZeniMax) since after a while the game was more or less stable and you didnt had to go over it again.

The Sims on the other hand seem to require a lot of stamina due to the constant updates and far reaching changes, this ends up creating a somewhat high burn rate of mods because I seen creators and sites coming and going over the years, even if people stay during the duration of a title doesnt mean they will be there when the next one comes out.
Mad Poster
#38 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 5:24 PM
Bless @Twallan, who stayed on nearly to the end of TS3.
Field Researcher
#39 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 6:04 PM Last edited by DuskTrooper : 10th Nov 2017 at 6:43 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by xordevoreaux
Nature of the beast. Same is true of Skyrim --> Skyrim SE where a lot of the mods broke and the original creator is nowhere

Beth. updated the entire engine code and many parts of the integral file system. This would cause obvious incompatibilities. The engines of Skyrim and Skyrim SE are technically different engines "under the hood".

The engine core of The Sims 4 is not primarily written to be as flexible as the Beth. Gamebyro bastard baby. It's essentially more difficult for Maxis to modify one section of their code without breaking others. Their engine is not of the modular "Lego brick" model Beth. uses.

It may seem like the Maxoid code is because of the drag-and-drop nature of modding, though upon decompiling the executable and examining its structure one will notice it isn't. Maxis is using an engine for this entry which seemingly goes against the nature of a Sims game. But, it must be remembered that many aspects of The Sims 4's engine were originally written to be used as an online mobile game, with which games of that platform are notable for only having content updates and not major revisions to their engine core itself.

We all have to look for answers somewhere. Some in big ol' books, others in big ol' bottles of whiskey.

— Kimberly Irion as Bonnie MacFarlane in Red Dead Redemption (2010)
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 6:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Apsalar
Is anyone else having issues with the gallery after the update? My library loads fine, but the community items are just white with red x's.

I've been having that issue for almost a year now, nothing anyone has told me to try has worked. One day the gallery was working fine, the next day it was doing that and hasn't stopped since. I don't know why, but it's very aggravating
Scholar
#41 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 6:35 PM Last edited by Apsalar : 10th Nov 2017 at 7:20 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by BlindingEchoes
I've been having that issue for almost a year now, nothing anyone has told me to try has worked. One day the gallery was working fine, the next day it was doing that and hasn't stopped since. I don't know why, but it's very aggravating

That's weird. I hope repairing the game helps.

Update: @BlindingEchoes repairing the game worked for me. I also reinstalled origin, but I don't know if that is connected to the gallery at all.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Scholar
#42 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 11:36 PM
For the first time in... EVER, all my alien children born via abduction FINALLY have their mothers as friends/contacts on their relationship panel. Wow!
Top Secret Researcher
#43 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 2:04 AM Last edited by PuffyAmi : 12th Nov 2017 at 2:31 AM.
Um, haven't read yet everything but Make up options for toddlers are disabled!?!?! So cc makeup won't work on them anymore Not that I want to stick some red lipstick on my babies but blushes and realistic lip colors have looked really nice on toddlers.
Edit: Noooo, I tried it and we really can't access cc toddler make up anymore
Scholar
#44 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 2:31 AM
And at the same time PuffyAmi, I've noticed that skin detail is now available for aliens? I'm not using a mod for that!
Top Secret Researcher
#45 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 3:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by spidergirl79
And at the same time PuffyAmi, I've noticed that skin detail is now available for aliens? I'm not using a mod for that!

woah, really! At least that's great news. I hope it's possible to to make a mod that enables the make up for toddlers. Guess it's time to just wait patiently
Scholar
#46 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 3:19 AM Last edited by spidergirl79 : 12th Nov 2017 at 3:41 AM.
Yeah it always annoyed me that face details were disabled for aliens. WHY? Why can't my alien have freckles?? And yet, abduction born alien toddlers would sometimes inherit face details anyway...

OH PuffyAmi,.... I came across this by accident and thought of you;

http://sims4studio.com/post/88714

It fixes the toddlers problem you're having... you have to be a forum member to get it... its a quick sign up.
Scholar
#47 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 3:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PuffyAmi
woah, really! At least that's great news. I hope it's possible to to make a mod that enables the make up for toddlers. Guess it's time to just wait patiently

The Sims 4 Studio team made a mod to fix the locked makeup for children and toddlers: Fix for toddler and child CC “makeup” broken by the Pets patch. I'm using it and it works. Sims 4 Studio to the rescue again!
dodgy builder
#48 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 2:35 PM Last edited by Volvenom : 12th Nov 2017 at 2:49 PM.
I have been waiting for TSR to update their stuff and here I found:

Quote:
sim_man123

Posted 10 November 2017 - 04:23 PM
This is because of the Pets update - a lot of CC is broken. If you want to fix the content yourself immediately, S4S has a batch fix already in place - Workshop will have the batch fix added soon, and there will be a site-wide update early next week to fix all of the broken content.

Simcredible posted a note on facebook saying:

Quote:
SIMCREDIBLE·SATURDAY, 11 NOVEMBER 2017 Due to a glitch, EA had to launch 2 patches in 3 days. The first one broke all double beds and we fixed them all. The second broke CC loveseats, sofas and benches. If you patched your game and do NOT have pets installed then, all is OK to you and you don't need to keep reading this If you have Pets installed, you should have notice that CC sofas, loveseats and benches are broken. For now we only have how to fix loveseats. Sorry but we can not fix sofas at this moment. We need the proper tools to do this.

... and I just have to say: THIS EXP IS CALLED CATS AND DOGS! *smashing furniture*, OBS: that doesn't fit my new Avatar

I just realised it cad be shortened to CAD! That's just what I learn about in school these days.
Scholar
#49 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 2:43 PM
I'm a later patcher, but I like this patch, first thing I noticed there is no longer this Search for Infomation on Vampires obsession, or the Fertize a Bush obsession if you buy that plant, now certainly makes things much more interesting.
Instructor
#50 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 5:52 PM
The patch made pretty horrible things to the game. When played sims shows up at "danceparty" and/or "nightclub"- they all wear Maxis-generated outfits (moronic combos!) and it totally destoyes the game for me... I spent hours dressing them up nicely in CAS , without cc as well, so this makes me ******* furious !
It also enhances the abduction/pregnancy for male sims,- it is easy to forget to add the alien-parabol (or whatever that thing is called...) to every roof in the hood. So far two of my male male sims, (none of them sciense-sims) has been abducted , raped and made pregnant against my and their will. I read somewhere that a guru, or whatever they call themselves, said they wished to avoid "triggering and violence". Ha! How is raping men not a triggering criminal offense? And I don´t even play aliens...so this isnt good imho.

"The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory. "
Page 2 of 5