Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Global Gender Preference

by PolarBearSims Posted 9th Nov 2017 at 7:03 AM - Updated 19th Oct 2023 at 3:24 AM by PolarBearSims : Patch Update 9/5/19

78 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 55 Feedback Posts, 22 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 12:19 PM
Really useful, thank you! Does the effect whether new sims will generate in same gender relationships (eg two married female sims), or is family generation seperate to gender preference settings?
Theorist
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 12:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by justjasper
Really useful, thank you! Does the effect whether new sims will generate in same gender relationships (eg two married female sims), or is family generation seperate to gender preference settings?

This is the global gender. It should effect all newly generated and born sims. If a save or premade sim already has a gender preference I don't think it will change preexisting ones so I would think a previously married couple should keep their preference.

For help with my mods please join my discord HERE

**********If you like my builds, mods or videos you can support me at Patreon! **********

*****Thank you for all of your support!*****
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 3:19 PM
I like to play an all-lesbian neighborhood, and I had no idea it was possible to do this with a single setting; I've been making every sim by hand. So thanks very much for this!
Test Subject
#5 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 2:20 PM
Thanks for this! Do you think it would be possible to add a "ask gender preference" interaction, so we would know which preference new townies have been given?
Theorist
Original Poster
#6 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 2:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MrYouneek
Thanks for this! Do you think it would be possible to add a "ask gender preference" interaction, so we would know which preference new townies have been given?

Currently adding interactions isn't something I know how to do yet.

**********If you like my builds, mods or videos you can support me at Patreon! **********

Forum Resident
#7 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 3:01 PM
Does this Mod conflict with MCCC (most likely the Pregnancy Module) in any way?
Theorist
Original Poster
#8 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 4:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Starry Might
Does this Mod conflict with MCCC (most likely the Pregnancy Module) in any way?

I don't know what mccc pregnancy module does. Why would it conflict with that? This doesn't do anything with pregnancies. If mccc has a global gender preference then probably conflict with that but not the entire mod. If your referring to the option to change certain sims gender preference then no, it shouldn't. This mod should only change newly generated or born sims. If you change their preference after this mod won't effect that.

Forum Resident
#9 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 5:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PolarBearSims
I don't know what mccc pregnancy module does. Why would it conflict with that? This doesn't do anything with pregnancies. If mccc has a global gender preference then probably conflict with that but not the entire mod. If your referring to the option to change certain sims gender preference then no, it shouldn't. This mod should only change newly generated or born sims. If you change their preference after this mod won't effect that.

The Pregnancy Module also governs Marriages, and two of its options ("Marriage_SameOppositeSexOnly" and "Marriage_SpouseGenders") does affect the genders of the Sims in question. I should have mentioned that sooner, sorry!

Thinking about it as I'm typing this, though, I'm not sure if it's related to global gender preference or not, though those two settings in question are the closest thing I could find to that in MCCC's online documentation.
Theorist
Original Poster
#10 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 5:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Starry Might
The Pregnancy Module also governs Marriages, and two of its options ("Marriage_SameOppositeSexOnly" and "Marriage_SpouseGenders") does affect the genders of the Sims in question. I should have mentioned that sooner, sorry!

Thinking about it as I'm typing this, though, I'm not sure if it's related to global gender preference or not, though those two settings in question are the closest thing I could find to that in MCCC's online documentation.

Those are the sims actual sexual gender. This mod changes their preference in who they like and are attracted to. Doesn't do anything with their physical gender. I'm pretty sure there's no conflict
Hope that helps!

Forum Resident
#11 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 8:50 PM
Those are the sims actual sexual gender. This mod changes their preference in who they like and are attracted to. Doesn't do anything with their physical gender. I'm pretty sure there's no conflict
Hope that helps!

Hopefully you're right. I'll download it now so that when I get back into Sims 4 after the post-patch dust is at least mostly settled, I'll have it. Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 8:43 AM
oh thx a lot to make all my sims hetero
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 8:23 PM
This is going to be so great. I've really needed something like this. I've been trying to get sims to choose there partner on there own without help and it's a pain in the butt. lol This should help.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#14 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 1:29 AM
thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 7:20 AM
Thank you so much, EA oversteps with some of the things they force on us without choice.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 4:02 PM
Ahh! Thank you very much for creating this mod! :lovestruc
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#17 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 7:15 PM
um is it where you can click on the sim and set their sexual preference?
Theorist
Original Poster
#18 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 8:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Butchwoman
um is it where you can click on the sim and set their sexual preference?

This just sets what you want the game to randomly choose when a sim is born or newly generated. Any predetermined sims will remain what they were before the mod. You can still change their preference if you want. This mod doesnt add any pie menu options.

Lab Assistant
#19 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 8:38 PM
This just sets what you want the game to randomly choose when a sim is born or newly generated. Any predetermined sims will remain what they were before the mod. You can still change their preference if you want. This mod doesnt add any pie menu options.
oh ok cool
Test Subject
#20 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 3:19 AM
Just d/l this mod a few days ago. Start new game. My male Sim open the Retail shop. An Afro beard man came in and start flirting my Sim. After awhile they did a kiss. YIKE!!!!!!!!

PS. forgot. I'd d/l 100 heterosexual.
Theorist
Original Poster
#21 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 3:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ponghandy
Just d/l this mod a few days ago. Start new game. My male Sim open the Retail shop. An Afro beard man came in and start flirting my Sim. After awhile they did a kiss. YIKE!!!!!!!!

PS. forgot. I'd d/l 100 heterosexual.

The mod only effects new baby sims and newly generated sims. If that sim was already in the game in any town, his sexual preference would of already been determined.

Instructor
THANKS POST
#22 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 5:42 PM
Does the Even Genders version make it totally random what sexuality each sim has, or does it keep the numbers of straight/gay/bi sims at an even level?
Theorist
Original Poster
#23 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 6:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by drinkmorecocoa
Does the Even Genders version make it totally random what sexuality each sim has, or does it keep the numbers of straight/gay/bi sims at an even level?

The gender preference in the game is done by a percentage. When a sim is born or newly generated it chooses a preference based on the percent in the game. The even genders flavor will give the game an even percentage for all the gender preferences.

Instructor
#24 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 2:07 AM
The gender preference in the game is done by a percentage. When a sim is born or newly generated it chooses a preference based on the percent in the game. The even genders flavor will give the game an even percentage for all the gender preferences.

Great, that's what I want!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 22nd Nov 2017 at 2:25 PM
omg thank you so much, was so sick of ugly random female townies flirting with my straight female sims!!
Page 1 of 4